It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wind is Mindblowing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Get it?

Okay, let's get serious here for a second.

Wind is really intense no matter how you look at it. I have a fan blowing air at me right now, and it is creating wind. I cannot see wind, I can hear and feel wind though. I can breathe wind, taste and smell it as well.

But the only visual cue in which we can see wind is how it affects things.

Where wind really becomes spiritual to me is when it blows through the trees.

There are certain times where the trees are moving greatly because of the winds, and I stop and imagine for a second that those trees are moving as if they are alive. Because they are alive, and in that moment, they are moving. Does that make sense? People say trees don't move, but when there is wind, I beg to differ.

We are powered by the sun and other things. Why can't the trees be powered by wind? I mean why isn't it possible that the trees could will wind into their lives? After all, many trees and plants depend on the wind to power their seeds into new pastures.

I love wind. It is such a mysterious force. It is one of those things that still amazes me to this day.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The tree is not moving. The wind moves the trees. Very different. Trees do move though, when they grow.

Btw, how many threads are you going to start today in this forum?
Really, most of yours belong in general chit chat.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

That was awesome, thanks. The wind in the trees in summer in the middle of the night is one great reason to be alive.

ColoradoJens

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I love the wind too, especially standing along the ocean shore with the wind through my hair and the sun shining down upon me.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I get exactly what you're saying man. My friend and I a couple months ago were out in the mountains hiking and we ended up getting on this same topic! It was pretty windy and the trees were still barren so there was more creaking and groaning than anything else.

**SNIP**
edit on 10/6/11 by Indecent because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jun 10 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: UPDATE: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Wind is one of the greatest element here on earth IMO. It allows birds to fly, humans to breathe, travel great distances by plane. It basically makes me want to fly when I think about it. Air, no need to hide it, is definitely MY element between those 4.

S & F for your tought on this.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Wow...

Thank you, SolarE, for reminding us to not only to stop and smell the roses once in while, but to also stop and appreciate the awe and wonder of something as simple as wind... as well as every other worldy wonder we take for granted. Everything has its purpose in this awe-inspiring universe we have the privilege to be a part of...

All the things that we forget to appreciate as we're speeding along this rat race of modern civilization.

Thanks,
I needed that brief moment of fresh air !

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
One of the greatest comforts and fear's at the same time for me in life, is the calming winds right before a huge thunderstorm hits. It's just so relaxing, the humidity drops or rises depending, and the temps cool down or rise, and all of a sudden all hell breaks loose the wind kicks up the tree's and lightning flashes, thunder shakes you down. It's exhilarating.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
For the past few days, the winds have been blowing through my trees in the backyard. The trees do appear to be alive as their branches wave their "hellos" to me. The crispy, cool air feels VERY ethereal, calming and relaxing.

top topics

join