It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if all banks closed their doors ???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I imagine at first there would be an enormous amount of chaos and looting. At first my priority would be to keep my family safe, but as there becomes less to loot and people need to start surviving I think I would be one of the people that resorts to living like people in this country did two-hundred years ago. Living off the land so to speak, killing what I needed to feed my family, planting a garden in the spring, canning vegetables and fruit, etc...and learning to become dependent on survival first.

As time went by and the strong survived the crisis, I think the barter system would be in effect and slowly things would start to evolve again into a system of trade, trust, and survival. It's not really a new system but I think it would be a new exchange with the past as a lesson learned about what did not work.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
IMHO, when the banks close the doors, it is over and the paper you hold in your wallet has no value. Your credit cards are just plastic. Your gold and silver while worth killing you for, will not serve you for a very long time and will land you in prison when you refuse to turn it in to the NWO.

The infrastructure will go on a holiday as will all the grocery stores after the initial looting which while may cause some loss of life will not extend over the first 24 hours.

House to house robberies will be over looked by the local police and 911 calls will find nothing more than a busy signal.

Hospitals will have armed guards and will go into lock down.

All public institutions such as Universities and Colleges as well as other care taking facilities will release all patients and live in residents. Many mental hospitals will release all but the most criminally insane who will be transferred into general population of the prison systems.

Large crowds will begin to assemble around Food Distribution warehouses which will have Full Military Guards and the only vehicles allowed in will be those which are part of the continuity of Government.

The first weeks after the collapse will find hundreds of thousands dead and dying from rampant acts of violence.

Large bands or groups from the inner cities will escape into the country as they will have already established a strong core of like minded individuals hell bent on survival.

Opps but I digress, this was not about anything but what "I" will do... Sorry ...

OK personally, I will go get my family in the city, bring them to the country. Contact my son in Cal. and tell him to get home, call my brother and sis in law ask them to join us too. Talk with the neighbors and set up perimeters...

Do inventory. Hide inventory. Get ready to defend our little place here on the planet.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Think about what canning foods will cost if you could get the supplies. What will it take to feed your family for one year? How many quart jars do you need to feed your family for a year? Rings can be reused, but the lids should be new... how many lids to feed your family for 5 years? Just saying even I do not have all this down. I just cant afford to have everything I would need in worst case scenario. But we are survivors. Family, and friends are important, very very important.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You got any proof that US has defaulted on debt to China?

No money and banks all closed and everything offline = no record of ownership. Help yourself.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
That is why I would never use an American Bank.

It would be the first act of war on the Citizens. And then you would die.

We see from our perch that America is the testing ground for unspeakable and horrendous regulation. The things you citizens have to go through.

Without your banks there would be nothing you could do except the oold crime known to man....STEAL.

You should bank overseas. With at least one account.

I would not trust American owned anything except the cool as f*** Dodge Challenger which I imported last year.

No banks = war on citizens = great reality TV for the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Think about what canning foods will cost if you could get the supplies. What will it take to feed your family for one year? How many quart jars do you need to feed your family for a year? Rings can be reused, but the lids should be new... how many lids to feed your family for 5 years? Just saying even I do not have all this down. I just cant afford to have everything I would need in worst case scenario. But we are survivors. Family, and friends are important, very very important.

Your right...if I intend to purchase all the supplies that canning requires, well I would be in a tough position for five years worth of supplies. There are ways to preserve some food without spending a dime too...dehydrating some foods is a start. Also traditional methods of sealing and preserving fruits and vegetables is not traditional at all, and the supplies needed for canning are not only purchased in stores...wax for example has been used as a seal for a lot longer than the Mason store bought lids. Interesting thing about wax also is it can be reused many times and sterilized pretty simply (boiling it is sufficient for the most part).

There is no way to have this all down, in my opinion, and a lot of it will be "off the hip" and on the fly as the circumstances change...so will the ways we have to adapt to them I suppose. It is very difficult to imagine five years into the future of things, but in a hypothetical situation like this, five years might just be the beginning and centuries could pass with a new system of survival in place.

In an event like this though, your absolutely right about family and friends, and they will make the difference between survival and a lost generation (our children, our grandchildren). Our own lives and survival are only the start...what comes long after we pass?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I thought that wax was a very dangerous choice and one that could make you sick? I have been toying with it for a while and it would have to be tried out before hand to see if it would hold things like tomatoes and green beans or corn. I have used it for jellies and jams but at times it did not work even for that. So, yes I have tried to figure out what they did in the olden days. I think they used those rubber sealed jars in the past, but I wouldn't totally trust those either. Dehydrating can be wonderful I know, but nothing beats home canned veggies and fruits.

Nice reading your comments.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
If the banks would close
i would be out of debt

then i can just work or barter

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
What would you do if all banks closed their doors ???

Open them, or bring the pain.

I think the majority will just take it and starve, more room for me.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well, everyone would be in the same position. The best thing to do is NOT panic. Yet, I suspect there would riots and a lot of demonstrations. The next thing to do is get together with family or friends and pool your resources. Food and water is a top priority. If there is no money, then they can't come to you for rent or bank loans. But, they can turn off your electricity, water, and other amenities. I recommend getting stocked up NOW. The default date is August 2nd.The claim the government will raise the debt ceiling, but even if they did, we are still screwed
with all the debt. Eventually everything will fall apart. We will become like Greece and Ireland. And, I believe all this will happen either late this year or early next.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I was just sitting here thinking what the world would be
like if suddenly you woke up one morning and all the banks
were padlocked and all ATM's were off-line.

And then I thought, would this be the start of the
march on DC ???

We already know the US has defaulted on their
debt to China, but what if they defaulted on their
debt to us ???

Just exactly what would you do ??

It would be difficult of course ... not to mention frustrating ... but off the top of my head I would be pleased about the fact that everyone was on the same level because I'm assuming that even the money of the rich would be worthless once the banks closed because currency would have not status full-stop !

Personally I'd say bring it on ... at least I know enough about survival to have a door on my cave

It would certainly be amusing to see how the pampered rich managed when they had to fend for themselves because the highest of the high would be on the same level playing field as the lowest of the low (can't wait).

Woody

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
i would thank god that the system finally crashed.

money is just a trick to enslave the masses. i pray that the banks close. but it will never happen. money is how they keep the masses in check. the would never let the people know if there actually wasn't any money. they know we would all quit working. for all we know right now...money is worthless. only TPTB know it.

but if the people ever found out that money was worthless or there was none...we would be free...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
House, etc. already paid off, food and seeds already stocked, Water stocked plus access to well with old fashioned hand pump, guard dogs and weapons ready, bicycles for when gas runs out, first aid supplies stocked and have some medical training, and neighbors all trustworthy and ready too. I say let them close- don't need them to survive anyway! Also our neighborhood is fully prepared to blockade off our area and rotate security shifts when TSHTF. Let 'em have at it!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Load my weapons,make sure to use some of my stash cash to fill up my vehicles and get a store run in....then sit back and watch the fun...Im prepped to the gills...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay
If the banks would close
i would be out of debt

then i can just work or barter

Amen to that

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg

Load my weapons,make sure to use some of my stash cash to fill up my vehicles and get a store run in....then sit back and watch the fun...Im prepped to the gills...
We only leave enough cash in the banks to cover direct billing of my utilities and such....the rest stays stashed in a safe...I like nickles too....right now each nickle is worth about 7.865 cents in raw materails...thats the reason the quit making them....

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Do I have any money in the bank in this scenario?

If they have taken my money my answer will be very different otherwise this would be a good first step to abandon the Knights Templar and their heathen godchild once and for all.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It's a stupid question, not gonna happen. US banks are privately owned for profit enterprises. To get them all to do the same thing at the same time would be like trying to herd cats.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
wow, some really great posts in there.
I won't address each one other than to
say there are some really great ideas
in there we all need to keep in mind.

Hey, u got any smokes ???
lol

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
It's a stupid question, not gonna happen. US banks are privately owned for profit enterprises. To get them all to do the same thing at the same time would be like trying to herd cats.

I don't consider it a stupid question.
If Wall Street Crashes and the US Dollar
crashes behind it, and Ron Paul ends
the FED ....

don't you think the banks would close their doors ???
a legitimate scenario

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join