It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God-Like ET's, those who can breath our Atmosphere and stand our Gravity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I keep thinking about aliens and ET visiting our planet while I'm watching National Geographic Known Universe or the Universe on History, or visiting www.nasa.gov .

One notion I can't stop pondering about is it seems to indicate that an identical Earth-like planet might be pretty rare. The discoveries so far seem to have an Earth-like planet too large, or tidal locked, or the atmosphere is too thick. There always seems to be something.

Considering that information, (I'm assuming forum readers are up to speed with current discoveries in space, i.e. exoplanets) I go back to thinking about ufology/ancient alien theory.

To speak generally, there are opinions that believe ET's have walked the planet.

Now, however rare and far away their home planet is, I would say that would be pretty miraculous to the people of Earth, if they were to encounter the visiting aliens who can walk around freely on our planet.

I would assume if we are being visited regularly, most aliens probably couldn't even exit their ship, because our planet might be too extreme for them.

The vast distance aliens would have to travel coming from a planet identical to Earth, must be millions of years into the future/more advanced than we are, and also very rare in the Universe.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
They just open portals, and walk in, on the level you're speaking. Also, the universe isn't what we think it is.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You will never get the FULL truth from NASA or any other department in the Gov't...
If they did find one that is suitable for humans to live, do youreally think they would tell,
better yet even consider bringing us(the sheeple in their eyes) there.. Their self-centeredness
would not evenn allow a thought like that to pop in their selfish, boxed-in head. They skeeve us
because we are not in their club and never will be.. And I thank God w I am not!!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I agree, I like watching or reading all kinds of things about the ancient aliens and pretty much anything about ancient ruins or artifacts, but haven’t really seen anything that convinces me that aliens have ever contacted us.
I know there are those who are firm in there believes about it and to them there is plenty of proof and for them good for you.
Perhaps people don’t give credit where credit is due. Just because we can’t explain how something was done doesn’t mean good old humans didn’t do it. The easiest civilization to destroy is the more advanced. (You can drive a car but can you make one) There was probably a lot of ancient civilizations’ that new things we are only now relearning. Don’t forget they worked with nature and studied it, moving and carving giant stones could be so simple we aren’t seeing it.
There are probably billions of habited planets with intelligence life, and a lot of them will be hundreds or millions of years more advanced than us, if someone showed up here and met us in our past they wouldn’t leave anything. They would waste nothing.
We would be studied without interference. Their technology would be so advanced we wouldn’t be able to tell machine from being and if someone saw them, it would be fleeting, or they would be tagged.
Unless interstellar space travel is a lot easier than it seems. (And it probably is) they would still have to figure that out, then how not to kill each other, save their own planet, then take on curiosity missions.
If they were going to plunder us then there’s probably not much we could do about it, but chances are, once your planet has evolved to the point that you wanted to start exploring the interstellar surroundings, you would be investing you’re energy in knowledge of any kind.
If you can easily travel through space you can get anything you need out there. We have only just begun with nanotechnology, imagine how it will be in 100 years. Place some on an asteroid it will be anything you want.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon
You will never get the FULL truth from NASA or any other department in the Gov't...
If they did find one that is suitable for humans to live, do youreally think they would tell,
better yet even consider bringing us(the sheeple in their eyes) there.. Their self-centeredness
would not evenn allow a thought like that to pop in their selfish, boxed-in head. They skeeve us
because we are not in their club and never will be.. And I thank God w I am not!!

Uh, what? The data from the Kepler Space Telescope (NASA's mission to find Earth-like planets) is available online, and they've actually crowd-sourced the analysis of the data; you can help find extra-solar planets like the Earth at Planet Hunters.

Biggest. Secret. Ever.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
"The vast distance aliens would have to travel coming from a planet identical to Earth, must be millions of years into the future/more advanced than we are, and also very rare in the Universe."

reply to post by game over man

Who's to say there isn't intelligent life that live in our own Galaxy? I mean unless worm hole theories are true and there is NO other life in our Galaxy it would take thousands of years of travel to get here, assuming the can travel at light speed or even twice that.

I greatly believe that somewhere in our own Galaxy, within the millions/billions of stars and such that there is intelligent life...Thier visitations and sightings would make alot more sense if that were the case as our Milky Way is only (I use only VERY loosely lol) 10 light yrs across.

But if light speed and/or worm hole theories are actually more than science fiction, well then the pendulum swings differently altogether.

edit on 11-6-2011 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chipkin9

When we look up at a Star, we're looking at the Star's past. If we had wormhole technology, what time would we arrive at that Star we were observing from Earth?

Think of it as aliens doing the same experiment with Earth. They would be observing Earth's Ancient past while they are building their wormhole craft on their home planet.

If you can find me an identical Earth like planet that is relatively close, I might change my mind, but otherwise, Aliens who can breath our atmosphere and stand our gravity, and travel to Earth, would be millions of years ahead. And modern humans supposedly originated in Africa only 200,000 years ago...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
reply to post by Chipkin9

Aliens who can breath our atmosphere and stand our gravity, and travel to Earth, would be millions of years ahead. And modern humans supposedly originated in Africa only 200,000 years ago...

Who's to say that they (if there is a they) haven't had a head start? Unless you think they started here and will be returning?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

In a way, you've written one of the best OPs in this section for some weeks. If you'd pimped it out with a few links and maybe a video, you could have had a hit on your hands. It's starred and flagged from me anyway.

The points raised are the kind of things most guys who post in this forum don't know about or don't understand. In particular, our Solar System alone is bloody enormous. At the speed of light, it'd take between 4 and 5 hours just to get to Pluto and getting near to 8 hours to the edge of the Solar System (cool image).

When we get to that point it's another 4 years to the closest Alpha Centauri! A list of nearest stars shows a bunch of stars that *probably* don't have what it takes to have developed intelligent life....too hot, too cold etc.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77f5b3bc010f.jpg[/atsimg]

Out past the heliosphere and deep into real space; planets are there, but so far Earth-like ones are rare. We're currently in the mid-500s for *any* planets found. There's a daily update and a detailed list of discoveries (mass, distance etc).

The distances and emptiness of space are mind-boggling. Nevertheless, if *some* reports are accurate, something technological appears to be occasionally in our air-space...

Now, however rare and far away their home planet is, I would say that would be pretty miraculous to the people of Earth, if they were to encounter the visiting aliens who can walk around freely on our planet.

I would assume if we are being visited regularly, most aliens probably couldn't even exit their ship, because our planet might be too extreme for them.

Up to now, it's possible that we don't have much of a clue without knowing the parameters. If we *did* know the parameters, we wouldn't be having the discussion! There's a fascinating article by Professor Mike Swords that looks at the evolutionary aspects of ET. In the article, he broadly addresses what environmental requirements would be involved for a technological ET to exist. Some of his points and some of mine...

* The planet/s or moon/s would require similar atmospheric pressure and gravity for the right atmosphere for intelligent life.
* They'd need to be land-based.
* The atmosphere would be similar enough to Earth to be able to sustain fire.
* They'd be apex predators like us.
* They'd develop tool-use and fire.
* They'd probably be 'humanoid' in shape as it's a good template for a sentient creature able to be instrumental on its environment: hands, binocular vision, upright etc
* They'd have a societal infrastructure because construction requires communication, probably trade (economics) and the exploitation of resources from different regions of their environment.

If most/any of these points are close to being reasonable, it might not be a huge adjustment for some technological life-forms to be able to function on Earth. If their earlier development followed a similar path to ours, I would imagine their 'history books' would tell much the same tales of conquest, wars and progress. It's a lot to consider and I know it's also speculation, but it's also, to me, more practical than other concepts that describe peace, love and razzamatazz aliens.

The vast distance aliens would have to travel coming from a planet identical to Earth, must be millions of years into the future/more advanced than we are, and also very rare in the Universe.

Maybe or maybe not? They could be thousands or hundreds of years more advanced. Then again, their science might have discovered something that we haven't yet and earlier in their development than ours? Who knows? Also, could it be possible that ETs have left their planets behind? What if there's an ET race or races that spends all its time in space? In that light, we could potentially have had an outpost parked in our Solar System from before the dinosaurs. Planet Earth could be just one of many outposts linking up stars, moons and planets that have in-demand resources.

ETA: Mike Swords - Could ETs Be Expected to Breathe Our Air?

Swords - Science and the Extra-Terrestrial Hypothesis in Ufology (37 pages of excellence!)
edit on 11-6-2011 by Kandinsky because: Typos and links

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
This would only be a restriction if they were biological entities visiting. It's not outside the realm of possibility that a highly advanced race would use equally advanced robots to probe and gather information. It actually makes more sense to send non-living entities to gather data on the surrounding planets/galaxies systematically. Such as a broader range of environments they can survive in, the ability to abandon or remote destruct the entity if captured, and the obvious increased lifespan/durability. Also, the chance they can pilot said robots from the comfort of their home planet.

Yes, there could even be a being so advanced that all of those above could be rendered obsolete with their organic bodies.

Or, to take it in another direction, maybe it's not extreme for them at all. Maybe they come from a planet that makes this one look like a literal hell. Or maybe they came specifically to this planet because it mimics their home planet so well, and in doing so passed up thousands of other planets that could sustain other forms of life.

The reality is, you're not going to get real conclusive answers, since nobody knows for certain. The universe is too vast, and anyone claiming to know "for sure" is only fooling themselves.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You may be barking up the wrong tree.

There is always the possibility that what we think are aliens are from Earth. Time travellers are one idea that often gets bandied about.

What if a species of dinosaur was bipedal, had an opposable thumb, large brain and good linguistic skills (think of birds their close relatives.) That would basically be a humanoid lizard like species with abilities comparable to ours. Surely they would have no problems walking around on Earth today?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65b41613b436.jpg[/atsimg]

Dinosaurs were around for a lot longer than us. They had longer to produce a humanoid than the mammals.

Dinosaurs are a diverse group of animals that were the dominant terrestrial vertebrates for over 160 million years, from the late Triassic period (about 230 million years ago) until the end of the Cretaceous (about 65 million years ago).en.wikipedia.org...

If bipedal dinosaurs had been presented with similar evolutionary hurdles to mammals, surely it is entirely possible that they evolved similar solutions. These solutions would include the larger brain, language and opposable thumb.

See also The Dinosauroid: A Humanoid Dinosaur

However, the dinosaurs were wiped out in the Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction event 65 million years ago. Or where they? What if they developed civilisation then survived on bases in the Solar System or beyond?

I have written a thread on the topic if you want more details. In that thread I deal with all the obvious challenges to the idea.

Is it Possible That Dinosaurs Evolved into Humanoids?
edit on 11/6/11 by Pimander because: typo

top topics

join