It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydration is Key.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Lot of people these days don't drink enough water.

There are days in which I am one of those many people.

Water is very important. Lot of people substitute water for sugary drinks and such, but nothing beats the hydrational qualities of a glass of water.

Now, there are all these things about things in the water, but sometimes, the instant benefits of a glass of water are very good.

I use a water purifier at home. It may help a little bit, I'm not sure.

Hey, it might even help to say thank you to your glass of water. Maybe it will help purify it and make it stay more good. We are lots of water after all.

Water is definitely cool. I am drinking water right now. Yum. I can taste minerals. I think water has a taste, and it definitely varies based on area.

What do you think about water?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I call it nature's white wine..and its awesome!!

I need to drink more of it as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Love drinking water, usually warm. I try to drink till my urine is clear or at least not lemon yellow.

Some people say they get cramps if they drink water before they go run or play basketball.. maybe if you chug a bottle or something but a good sip or two should not do any harm.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

worrys me sometimes..when i look at a cold glass of water i wonder if someday in the near future we may be takeing for granted that glass of pure water..and not be able to get it..seems we take simple things for granted..until they are gone

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I used to hate water! I actually used to gag when I drank it, I know that sounds crazy but it's completely true.

All my life I have lived of pop and tea, but over the last two years and especially this year I have come to actually love water! the way that helped me is my numerous attempts at water fasting, forcing myself to drink a lot of it and nothing else rewarded me greatly and made me get rid of the silly phobia I had of it, and let me tell you my skin started looking 100% better within no time at all especially during the fasting, your skin can look absolutely glowing after a short while!

I drink water every day now, and it certainly helps on the waistline though i'd like it to help a little more
but yes you are absolutely correct in that it really should be your primary fluid intake! works wonders and nothing quenches your thirst like water does!

edit on 10-6-2011 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby

worrys me sometimes..when i look at a cold glass of water i wonder if someday in the near future we may be takeing for granted that glass of pure water..and not be able to get it..seems we take simple things for granted..until they are gone

I hear you loud and clear on that. It really is the GOLD for human bodies, we NEED it to survive...even if it is in other liquids.

We do take it for granted...good clean water to drink ,is a precious commodity that should thoroughly be appreciated, and protected.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
A big glass of water is the best way to start the day off. I mix some Green SuperFoods into my water in the morning, and it works.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

Yeah, I can totally relate to this. I'm still having trouble making myself drink just plain water. It makes the back of my throat all dry. I know that sounds weird; the definitive hydrater makes me feel dehydrated, lol. But your story gives me hope that someday I may become used to it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Water................yes it is most important!....I did not drink water as often as I should of...for a while....and has a result I got kidney stones....(very painful)....so now I am drinking a lot of water.....also as a side note when I was passing the kidney stones I drank a lot of orange juice...it helps to heal and pass the stones....

My advice to everyone...drink, drink, drink your water!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I my self love drinking water. I get about 3 - 4 liters of it in a day. I fill up a huge bottle of it and take it where ever I go. It's always there when I need it.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I have fond memories of drinking water before they started to fluoridate it in my area about 15 years ago. I couldn't get enough of it. I loved the taste and I just felt so good drinking it.
Now it smells of chemicals and it doesn't taste nice either. It is also very cloudy, which puts me off drinking it. I still drink it but only about 1 glass each day. I prefer orange juice or smoothies.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Agree with the posts above, water is great for health, although it's probably good to get a filter if possible

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
How much water should you consume a day?

I heard it should be 2 Litres a day, but when i drink that much it makes me need the toilet every 15-30 minutes.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceTruckin
How much water should you consume a day?

I heard it should be 2 Litres a day, but when i drink that much it makes me need the toilet every 15-30 minutes.

You also get through food. I find if you drink large quantities for a few weeks your system will get used to it, and you won't need to go as often.

new topics

top topics

join