It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki - Most wouldn't know a Conspiracy if it spit them in the face.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

FRAUDSTERS, CON ARTISTS AND GRIFTERS

Robert Kiyosaki

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/588b9d707307.jpg[/atsimg]

Kiyosaki, a well known investor, friend of Trump ( 1 ) and renowned author. A savvy investor or just another con man? A Canadian program called "5th estate" did a undercover expose on Robert Kiyosaki.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e85df20ad42a.jpg[/atsimg]

Kiyosaki was runs/ran conventions and claims to outsource his campaign, charges a fee for people just to get them there and convince them to get lines of credit to buy 'schooling' in the range of 5-25k+

Who is he? Besides being a friend of Trump and other heavyweights... Watch the videos in this thread to find out.

He even gets a lot of attention on this forum by the people who like to plonk down threads without doing backgrounds on sources.

Example A

Example B

and further

Example 1a (indirect)

Example 1b (thread post)

Example 1c (thread post)

Example 1d (thread post)

Example 1e (thread post)

Robert Toru Kiyosaki, born April 8, 1947) is an American investor, businessman, self-help author and motivational speaker.

Kiyosaki is best known for his Rich Dad Poor Dad series of motivational books and other material published under the Rich Dad brand. He has written 15 books which have combined sales of over 26 million copies.[1]

Although beginning as a self-publisher, he was subsequently published by Warner Books, a division of Hachette Book Group USA. His new books appear under the Rich Dad Press imprint.

Three of his books, Rich Dad Poor Dad, Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant, and Rich Dad's Guide to Investing, have been on the top 10 best-seller lists simultaneously on The Wall Street Journal, USA Today and the New York Times.
Wiki

Watch the Movie

Original source for the undercover expose on Robert Kiyosaki.

Response from people:

The problem with Robert Kiyosakis' Rich Dad Education is that it is licensed to be taught through Tigrent Learning who are SHARKS in search of fresh blood!

Tigrent Learning is misrepresenting a number of his basic business principals at the dear expense of thier students! Tigrent advocates that your retirement fund is a perfect source for funding their education, while RK strongly disagrees with that premise. RK may be benefiting financially from their disingenuous sales tactics but at the ultimate expense of his reputation!

I attended a recent (Feb) 3-day workshop for $500. ... was our instructor, and I found him to be very knowledgeable and professional. Did I believe every "story" he told us....NO.

Did I pick up on the fact that the 3-day workshop was a sales pitch to sell you on further courses...YES. Anyone that thought they were going to reach financial wealth in 3 days is dilusional. I signed up for 2 more courses to the tune of just under $10K. Was it worth it....ABSOLUTELY!! I talked to my lawyers, my accountants, my banker and mortgage broker. They are all familiar with the practises that are taught.

Like anything in life, there's a sucker born every minute, and if you're naive enough to drop a ton of cash after a 3 day lecture, I've got some swamp land for you in Florida! Where are the success stories?

My husband and I attended his free workshop and were floored by the sales pitch . We teach business owners how to improve their businesses and increase their wealth and this gives legitimate companies who really do help a bad name. If the free seminar is nothing but a sales pitch, expect more of the same in the rest.

Otherwise, if you do actually learn something valuable, then the other training will also be valuable, but be very cost cognizent. It shouldn't cost $45000.00 to learn how to buy property...ever! We never took the further course, it just didn't make any sense. By the way, without their help,we invested and are doing fine.

And one in his favor

I often wish there was more followup provided on some of these stories. Having met Robert personally, I was extremely disappointed that someone has taken his concepts of financial literacy and has twisted it so much as to take advantage of people: people who do not do their own sufficient due diligence.

Robert indicated that a contract had been entered into with this presenter. Is that contract still in existence? Has Robert allowed it to continue? I've heard that it has been terminated.

Can Marketplace followup on that? Would that be good balanced news reporting? There are others out there using Rich Dad material that have not taken advantage of people the way the guy in the show did. It is unfair to paint them all with the same brush. We all benefit from increasing our own financial literacy. Let's take personal responsibility for own financial literacy!

More reading and More

To sum it up, spin can be put on this whole thing and he can shed responsibility. But the business world is not like your home life. If you contract or hire people to work for you, the leader (the boss) always knows what's going on. He can claim ignorance but he knew what was going on the whole time. IMO.

Take from that what you will.

edit on 10-6-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The only reason why Kiyosaki is a "Rich dad" is because he's selling me that damn book! Enough said

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
The only reason why Kiyosaki is a "Rich dad" is because he's selling me that damn book! Enough said

Trump is not much better IMO, and people were actually talking about voting the guy for president.

Look up "ACN". Another MLM scheme. Which is a borderline pyramid scheme directed at people coming out of high school and university.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
We have those Rich Dad/ Poor Dad seminars here about once every 6 months. I haven't run into anyone thats gone though. To play devil's advocate a second, these types of companies play on the greed of others. They pay $500 so they can be millioniares. Everyone should know by now that outside of winning the lotto, you won't take $500 and turn it into millions in a week. If you wanna let greed blind good judgement then who is really to blame? We all heard if its too good to be true, then its probably not. This is just another scheme that falls into that category.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

I actual feel where you are coming from with the position you are presenting. Unfortunately, the government prosecutes people for things that are very similar (if not identical).

I have no problem with people having to learn the hard way, *buyer beware*, but at the same time, it needs to be an even playing field.

I think, either let everyone scam and force people to be smarter, or process everyone the same. A grifter playing three card monte on the street is more likely to get burned that Kiyosaki.

But alas, my reaction is an emotional one. So take it all as an informational thread to the naive.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yeah same thing happened with Berney Madoff. Now don't get me wrong, I think what these people do is wrong but people have a right to do whatever they want with their money. Now if they choice to invest in a get rich quick scheme, however it works out for them, they get what they get.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
reply to post by boncho

Yeah same thing happened with Berney Madoff. Now don't get me wrong, I think what these people do is wrong but people have a right to do whatever they want with their money. Now if they choice to invest in a get rich quick scheme, however it works out for them, they get what they get.

First thing I thought of when they did the 'emotional' pieces on the victims of Madoff's scheme was, "well, you chose to take an investment that promised higher returns than all the others".

So I know exactly where you are coming from.

new topics

top topics

join