It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Police investigating Rep. Weiner’s communication with Delaware minor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Delaware police talked with the family of a high school girl Friday about possible online messages she received from Rep. Anthony Weiner, according to a Fox News report.

The girl, a 17-years-old high school junior, received a direct message from Weiner on April 13 after following the congressman on April 1, sources told Fox News’ Jana Winter.

Uh oh. If this is substantiated it ratchets this up to a whole new, disgusting level. Even if it turns out false, he'll have to resign now.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I said it when I posted that they called for an investigation into the Wiener scandal that he should just resign, because if there was dirt it was going to come straight to the surface. He shoulda split when he had the chance! Now with this news his career will likely be over for good.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

What he does with his personal life is his, as long as it's legal. But being a Congressman, he is, and should be, held to a higher standard. This was irresponsible at best. I do hope this with the minor turns out to be truly innocent as he says it was.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Even if it turns out that nothing 'sexual' or 'inappropriate' was communicated, isn't it odd that a 47 year old congressman would be tweeting a 17 year old?

He's nothing more than a perverted sexual predator and resigning will be too good for him.

Mistakes? Supporters (Barbara Walters and the like) should note that taking a picture of an aroused genital (although barely covered) and then tweeting it IS NOT a mistake.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

The girl and her family have already stated nothing was exchnaged that was ilegal or innaporpriate. All the Police are doing is following up to verify that. As much as this tool annoys me, I dont think anything innapropriate occured between him and the 17 year old.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Delaware police talked with the family of a high school girl Friday about possible online messages she received from Rep. Anthony Weiner, according to a Fox News report.

The girl, a 17-years-old high school junior, received a direct message from Weiner on April 13 after following the congressman on April 1, sources told Fox News’ Jana Winter.

Uh oh. If this is substantiated it ratchets this up to a whole new, disgusting level. Even if it turns out false, he'll have to resign now.

/TOA

Aye, but does anyone know what he was up too before this whole thing got out? Either way maybe he should just resign, at this point Rep. Weiner is too much of a distraction.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Even if it turns out that nothing 'sexual' or 'inappropriate' was communicated, isn't it odd that a 47 year old congressman would be tweeting a 17 year old?

He's nothing more than a perverted sexual predator and resigning will be too good for him.

Mistakes? Supporters (Barbara Walters and the like) should note that taking a picture of an aroused genital (although barely covered) and then tweeting it IS NOT a mistake.

You do realize that there is more revealing stuff on normal cable TV of both men and women right? Inno I guess I just find the slippery slope of people being upset over the male physiological form disturbing. The thought of being stuck wearing a burka like outfit in the summer isn't appealing.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I just saw on my local news that the police determined that nothing criminal occurred specifically in reference to the minor in this issue.

The statements come as Delaware authorities are investigating contact between a local teen and Weiner.

"Detectives were made aware of alleged contact between Congressman Anthony Weiner and an area teen," New Castle County Police said in a statement. "Detectives have conducted an interview with the teen and she has made no disclosure of criminal activity nor inappropriate contact by the congressman."

Source

new topics

top topics

join