It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Vaccine Scrapped over Autism Fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The Whooping Cough vaccine that all babies are given when they reach 8 weeks old is being taken out of circulation due to fears of connections to Autism. The mercury that is in the vaccine has found to be related to some cases.

news.bbc.co.uk
A vaccine containing mercury given to babies when they are eight weeks old is to be scrapped amid fears of a link with autism.
The move follows recent research in America that suggests a connection between the mercury used to preserve the whooping cough vaccine, and autism.

The jab, without mercury, will be given as part of a new five-in-one vaccine.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I admit that the ingredients of the whooping cough vaccine may help the child build the immunity to the illness but its also well known that mercury is poisonous if ingested.

Autism is a type of brain damage that can be very minor to full blown autism with other characteristics like Parkinsons, mental health problems etc.

Its a good thing they are being cautious, and we'll have to keep an eye on what the results are saying.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
thanks for sharing the good article Gryff,

it sure does sound like they have done the right thing in stoping the vaccine due to fears.

and its good to see they have an alternative jag that doesnt contain mercury

rynaldo

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Yes, all hail to the powers that be for removing the mercury [/sarcasm] - just as they've been forced, over time, to evaluate bsome of the other toxic substances in infant vaccines. Formalin, anyone?

There's good reason why there are so many protest groups that are agin INFANT vaccination. Alas, during my last move, I had to ditch mountains of documents, and I've done a brief, but nevertheless unsuccessful search, regarding the 4-in-one infant vaccine that was trialled in Brisbane [Australia] a few years ago, that was subsequently discontinued because too many babies died after it was administered.

Infants are routinely vaccinated here regardless of their parents' perceptions regarding their baby's present state of health. And AFAIK, Australian doctors still receive a $AU6 "bounty" for each infant vaccination. and as it's 3am here, I've no desire to research the present situation on this right now.

OK. I'll be nice - yes bouquets for removing the mercury - but aren't you all horrified that it was there in the first place?

Vaccinations are all very well - at the correct time. Check out the results achieved by Japan with regard to infant vaccinations - these were stopped in the 1970's, and the vaccinations were administered to children above the age of 2. Result? - cot deaths [SIDS] virtually wiped out.

www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com...
www.sids.org.uk...

And damage/injuries/deaths caused by INFANT vaccinations are severely under-reported

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
"Mercury is one of the most toxic elements on this planet. It has no business being ingested in any form by anyone, it serves no useful purpose, it is dangerous."

"I welcome the fact that mercury is being withdrawn because it is toxic and should not be injected into babies full stop."

I don't understand the need for Mercury to be put into the vaccine and at such a young age. I looked at the links on Autism im thinking they use the Mercury so it goes to the brain to help curb Autism maybe im takeing a long shot at it .But im glad they decided to stop the vaccine full stop.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
People are generally unaware of what goes into vaccines. They trust the pharmaceutical industry & the medical profession to keep them safe. I wish I shared their trust sometimes, but that's never likely to happen. For example, people receiving flu vaccinations are very rarely asked if they're allergic to egg products, despite the fact that the vaccine is usually cultured in eggs.

Formalin, a toxic & carcinogenic substance, has also been used in infant vaccines. I wish we'd take a leaf out of Japan's book where infant vaccination's concerned. These toxic elements are used as "adjuncts" or catalysts. Parent's, please make yourselves aware - children may be the only future we have.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Mercury is a poison regardless of ingestion.
Mercury vapor is observed into the body by 80%.

We are breating air and eating fish with high levels of mercury.

Guess how many tons of mercury is released into the air by coal plants each year? My guess would be around 100 tons +.

Good morning.

You ask me about the increase in autism and other mental disorders and i would make a big connection here.

Here is the info from the government itself - at least they are not denying it.

www.cdc.gov...

Common behavioral symptoms of mercury toxicity include depression, irritability, exaggerated response to stimuli, excessive shyness, insomnia, and emotional instability (4). In occupational exposure studies, workers with urine mercury concentrations greater than 56 ug/L exhibited neurotoxic effects such as decreased performance on verbal concept formation and memory tests (5). Neurobehavioral tests and other standardized test batteries have been used to assess persons exposed to mercury and other neurotoxic agents in environmental and occupational settings (6-10).

pasture.ecn.purdue.edu...

Mercury poisoning is the ill effects on humans nervous system and other bodily systems due to the over-exposure of mercury. Mercury is a neurotoxin, meaning it affects the nervous system. The "mad hatters" of the 19th century suffered from mercury poisoning which caused personality changes, nervousness, trembling, and even dementia. The hatters were exposed to mercury in the felting process, where mercury was rubbed onto cloth to preserve it.

Today, people are more aware of the dangers of mercury and many of its uses have been discontinued. However, mercury exposure is still an occupational hazard for people in many industries and mercury is present in the environment around us. There is also the risk of exposure due to a thermometer breaking or mercury leaking out of a thermostat or any number of mercury-containing devices. If mercury vapor is inhaled, as much as 80 percent may enter the bloodstream

www.testfoundation.org...

estimated daily avarage mercury intakes.

www.testfoundation.org...

[edit on 8-8-2004 by psilocin]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I heard today that the new vaccine is going to have 5 in one and its the one they use in canada since 97 I think it said. Only problem is that with the five in one if you have a reaction to it how will they know which one to cure you from. Seems like to me they should use anouther one and in single jabs.

new topics

top topics

join