It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Signs That Wall Street Is About To Go Into Panic Mode

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Can we get some estimated guesses on what kind of a time frame we are looking at here?
Michael Ruppert gives it till July at the latest before we see total economic pandemonium...

Frankly it wouldn't surprise me.

Anyone care to take a guess?

won't happen is my guess...why?... the wealthy stand to lose too much money if the US collapses

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I think this is a crisis that reaches far beyond "the wealthy" to control any longer

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
IMHO The only thing left that would give Western governments any real control/power over the economy and the people is through the kind of emergency legislation enacted during major conflicts such as WW1 and 2..

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This is just a prediction,but based on some Facts and Opinions from various Sources:

What Wall Street (and the Banking Elite) want is QE3. To get that,Stocks have to fall to a certain Point for the FED to implement QE3. Especially S&P 500 has to fall to or below 1000 Points for that to happen. This is already happening,as you can see if you look a little at the Market.

Now the End for QE2 is June 30th. My guess is,Stocks will fall slowly until that Date is reached,or the Fall could speed up on the Way. My guess is,that S&P 500 will reach 1000 Points shortly before or after QE2 Ends. After that,its going to go into free-fall,which would "Force" the FED to start QE3.

After that? Who knows...I doubt China will be happy with a QE3...Hyperinflation? Market Crash? You tell me...
edit on 11-6-2011 by Shenon because: spelling

edit on 11-6-2011 by Shenon because: spelling...again...me tired...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
What I have come to understand is this: there are numerous different types of wealthy and powerful people, and their interests do not all allign with one another, especially when the going gets rough. ATS likes to talk about TPTB and this is valid in certain contexts and to a certain degree. And the problem is increasingly complicated by factors like internationalization and corruption, both of which are on the rise.

But what people often forget on ATS is that wealh and power is usually at it's own throat. People whose bread and butter is competition and backstabbing dont take long to start sharpening knives and hatching schemez against one another. Even within families. Sometimes sex is used. There is some sick stuff out there. But the point is, don't presume cooperation and collusion when thing just as often happen chaotically. Unintended consequences of mutually antagonistic forces, unpleasant byproducts of greed and short-term thinking, stuff like that.
edit on 6/11/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SerialLurker
For me, the biggest sign was when the Australian dollar overtook the US dollar...

Yeah the Aussie Dollar was called the pacific Peso. What side of the Pacific is laughing now. Can you imagine if the Mexican Peso overtakes too !

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Standard operating procedure before you go bankrupt.......

Max out your credit.

Spend all of your cash.

Hoard your assets.

......claim bankruptcy.

Time to reset the banking system in America.

To bad that Europe and Asia are going to have to feel the pain with America. Every country in the world owes money to another country. Its an endless cycle.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

The market should decide who lives and dies in terms of corporate enterprise, not politicans. They have disrupted the balance and intended chaos that is capitalism.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have some friends who quite often have visions and dreams.....and quite often....they do come true......and they have been having the same vision...that being...that within one year...we are going to have terrible trouble in the stock market.....what are the specific details of this.....that they don't know.....but they strongly feel impending doom....20% of the time my friends are wrong...I hope this is one of them.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
As far as the wealthy most of them have jumped ship a long time ago?? Moved to different countries, or at least bought compounds there ready for them to go at a moments notice. I am also sure they have purchased enough gold etc to get them through whatever happens. They are ready for the collapse and know it's coming. They are way ready. So they really don't care if it happens as they will just leave!! It's the rest of us that live month to month that will be left to suffer the wrath. I am on board with some that wish it would end already. I am tired of just waiting for the inevitable. You can deal with what you know, it's the unknown that drives you crazy!!!!
I also, just this morning, wondered if the south had won the war would anything be different?? I am not saying it would be... I just had to wonder. Maybe wishful thinking????

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more Loam. I believe the crash is now inevitable, and nothing anyone can do anymore will prevent it. The longer we go before the final crash begins, the worse it will be when it does finally come. Given that I believe the end result here is inevitable, I think the faster we get to crashing in this economy, the better. I say that for a very simple reason. The faster it comes, the faster we get through the very dark and painful days we must endure at this point and thus, the quicker a rebuilding can commence. I'm pushing hard on 40yrs old myself with a 12yr old son and I've just learned, another 'bun' quite possibly in the oven. It's really important that I still be in good shape and able to help my family weather the nightmare we have coming straight at us.

No time like the present. Let's get to it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Wall Street is a self indulgent spoiled child.
Rarely stable and always manipulative it should be smothered with a pillow.

Lets quit speculation altogether and focus on our tangible assets and only those with real immediate value.

Let it crash.
Just get out of the way and hoard now.
Stand back and prepare yourself.

Only the rich can get killed in this.
The rest of us...well you can't take what you don't have.
Nothing from nothing leaves nothing.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The dollars backed by 330+ million souls.

Wallstreet will never go away. If it needs more souls to keep it going...they'll get more souls.

+1 million foreigners have been getting new US citizenship under oBAMa. We're taking over the WORLD.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Every indicator I watch, and I watch and integrate vastly more than most people do, has been heading south for months now. I had been giving the US perhaps 2-4 years before total collapse, but now the time frame seems to have shrunk to months. Six months to a year perhaps.

The weather changes are the primary drivers in my opinion: too many natural disasterss in too broad an area over too short a time frame. The infrastructure in the US has been neglected, patched, band-aided, but never fixed for three or four decades now, and can't be made up in time to save much.

The financial structures are just as bad, and new diseases are emerging due to climate change: there's been a huge increase in what they've been calling "food poisoning" over the past few months that represents a new unidentified bug, a new mrsa is in Irish cow's milk....the list keeps going on.

The heat wave assailing the east of the country will eventually break the power grid sometime this summer, and with a few million, hot, desperate, hungry, and pissed-off people will most likely result in extreme turmoil on many different levels.

The picture is as bleak as ever I've seen it. Things are spinning down fast, and the pace accelerates daily. This is what happens when sociopaths overload the top ranks of society: they don't, they can't, literally can't care what happens; their brains aren't wired for it, so don't expect any miraculous changes anytime soon, they will continue to play their delusional games til the end.

So what to do?

I offer an open invitation to compatible ATS'ers to form a new tribe in Southern California.

Let's pool resources and buy a piece of land with water and form a self-sufficient community.

My resources:

A huge library of real books: ~1700, covering every imaginable subject area.

A table saw, lots of camping gear, various hand tools, two truckloads of custom-built dirt, seed stock for medical grows, shovels, picks, and other gardening tools, plus the usuall accouterments of modern life.

I have 14 years experience in medical grows and more in general gardening, many and varied skillsets accumulated over an interesting lifetime.

My brother has a huge music library, and the substantial remains of a sports cards business, some extra wheelchairs (he's disabled, post-polio), crutches, etc.

Anyone interested U2U me and we can talk.
edit on 11-6-2011 by apacheman because: sp

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
IMHO The only thing left that would give Western governments any real control/power over the economy and the people is through the kind of emergency legislation enacted during major conflicts such as WW1 and 2..

Sadly enough, the market is controlled by "herd mentality", which it seems is going to escalate things even faster. It's not looking good.

Sadly too, is that the US government is going to try to enact "emergency" legislation. Bailout? Been there, done that.

I move for a vote of "no confidence". Any seconds?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I guess all that money they pumped into the system is finally running out what did u guys really expect?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm surprised this bear market bubble hasn't burst yet...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SerialLurker
For me, the biggest sign was when the Australian dollar overtook the US dollar...

And instead of taking advantage of a weak dollar Americans keep bickering back and forth.
But then again, the world doesn't exactly desire American cars, does it?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Economies rise and fall, just like Empires do. This too shall pass.

People doing things is the base of all 'money.' The cheesemaker can't get paid with a free set of radials every time he makes a new wheel of cheddar, so the cheesemaker and the tire guy agree to use this paper or that coin or that huge boulder instead.

Where that system gets manipulated is when some clever guy decides his time making cheese is worth more than your time making tires.

Cheese is highly regarded, and harder to make, after all. But why should tire guy be punished for providing just as useful a product as cheese man?

And then the whole village gets involved, arguing for the importance of their trade.

Pretty soon, some cheesemakers stop making cheese, and only argue the rights of the other cheesemakers.

It is much easier work, not as many steps, and you get your paper right up front. But before long, there are more arguers than cheesemakers.

That's where we are now.

Time to get back to doing, instead of arguing for or against those who do,

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

well the real question is how low could it go. im guessing it could be comfortable at 9000 at the high end. unless our dollar tanks, which could happen.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join