It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Signs That Wall Street Is About To Go Into Panic Mode

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

10 Signs That Wall Street Is About To Go Into Panic Mode

Can you smell the fear?

The following are 10 signs that Wall Street is about to go into panic mode....

#1 According to The New York Post, nearly all of the major Wall Street banks are planning huge layoffs....

#2 A new CNBC article claims that a "negative feedback loop" has "taken control" on Wall Street.

OPEC has announced that oil production levels will not be raised.

#4 QE2 will be wrapping up at the end of June, and many on Wall Street had been counting on yet another round of quantitative easing.

#5 Moody's recently warned that it may downgrade the debt ratings of Bank of America, Citigroup and Wells Fargo.

#6 Faith in the U.S. dollar continues to decline.

#7 U.S. consumer confidence is already lower than it was back in September 2008 when Lehman Brothers collapsed.

#8 A whole slew of bad economic news has been pouring in lately.

#9 A whole lot of folks in the financial industry have been warning about the next financial collapse lately.

#10 According to a new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll, 48% of Americans believe that it is either "very likely" or "somewhat likely" that the United States will experience a "depression" within the next 12 months.

More...

Anyone holding their breath?

A part of me just wishes they would get it over with...LET THE PATIENT DIE, already.

edit on 10-6-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'll be holding my breath for sure...things are looking grim...and guess what Obama? you can't just bail these bastards out again for doing the same crap that got them in these positions to start with...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
me thinks you missed a couple very important indicators.

1) the last 6 weeks, the markets have closed
down for the weekends.

2) 40 Wall Street Bankers have been
indicted for insider trading and more to follow.

3) Nobody can tell who to trust anymore

or did I miss those in your top ten list ??

And just as a heads up:
If Wall Street crashes,
so will the Fed Res AND
the US Dollar.

edit on 6/10/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Not my list, but yes, those too.

Not to mention the continuing economic ramifications of all of the global natural (and not so natural) disasters: Fukishima, drought, flooding, storm damage...etc...

A hell of a year.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Anyone that has been even slightly informed of the news would have to know that this was coming. Anyone at this point in the game that can say with a straight face that they honestly thought things were turning around is either living in a fantasy world, or they are straight up lying.
Things this article didn't mention, unemployment numbers continue to climb, China and other nations are cutting back on purchasing US debt, Libya and Yemen conflict/aid (depending on your view), and the Mexico drug war/border issue just to name a few.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Perhaps, a top 100 list would have been more appropriate.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
it's never been more appropriate.

Song of the South - Alabama

lyrics:
Somebody told us Wall Street fell
we were so poor, we couldn't tell

it seems we have lost our roots

edit on 6/10/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Let's not omit this little but important tidbit....

German Rating Agency Downgrades US Government Bonds: AAA to AA!

ETA this news as well, though we have discussed here on the forum...

China Official: It's Too Late, U.S. Already 'Defaulting'.
edit on 10-6-2011 by surrealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
don't want to bring up any bad vibes here
but just an exercise in political semantics:

I wonder if things would have turned out differently
if the South had won the war ????

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Heres an appropriate song....remember this one? Its the end of the world as we know, but i feel fine

seems more truthful but not as depressing at least. i wonder how it must feel at wallstreet, knowing you might be working for croked boss's, how the system really works, and now the same system and people are bascially making it so they too on wallstreet, wont have jobs either*
i said it many times here...actions speak louder than words* i hate when people say to me, dont blame obama, he walked into this mess* like they themselves are financial advisors ro accountants, which their not. neither am I , but it dosnt take a genious to understand action to save the economy should have started jsut before getting itno office..thats what i would have done. i would have cut off financial aid to Israel for starters. And cut spending programs on the pentagons agendas* we already have nuclear weapons, and a stealth fighter that is nearly invisible..at an astronomical cost just to operate..the same ones used in Iraq war F 117? i s it? i saw a documentary military channel few nights ago oni t..it eats gas up quick. so the technology as good as it is, consumes ltos of fuel.
Remember when obama put a cap on government jobs? it wa like if yuor making over $200,000 a year, thats all your allowed to make* in his eyes..wonder what happened to that? its like now he has gone completely 180 of his seeminly good intentions* a REAL MAN, or woman, in office would get down n dirty, clean house, have excellent connections, and instead of listening to 'advisors' make his/her own viable credited accoutnable decsision and set things forth in a postiive manner for all in this country, and the country itself. thats my view..kinda like maybe teddy roosevelt woould have done, or theadore roosevelt, or to an extent, JFK too. at least during the depression of the 30's, Theadore roosevelt got programs for those with building skills, to make damns, bridges, streets, things like that. Id o relaize today, thiers more to it than just laying mortar and cement...but still if jobs like that can are in fact, outsourced to foregin nations, as in lets say contracted to china for a lesser price..yuor gunna get what you pay for* why not use the same money, and train american taxpaying citizens to do it? keep it local, as they saying goes..as in AMERICAN MADE*
they dont do that. the education system here has been in freefall since, what? 1980's? and gets worse and worse and woarse every 4-5 years, when passing grade acceptances are lowered and lowered and lowered..kinda makes us stupid*ya know its embarrasing to the rest of the world.
who knows..maybe wallstreet will get so desperate, they will actually lok to the public consumers, to fillt he jobs those thier now cant fix* thats when yuo know its BAD out thier.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It just seems to me, the oney here in this country, was being spent on itself, amongs itself* which is good recuircualting it. now, tis all almost given overseas* what have they done to this country* wallstreet, congress, presidents, ect..oh and corporations

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Seeing as how the American Civil War was almost entirely about state's rights and the war itself essentially represents the day the US Constitution effectively began its slow bleedout, I say "Yeah, it would have turned out differently." May not have been "better", may not have been "worse", but it certainly would have reached a different end result.

Oh, and the list is missing the most important sign, IMO. We have witnessed a complete detatchment between Main Street & Wall Street since 2008. What's good for Wall Street kicks Main Street square in the nads whereas anything that seems robust to Main Street gets massive pushback from Wall Street. There's really only one easy conclusion to make to explain that division... a weakening US dollar combined with a Wall Street mostly made up of global coporations which value their companies in US dollars. Most of these companies have held essentially static or even slightly decreasing real stock values. What's been changing is the US dollar is globally depreciating so rapidly that anything pegged to the dollar appears to be in a boom period. Absolutely nothing else can explain the unholy trinity of Oil, Gold, and the DOW all posting massive simultaneous gains.

The main fly I think some of us see in the ointment is that the US may not fall alone. In fact, if the US falls it will absolutely take the EU and NATO down with it. Additionally, if the US falls to a degree in which a rogue power somehow takes over the Federal government, the entire world could go down... either with America's anchor chain tied around their necks or in a hailstorm of missiles.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Interesting thread here Loam, Who in the hell could not see this coming? Here in Canada it has been bad but our banks are more closely watched and it was just about 8 years ago the biggest ones wanted to merge.
In no uncertain terms they were told to go to hell and they came back saying you will be sorry for this.
Still things are bad here for jobs ( decent paying jobs) and taxes are sky high.
Next here is the smart meters for your home electricity .......Whooo Hooo we can't wait for the bills to show up!
The wife works for Exxon Mobile/ Imperial Oil here in Canada and the shares are dropping like no tomorrow right now.
Down over 10 bucks a share in the past week or so.
Also we live right on the Border with the USA and our Hotels and Bars and whatever is involved in Tourism here, they are all screaming because no Americans are spending money here.
S&F and here is a good little visual read......a bit cheeky but all in all its about right.

Link
www.trutv.com...

Regards, Iwinder

edit on 10-6-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Here is another Alabama .I have been listening to this lately and wasnt sure of the real meaning, Neil young is referring to .Any connection?
www.youtube.com...

Oh Alabama.
Can I see you
and shake your hand.
Make friends down in Alabama.
I'm from a new land
I come to you
and see all this ruin
What are you doing Alabama?
You got the rest of the union
to help you along
What's going wrong?
edit on 10-6-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Seriously? Notice how the poorest states are majority conservative?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

The main fly I think some of us see in the ointment is that the US may not fall alone. In fact, if the US falls it will absolutely take the EU and NATO down with it. Additionally, if the US falls to a degree in which a rogue power somehow takes over the Federal government, the entire world could go down... either with America's anchor chain tied around their necks or in a hailstorm of missiles.

I'm putting on my tin hat, but I certainly agree with this assessment. I believe it will cause a cascade of collapsing economies around the world and it will be beyond salvaging. Out of the rubble will be the emergence of the new world order with a new global currency and world governing bodies - financial and political with the powers to enforce rules over nation states. It will easily be justified and received on grounds that current nation states are able to destabilize the world economy by manipulating their currencies, as we are seeing. A catastrophic collapse will easily make such a monumental transition not only possible but palatable.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Seriously? Notice how the poorest states are majority conservative?
I have a different take on the civil war. When Lincoln freed the slaves capitalism was born. Now we're all slaves to the mighty dollar. The rich own everything including you and I. For the lower 50% income people in this country all we do is make other people money doing crappy jobs.

My cousin makes minimum wage $7.50 an hour. After he buys gas pays auto insurance and puts food on the table then he's broke. He spends all of his money just so he can make to work. In the end he just gives it all back. Basically he working for nothing.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
hey...at least the the top 5% got a 40 billion dollar a year tax break in december 10'....i'm so glad the republicans pushed that through...i was worried the wealthy might have to feel some of our pain.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Can we get some estimated guesses on what kind of a time frame we are looking at here?
Michael Ruppert gives it till July at the latest before we see total economic pandemonium...

Frankly it wouldn't surprise me.

Anyone care to take a guess?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
For me, the biggest sign was when the Australian dollar overtook the US dollar...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join