It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call for any and all info on Australian sites

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Bastet, the link you posted looks exactly like the link I posted.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Sorry about that, answerman, I couldn't get in via your link, but this could be cos I use Opera & not I'net Explorer.

Still, using the info you'd posted, I did a Google search & got there in the end it seems. Awesome info on that site BTW.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I don't use Explorer either. I prefer Netscape.

Yes, it is an excellent site and Rex Gilroy lives in Katoomba (site of the Three Sisters) in the Blue Mountains. He claims he's seen and found a lot of incredible things, some of which are mentioned in the americandownunder link posted above by jumpspace.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Forgot to add this: I read the americandownunder link regarding a 167 meter pyramid found 5 km underground near Perth!

Anyone else know of any more info relating to this?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by upuaut
Hey!

I'm really glad we have a group of folks from downunder vibing now! This has made my day

Excellent reference to the cultural icon "The Castle", upu.

It's the vibe of it.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Ok: I’ve been able to study some of these links in detail today: the Bradshaw Foundation has some VERY valuable information! Thank you Sanctum !

There is a fairly detailed account of a previous expedition into the region (Kimberleys): great stuff! The paintings are quite amazing. They are like nothing I have seen before. Very ‘different’: it’s the only word I can find. I suppose it should be expected: art from people who lived before the last ice age: it was a different chapter of humanity…

The Bradshaw Foundation supported an independent expedition into the region a couple of years ago. Perhaps I should approach them also. I will wait until I have more of my proverbial ‘# together’ however. They are more likely to be supportive if I already have a solid game plan and budget, and can show that I am investing a good amount of my own funds already.

I had a look at the Australian Anomalies sites and they have left me perplexed. It is very hard to make up ones mind from the array of claimed finds of Phoenician and Egyptian artifacts. I think it is one of those things I am going to have to go out in search of myself. If I can see such such petroglyphs or artifacts with my own eyes…
Its funny, I have always had the intuition that stories of UFO’s had a basis in truth, but I find the archaeological anomalies harder to trust… Perhaps the UFO question was able to gain credibility with me because of all the straight-faced and unassuming tales of experiences a broad sampling of people have offered me: the Egyptian anomalies are necessarily at a handicap in this respect because there seem to be far less findings then there are UFO sightings (understandably).
I get pissed off when I think about hoaxers. Getting at the truth would be such a more straight forward job without them!

BTW, this brings me to a little tradition I started at the beginning of this year. You know the way you often get to talking with an interesting fellow passenger on planes? Well once the conversation is flowing and something said pertains even remotely to UFOs, I simply ask the person without any excuse or disclaimer whether they have seen one before. I like to think of myself as a good BS detector, and of the two people I have done this with so far, both had a story to tell, and both appeared quite genuinely serious about it!
The first fellow said he watched some lights chase each other in crazy aerial antics in a gorge in New Zealand around dusk, for a good five minutes. He was a boating enthusiast and had been for decades, and so I had asked him if he had ever seen any UFO’s while out at sea. He answered no, but told me about the gorge experience.
The other person was a friendly young woman who works as an air hostess (but who was just a passenger on my flight). When I asked her, she said she had never seen a UFO, but that her father, who has been a commercial pilot for almost thirty years, had. She said he sighted a light on the horizon at night, and he and the co-pilot worriedly checked they were not on a collision course with another plane. Nothing showed up on the radar in front of them, so they radioed another flight in the vicinity and asked them if they could also see the light. The other flight confirmed they could see it too but had nothing on their radar. The light stayed on the horizon in front of them for a while, and then shot directly upwards and out of view.

Stay well everyone!

U.

[edit on 13-8-2004 by upuaut]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by answerman
Forgot to add this: I read the americandownunder link regarding a 167 meter pyramid found 5 km underground near Perth!

Anyone else know of any more info relating to this?

Sounds wacky! 5 kilometers beneath the ground is such a long way down! I'm not dismissing it out of hand, but do we dig that deep, even for oil? And if an oil foraging frill hit a pyramid that deep, how would we know it was a pyramid as opposed to any other kind of rocky formation...
Let me know if you find anything else about this...

U.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Originally posted by upuaut
Hey!

I'm really glad we have a group of folks from downunder vibing now! This has made my day

Excellent reference to the cultural icon "The Castle", upu.

It's the vibe of it.

Haha! Well believe it or not, I haven't seen The Castle ;0yet. Its on my list, but I haven't gotten around to it... I'm sure its a good 'larf'

U.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
A couple of weeks back I caught part of a documentary on the ABC (Australian Broadcast Commission - Channel 2 if you're in the country) which was on the Bradshaw paintings. I just went to their website and typed 'Bradshaw Paintings' int their search engine and came up with this page search.abc.net.au...

Check that out, there's a lot of links there! I don't know if they'll give you all the info you're after, though.

EDIT

Hmmmmmmmm........ I've just tried the link and it doesn't work. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong
I can't figure this out as I'm obviously doing it wrong. Let me try again.

ABC Link to Bradshaw Paintings

Fingers and toes crossed (all 11 of them!
)

[edit on 13-8-2004 by answerman]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
EUREKA!!! It works!!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

EUREKA!!! It works!!

Fantastic. I think you hit the proverbial 'mother lode'

I'll have some time to sift through it tomorrow I think !

Have a good weekend!

U.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   

A couple of weeks back I caught part of a documentary on the ABC (Australian Broadcast Commission - Channel 2 if you're in the country) which was on the Bradshaw paintings. I just went to their website and typed 'Bradshaw Paintings' int their search engine and came up with this page search.abc.net.au...

Check that out, there's a lot of links there! I don't know if they'll give you all the info you're after, though.

EDIT

Hmmmmmmmm........ I've just tried the link and it doesn't work. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong
I can't figure this out as I'm obviously doing it wrong. Let me try again.

ABC Link to Bradshaw Paintings

Fingers and toes crossed (all 11 of them!
)

[edit on 13-8-2004 by answerman]

There is a lot of good stuff there! I am reading up on dating techniques now: I've always wanted to understand the more recent techniques. The only one that has ever been explained to me is the carbon 14 method, and it turns out there are many others.
Thanks Answerman: very interesting stuff !

U.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
How's the research going? Do you have nay updates?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Gidday guys

Thank you for all the info, and links, which I'll explore tomorrow. (and I'm really looking forward to it - exciting).

I have a question:

Those orange balls in the sky.. are they "min min" lights, or something different?

And I have a pretty good link to add as well:

www.gaiaguys.net...

Catch yas soon.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I don't think they are min-min lights, but that's just my opinion. I have read reports where min-min lights are small, like a basketball and follow people or cars along roads. The orang lights that I've seen are quite large (larger than a Cessna 4 seater) and don't appear to follow people. They do seem to be doing their own thing and try to avoid people/planes.

I really don't know anymore than that.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

How's the research going? Do you have nay updates?

Hey!

No, busy over here! My house has had some serious leaks from the torrential rains we had last weekend, so I've been busy juggling damage control and work

But I'll be sure to post anything new as soon as I can devote some mental space again!

Stay well!

U.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hey all,

I had a little spare time this evening and happened upon a couple of very interesting sites.

One of them has nothing to do with Australia, but I thought I would include a link to it anyway as it really has some excellent information. It is the site of a man who has collected artwork (classified on the site as BC and AD) from throughout the ages, of UFOs. You will no doubt recognize some of the most famous pieces, but he has over 45 different ones, and some of them are very intriguing.

ufoartwork.com...

The other site has a bunch of Australian UFO lore, some of which I found very interesting. I find the author of the page stretches the parallels between Koori shamanic experience and modern abduction experiences, but that does not take away from the more interesting portions of the page.

www.project1947.com...

Enjoy! And please share your assessment of the material!

U.

[edit on 20-8-2004 by upuaut]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The front page of this site isn't very exciting at all so I've posted a random page, and you're bound to surf from there: ellisctaylor.homestead.com...

Fairly old but some valuable information from Australia: www.davidicke.net...

New site from an Australian "Pirate Radio" station (broadcast in Victoria) with fresh articles and info about listening to the radio show (Saturday nights): www.97zone.com...

www.2012.com.au... has heaps of stuff.

[edit on 20/8/04 by stoneskull]

[edit on 20/8/04 by stoneskull]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This is the biggest rock in the world, and it's not Uluru.

Mount Augustus, or Burringurrah as it is known by the local Wadjari Aboriginal people is one of the world's most spectacular peaks is 750 metres above the surrounding plain and is visible for more than 160 kilometres.

The rock itself, which culminates in a small peak on a plateau, is about eight kilometres long and covers an area of 4,795 hectares. At about twice the size of Ayres Rock it is the biggest rock in the world.

Interesting rock formations, caves and aboriginal art are found on many parts of the rock that have been untouched for thousands of years. The area also boasts abundance of wildflowers and numerous varieties of bird and wildlife, nearby cattle pool on the Lyons River which is over two kilometres long and well shaded making it a lovely area for fishing, swimming, canoeing and picnicking.

www.breakloose.com.au...

Now that's a BIG rock, lol
Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
This is the biggest rock in the world, and it's not Uluru.

Mount Augustus, or Burringurrah as it is known by the local Wadjari Aboriginal people is one of the world's most spectacular peaks is 750 metres above the surrounding plain and is visible for more than 160 kilometres.

The rock itself, which culminates in a small peak on a plateau, is about eight kilometres long and covers an area of 4,795 hectares. At about twice the size of Ayres Rock it is the biggest rock in the world.

Interesting rock formations, caves and aboriginal art are found on many parts of the rock that have been untouched for thousands of years. The area also boasts abundance of wildflowers and numerous varieties of bird and wildlife, nearby cattle pool on the Lyons River which is over two kilometres long and well shaded making it a lovely area for fishing, swimming, canoeing and picnicking.

www.breakloose.com.au...

Now that's a BIG rock, lol
Sanc'.

Nice one: sounds like the view is worth while if its jutting out of a plain like that. The summit walk sounds great too. I've jotted it down on the list of destinations! Thanks.

I just wanted to thank all of you: this thread is really great and a source of valuable inspiration for my journey.

I'll keep coming back here, and I guess this is as good a place as any to keep you informed on the trip once it starts in 2006. I'll keep you posted on the preparations too

I've started the process of contacting UFO and phenomenon research groups in Australia so as to stay on top of the latest breaking regional news. I hope they will get back to me...

Stay well,

U

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join