It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so confused as to what really is the oldest civilisation found???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I've done a bit of research in ancient civilisations but I'm just more confused.
There are too many different finds that claim to be older than what we are told is the oldest civilisation.I'mlost and need help from some of the great minds on this site please no theories I just want to know what finds are real and suggest we are thousands of years older than we think but have been hidden cleverly by TPTB.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
humansarefree.com...This might be it.
edit on 10-6-2011 by tetsuoatx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncertain1

if WE humans as we are today, are older then the "Official" story of history is not quite decided for me.

But civilizations Older then they write in the history books i'm sure of, way too much "evidence" for that.

It could be anything from Giants, aliens, or maybe an intelligent form of species we would call animal(like) and also humans of course, but I don't know.

There could be a lot of proof right under our noses. I don't rule out that dating of some known historical sites, buildings or other finds are totally, and i mean real totally off. It would not surprise me if some of the known structures are found to be thousands or tens of thousands years older then assumed.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If it is the oldest living civilized culture your looking for it would have to go to the Aboriginal Natives of Australia...it was disputed however, if they were civilized. There is a difference between Aboriginal and indigenous people...so I think the Aborigines are the oldest living culture anyway. Who comes before that is a good question!

Speaking of which...I had the opportunity to watch this fellow lecture at our college as he was traveling the U.S. to promote the awareness of the Wardaman people...very fascinating!

Bill Harney
edit on 10-6-2011 by jerryznv because: add link..

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
dude theres a z in civilization

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncertain1

Do some digging into a place called "Earth Base One".. Somewhere high in the Andes, I think, and the area has structures and what not that apparently are at such high altitudes that even breathing is difficult, let alone trying to grow food up there or transport materials.. Although I'll say I've only brushed by this information, haven't researched it much...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyson45

And troll is spelled t-y-s-o-n-4-5.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I believe the member is from the UK - Queen's English you know!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Civilization or Civilisation spelling is accepted either way but the point is one of the greatest and oldest findes ever has been kept from us right before our eyes. ^Y^

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
ya civilisation works when your talking about the 1969 western tv show "civilisation" but i think the majority of us know how to spell civilization. what ats members cant handle a little criticism? quit talkin bout me and talk about the subject.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Dude the guy is from England - they use S instead of Z quite frequently.

Edit to add my bad I see you have already been "schooled" ~
edit on 10-6-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
its either EGYPT or SUMERIA.....i rekon its egypt

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Egypt isn't old enough neither were the predecessors. I'm pretty sure you would have to look at the definition of "civilization" as recent cave / underground structures have shown that intelligence as culture could be hundred thousand years prior to Christ. But just an depth Google search should be easy enough. Skeptical analysis is great and ur better judgements will lead you to a more correct possibility. I don't think we will truly know until corruption of info stops.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Americans - will they ever learn?

ya civilisation works when your talking about the 1969 western tv show "civilisation" but i think the majority of us know how to spell civilization. what ats members cant handle a little criticism? quit talkin bout me and talk about the subject.

As 'the majority of us' except, it seems, Americans know, most other western countries use "S" instead of "Z". Stop trying to be a smartass and pick up a book that's not about America for once.

edit on 11/6/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonyinawareness
cave / underground structures have shown that intelligence as culture could be hundred thousand years prior to Christ..

hundred thousand years??? these random numbers make me laugh...

we have NO EVIDENCE of cultures older than egypts pre dynastic era.

yes there are caves....yes they are as old as the earth,,,but the ones you mention were forged recently....this is the same issue some have with the sphinx...some think its 10,000 yrs old...what i say is...the rock is as old as earth, but it was carved recently...

show me evidence... that is not geological....of cultures living in these caves 100,000 yra ago.....i know there isnt any..except for egypt and sumeria...which is about 6,000 yrs old.

all this crap claiming very old civilisations, is bigger than you think...its not based on hard eveidence...look:

claim humans were on earth pre 10,500 bc
claim there was a flood
claim that there were gods on earth pre flood.
claim god wiped them away with flood.
claim they lived on as demi-gods (story of noah and son Ham...became pheonicians/canaanites)
claim that rulers on earth are related to these demi-gods/ full gods.
which will then give you THE DIVINE RIGHT TO RULE EARTH.

its all ancient religous politics, that allows a small sect to rule the earth...its the same story used in 4th/5th dynasty egypt...the rise of the sun worshippers...

peace

edit on 11-6-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

national geopraphic just his month revealed a civilization much older than that, it's more or less is the dawn of the neolithic era

external link to article

The assemblage was built some 11,600 years ago, seven millennia before the Great Pyramid of Giza. It contains the oldest known temple. Indeed, Göbekli Tepe is the oldest known example of monumental architecture—the first structure human beings put together that was bigger and more complicated than a hut. When these pillars were erected, so far as we know, nothing of comparable scale existed in the world.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The first thing to do is define what is civilisation? - see also wikipedia

Most historians still regard Sumer as the first civilisation. However, established cultures certainly existed long before then.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

yea national geographic has lost all credibilty with me...

i brought a book written by them last month called the holy land....pure zionistic rhetoric...actually more like GNOSTIC religion.

they claim that all three religions are abrahamic...no... islam is not abrahamic....they claim solimans temple stood where the dome of the rock is....it goes on and on...

national geographics ancient "accounts" are very religious and not based on hard facts....its like they are trying there darndest to prove the gnostic gospels.../kabbal/ ancient egyptian covavent preist rhetoric.

google the gnostic religion and do 2 minutes of reading...then you will see alot of what is happening around you, and the reason why they attempt to prove the unprovable
edit on 11-6-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

ok, ignore the magazine. here's some other research on the site. it is remarkable, 7,000 years before Giza !!!

smithsonian

archeology.org

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
they claim that all three religions are abrahamic...no... islam is not abrahamic

Actually, it is. An Abrahamic religion is one that uses what Christians call the Old Testament as one of its holiest books. And the OT is a holy book for the Muslims -- or, more specifically, the Pentateuch and the Psalms of David (see this link for details). Remember that the story of Ishmael from the Bible is the story of the founding of their people and their faith.

While I agree that National Geographic's reporting sometimes leaves a LOT to be desired, they are right about that issue.

It's really hard to say which is the oldest, because people didn't wake up one morning and say "Hey, let's grab a couple thousand of our friends and build a city!" We see permanent settlements all over Europe and the Americas and Africa and Asia and the Middle East begin about the time that the effects of the last Ice Age ended. The world was warmer and a bit dryer and people had incentive to settle down and learn to farm and learn to live in small groups.

Gobekli Tepe is (so far) the world's oldest worship site. But, remember, there are digs going on all over the world, including some underwater digs on places that were flooded (slowly. Very slowly) after the end of the last ice age. Something could turn up there someday.

At least, anthropologists and archaeologists HOPE so... because it would be very, very cool!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join