It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever personally used your cell phone on a flight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
over 8,000 feet altitude the reason I ask is that many have said it can't be done, since a lot of people here travel I'm assuming you might have tried. The reason I ask is that the calls made from the 911 flights are said to be bogus due to this fact of no cell phone being able to be used over 8,000 feet altitude. So if you have ever made a call using your cell phone on a flight that has you over 8,000 feet altitude please respond.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The phones used on the planes are part of the plane and provided by the airline via Airphone.. they ususally are in the seat back in front of you .. You must swipe a credit card or Phone Calling Card through a slot in the phone before using the phone.. and yes I have used them many times while above 20,000 feet.

Gazz

[edit on 7-8-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I know about those phones and yes thats very possible and would make more sense. But they would leave a paper trail so why with all the controversy about the cell phone calls has no one come forward and shown the bills proving the calls were made from those types of phones. Everyone just says the calls were made on regular cell phones, also if they were, would there not be bills for that? Why have we not seen stories like, family of 911 victim receives 90.00 bill for victims last cell phone call home from the 911 flight? You know the press eats that stuff up.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm still looking for those high altitude cell phone users here or evidence of a paper trail from the 911 calls. Anybody, opinions?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So are you saying all these people that called home crying and saying goodbye to their loved ones never called from a plane?

...Maybe they were kidnapped before getting on the plane...
..Maybe the government got all these people to fake their deaths..
.Maybe the NWO carried the plane with a UFO they got from the reptillians

..Is that seriously what you think?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Also, if you read the 9/11 Commission report you'll clearly see it says nowhere in it they used cell phones.

a257.g.akamaitech.net...

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I flew out of Toronto June 6 1991 to Vancouver I had with me my cell phone I use Bell mobility service, and as we were flying over the Burlington, Hamilton (Ontario Canada) the area were I live, I tried to call home just to say, guess what I’m over top of the city, instead I got no service, it went to roam, Burlington and Hamilton are 35 to 40 minuets from west of Toronto,

[edit on 7-8-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Um... Atleast one of the terrorist in the 9/11 Commission report they said boarded flight 175 is still alive.

Mohand Al Shehri.

News paper reports also confirm 6 other terrorists who were said to be onboard the flights are alive. Some of them have been arrested, questioned and let go.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DetectivePerez
Um... Atleast one of the terrorist in the 9/11 Commission report they said boarded flight 175 is still alive.

Mohand Al Shehri.

News paper reports also confirm 6 other terrorists who were said to be onboard the flights are alive. Some of them have been arrested, questioned and let go.

I would really be interested in any factual sources that you have to back up such a wild bull# statement.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
hmmmm..i think somebody needs to read a bit more about 911...the use of the cell phones is well documented....at least the alledged use .....look here for some phone info and then ponder this.....there are toooooooooo many ?'s about the physical fact of what happened that will never be addressed by 'the govt'.......911 is the biggest, most out in the open, violent scam ever succsesfully pulled off,..ever.
the most relevant question is not why would the govt have a hand in this but, why can't you believe that the govt would have a hand in this????? it will go down has one of the 'great' turning points in AMERICAN life.........

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I believe this Report says it all.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Christ, do you guys read any facts unless its pinned onto some conspiracy site? Read the damn 9/11 commission report, NO WHERE in there does it mention the used of cell phones. It makes several mention of plane terminal phones in the back of the jet. READ PEOPLE

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
could not connect as the phone was searching for a cell site at hogh altitude but on low altitude it worked

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
There's an ATS Research project happening right now on all things 9/11, and although it's only in its early stages, there are some excellent links posted there. I wish that they had more volunteers in the beginning, because some have been forced to drop out due to work & other commitments.

Regarding the cellphone discussion here, it does seem rather unlikely that this type of call could have taken place at that time.And one alleged call - which I think was allegedly made from, was it an aeroplane toilet [correct me if I'm wrong], seems particularly unlikely. Also the fact that some of the alleged callers were at pains to state clearly their names & identitioes etc.

I always found it rather odd [though this may be a minor point] that the call made by the Attorney-General's wife from an aeroplane phone [not a cellphone] had difficulty in being placed due to the fact that the lady concerned did not have a [required] credit card in her possession.

Just my uninformed opinions here, and I'm really looking forward to the findings of the ATS research project on this subject.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
rwsdakota, you might want to read the report yourself.

“Shortly thereafter, the passengers and flight crew began a series of calls from GTE airphones and cellular phones.” Chapter 1 page 12 of The 9-11 commission report.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwsdakota
Christ, do you guys read any facts unless its pinned onto some conspiracy site? Read the damn 9/11 commission report, NO WHERE in there does it mention the used of cell phones. It makes several mention of plane terminal phones in the back of the jet. READ PEOPLE

actually, if you look about half way down on page 12 on this link

a257.g.akamaitech.net...

You will notice that it says

Shortly thereafter, the passengers and flight crew began a series of calls from GTE airphones and cellular phones.

Although, some of the passengers could have has "sattelite" cell phones which work off of sattelite, rather than cell towers.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose Have you ever personally used your cell phone on a flight over 8,000 feet altitude
Yes. Both a digital cell phone (recently) and an old Palm Wireless at cruising altitude. Wired magazine also recently published an article on this about three months ago. I believe over 2/3 of the attempted calls at cruising altitude went through just fine.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
From 9-11 report [page 12]:
"Shortly thereafter,the passengers and flight crew [of flight 93] began a series of calls from
GTE airphones and cellular phones."

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Has there ever been any documentation of paperwork coming thorugh showing the bills for the calls? You know somebody has to have received bills for those calls. Where are the bills?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, I've often turned on my cellphone while inflight, just to see if there is any signal strength. Yes, sometimes I did have enough signal strength to place a call. That was prior to 9/11 and about as scientific as I got. I don't do it anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join