It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Aztec Statue: Xipe Totec

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
S&F for this one Slayer. I have to agree with BlackOops, Sonnny & Mustard, in that the item on Xipe's chest does indeed look like a DNA strand. What I also observed is that the 2 symbols above his "junk", as one poster put it, are the fallopian tubes of a woman (top) and the vas deferens (seminal tubes) of a man (below)

This is sort of related....

I found and saved this image of an Olmec figurine found in Mexico a couple of years ago. The Olmec predate the Aztec and Mayans. I still don't know what to make of it
I found it on a site that was auctioning off Olmec relics and had no other information regarding it's history or what it supposedly represented...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8aa80aa47bd5.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bec6666e2f9f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69ed66f84d87.jpg[/atsimg]

Found that image on www.antiques.com... Evocative of some artifacts recovered from Ica, Acambaro and Malta. There's been speculation that the sculptures were used as teaching tools for physicians, but I think it was more of a short hand to record events. I lucked out and was able to obtain a signed copy of Cabrera's book a couple of years ago and some of Misfud's work is available online. Cabrera thought the medical processes reflected in the stones were benevolent and the stones were meant to enshrine knowledge used for the good of the human species. I envision prehistoric ancestors with first hand experience of what was being done recording current events in a permanent medium (stone) leaving a warning. BTW, Cabrera has some interesting theories on engineered genetics which don't seem so far fetched in the context of fetal stem cell research and current problems with engineered bio forms. Great thread.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by k3d59

I checked out that site, and it was great. All I knew about the Olmecs where the massive stone heads and them essentially being written out of history. I know they predated the Aztecs and the Mayans and whatnot. I have to tell you something though, and this will sound crazy real crazy. But I think the Olmecs must have been truly advanced.

www.antiques.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Along with "all the feet", I also noticed an extra mouth.

Maybe this was supposed to represent some sort of "inner self"?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

That isnt that unusual. Many other statues/figurines of that god show what appears to be a double mouth. It's the outer layer of skin.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
wrong thread

edit on 18-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yuk, one place I'm not going in my time machine when I get it is to visit the Aztecs.... I think I'd rather go back to Whitechapel in the Autumn of 1888 than head to South America in the 14th and 15th centuries

Fascinating thread again Slayer and I agree that the feet in particular don't appear to be human, someone mentioned Orang-utan and they do look more Orang than Chimp or Gorilla, I don't see why it cant be an extinct ape of some description....

Several people have mentioned Alligators but Alligators have four toes on the hind feet not five and also there is a distinct lack of webbing so I think Alligator can be crossed of the list.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Yeah I'd rather visit the pre-Mayan cultures/civilizations myself like the Olmec and Toltec etc.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Great thread Slayer. This is definitely something worth looking into.

I got a strange feeling looking at the statue. Particularly the face, which is uniquely humane, yet looks extra-terrestrial. It was almost like I got a "bad vibe" looking at it, as if it was expressing deep pain or suffering. Did anyone else pick up on that?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
It looks like some sort of reptilian is coming out from inside him. Really strange statue, if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mjleonid12

It struck me as odd as well the first time I saw it.
Very bizarre interests they had.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Your thoughts?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dfcf23f1a097.jpg[/atsimg]

If that really is supposed to be a "double helix" on the chest, I have to say it is incredibly poorly executed compared to the fine attention to detail on the rest of the statue. This leads me to believe it is an accurate representation of some sort of cinch across the chest.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8aa80aa47bd5.jpg[/atsimg]

....uhhhhh.....

I like the "dead baby in platypus skin" theory.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8abaf6e6d499.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm sorry for being slow on this one....but what's weird here? I mean, compared to the dead platypus sperm baby, this seems as normal as a bust of Churchill. Probably I just don't know enough to know what to look for tho.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Hi Slayer, gotta chime in here, if you look at your originally posted picture the skin suit looks too large, but if you focus on the areas where the arms and legs protrude, it looks as though the skin has stretched, consider this, if it were human skin, lets say they left the finger and toe bones intact inside the skin, when the skin was put on and had to stretch around a persons arm or leg, two things would happen. First, the bones inside the skin of the hands and toes would push against the wearers arms and legs, and cause the appendages to stand out. Second, if the skin was partially dried, or was from a smaller person than the wearer, it would stretch in odd places, such as between the thumb, and finger areas causing the thumb to pull back and away from the fingers. same way with the toes. Yo can also see in the pictures particularly around the ankle area of the skin suit, it looks as though the skin is wrinkled in places it shoudl not be.
So what do ya think?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I can't figure out the purpose of the apparatus around the waist
clearly there is an alligator skin on the very bottom underneath the human skin

I don't think women were sacrificed in rituals for Xipe Totec

as an aside we made Xipe the patron god of our Tattoo Shop

get it skins /tattoos? oh the irony

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join