It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Aztec Statue: Xipe Totec

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
The "DNA string" could also be how they tighten the skin around the body, by twisting it until it is a tight fit.

Although i kind of agree that it somehow symbolically depicts transition from "lesser or other" life form to man.

True, but most of the other representation of him show the "Skin" tied together in the back.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/318dfcf61684.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Fascinating it is.

I still take in consideration that the dating of those civilizations could be wrong, take in mind also all other "strange" demons, faces etc in the middle and south America's. Those guys had some wild imagination.. or a very interesting environment.

There could be a primate unknown to use they used. Extinct or even still around.. Some of those jungles still have surprises and are not explored much besides along the coast and rivers.

And about the reptilians link, claws / hands if there was / is a humanoid reptilian like species , they could have hand-like features..

A croq claw is not sophisticated enough, but resembles there is.

edit on 10-6-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
He has aardvark feet. =)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
S&F for this one Slayer. I have to agree with BlackOops, Sonnny & Mustard, in that the item on Xipe's chest does indeed look like a DNA strand. What I also observed is that the 2 symbols above his "junk", as one poster put it, are the fallopian tubes of a woman (top) and the vas deferens (seminal tubes) of a man (below)

This is sort of related....

I found and saved this image of an Olmec figurine found in Mexico a couple of years ago. The Olmec predate the Aztec and Mayans. I still don't know what to make of it
I found it on a site that was auctioning off Olmec relics and had no other information regarding it's history or what it supposedly represented...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8aa80aa47bd5.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bec6666e2f9f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69ed66f84d87.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I figured out what his "junk" is!

I knew I had seen it somewhere before!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Well obviously that is a baby wearing a dead platypus.............

But seriously, I have no idea what that is suppose to be. I am busy reading up on all kind of bizarre rituals from that era. Oh Xipe Totec was related to fertility rituals....apparently.

Peace
edit on 10-6-2011 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2011 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by EartOccupant

I thought about a reptilian angle [As in a Alligator or Croc not Alien] but it also has hands. So that takes us back to some sort of primate.

edit on 10-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

I believe you were originally on the right track when you said reptilian. Look at the ridges on the hands and feet above the other hands and feet they look like reptillian to me. Suppose the so called God in order to appear human as to not scare the Aztec population wore this so called costume to cover up his or her reptillian presence. Although this statue is scary enough to look at thank how scary the Reptillian being or so called God would look like to the Astecs if he or she was not covered up in a some what humanoid image. ^Y^

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

Problem with that is that it seems the "reptilian" features are on the "dress" skin, with the human features underneath. That would make it opposite of the disguised reptilian.

Unless of-course it is a very smart reptilian counter psy op.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

you know than man has a long history of wearing animal skins native ameircans the vikings and so forth.

nothing new but is rather disturbing.

mayan and aztec tho those people who ate the hearts of their sacrifices its hard to tell if that is indeed a primate.

it is as disturbing as the dude in con air who made a human face and drove around in it til he got caught

or the texas chainsaw massacres.

as to the hands and feet what about aligators or crocodiles?

edit on 10-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You know an alligator or Croc are possibilities.
I thought it was interesting.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

they make sense but the articles all say human skin or "flayed" human skin.

when clearly that statue shows animalistic traits.

i honestly dont know what to make of it other than just being sick.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Every other thing I find from mesoamerican Indians seems bizarre

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

bizzarro eye for the bizzaro guy

wonder if that was one of the reason of their collapse of civilaztion apart from the europeans.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ok, the item inside the belly of the baby looks suspiciously like a spermatozoa. Seeing as how they obviously knew about human anatomy, do you think perhaps they were artificially inseminating animals with human sperm? Is that why they were making statues of humans inside of animals? Should we even go there?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Think I'm kidding?

Check this dude out another weird Olmec statue

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8abaf6e6d499.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

if you compare mesoameircan idols to idols from the rest of the world i think it shows just how disturbing they actually were back then.

and i agree.

one of the reasons i like ancient egypt was their statues and idols granted beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

and i am sure there are some in egyptian history.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Wow !! May be nothing, but the Egyptian God Thoth was sometimes depicted as a baboon, but there are no baboons native to Egypt. I wonder if this is more evidence of their communication ?? Very cool find !!!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
very interesting find slayer!

this is my first time seeing this figure. the whole sacrificial skin aspect is rather astounding. S&F just for the new material!

It is unfortunate that so much of the south american culture was destroyed. Although I like to hope their is still a few untouched gems waiting to be discovered, in terms of books or codices from these cultures.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Slayer
I look at the feet of this, WTF? Any way I can't help but think maybe the idea of evolution is older than we think. Is it so absurd to think someone before Darwin might have entertained the notion? Baah ! Just me thoughts
Not even half up this outlandish representation of, WTF?

Disturbed too
Stop trying to figure out his junk.

Slayer
I give you this golden necklace from So America. Thousands of years old by my understanding and depicting what can be described as a Gigantopithicus.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5a0e3259e5c.jpg[/atsimg]

Some of the info.
San Agustín Culture 2.6 x 1.7 cm San José de Isnos, Huila. 100 A.D. to 800 A.D. Made of gold it's difficult not to interpret this piece as anything but a representation of an immodest "wildman", yeti or sasquatch

SnF

edit on 10-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Why would a South American deity be depicted wearing a "Buffalo Bill" ape suit? What species of great ape would these people be familiar with? It looks like a Mountain gorilla, almost 100%.

Very intriguing find, Slayer. You have my interest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join