It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian army helicopters open fire on protesters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Syrian army helicopters open fire on protesters

www.haaretz.com

Syrian helicopter gunships fired machineguns to disperse a large pro-democracy protest in the town of Maarat al-Numaan on Friday, witnesses said, in the first reported use of air power to quell protests in Syria's uprising.

Ban has urged Assad to end what he called "violent repression" and human rights abuses by Syrian forces, who rights groups say have killed over 1,100 civilians since March in their revolt to press demands for more political freedoms and an end to corruption and poverty.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
its happening there also and for a good reason. Syria appeares increasingly headed towards civil war, experts say, as continuing clashes between protestors and President Bashar Assad's forces reportedly left at least 28 people dead Friday.

Syrian forces shelled a town in the country's restive north and opened fire on scattered protests nationwide, killing at least 32 people on Friday, activists said. Hundreds of Syrians streamed across the border into Turkey, trying to escape the violence.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Iran, then Egypt, Yemen and Syria. Lots of changes going down in the middle east, is the CIA supporting these rebels and protesters?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I really wonder how trustful your source is since Reuters is a front for the Rothschild coming from a Israeli source, which is like the NYT is a front for the Rockefeller and both the BBC and NPR are a front for the elites. I even remember hear propaganda from NPR promoting lies. This could be false too, but maybe not, who knows except for those on the ground. This could be manufacture news report.
edit on 10-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
1100 civilians really? thats surely getting on for genocide. why is this not on the news?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by originunknown
1100 civilians really? thats surely getting on for genocide. why is this not on the news?

Because the source is an Israeli website. This guy posts Israeli propaganda on a weekly basis.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
All western media keen to point out deaths IN syria not on bahrain COWARDS typical of the west and its double standards makes me sick

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Syria, Libya, and Yemen. What is it that these three countries have in common? They each have oppressive governments. They are each in a state of apparent revolution with protests occurring regularly. And the aforementioned oppressive governments have a penchant for suppressing these protesters through the use of violence.

So I'm curious as to why Libya managed to draw the lucky numbers in the United State's liberation lottery, and managed to win billions being spent on airstrikes meant to help Libyan rebels bring down their oppressive government, while Syria and Yemen are left to fend for themselves.
edit on 10-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

So I'm curious as to why Libya managed to draw the lucky numbers in the United State's liberation lottery, and managed to win billions being spent on airstrikes meant to help Libyan rebels bring down their oppressive government, while Syria and Yemen are left to fend for themselves.

In Yemen West supports government. Not rebels. And Syria is not going to be attacked for several reasons -
A) Russian federation defends it in UN and they have right of veto.
B) After Qaddafi falls ,new group can give good contracts to firms form countries that helped them to power. Lybia is relatively rich in resources. Syria is poor so there will be no financial gain.
C) Assad represents a local minority that is not fundamentalistic. If he falls, new government will be under heavy influence from fanatical groups.

So Assad can kill thousand people and he gets economical sunctions only, and Qaddafi cannot. Big politics remind me of piranha pond.
As for people who do not think that Syrian army is attacking civilians - why Turkey gets thousands of refugees from Syria? All Syrians listen to Israeli propaganda and cannot see lack of armed man, tanks and choppers in the streets?
And by the way, what goes on in Bahrain? I did not hear anything.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Really? Because there are, as with Libya, plenty of independant accounts being published on the web describing what is going on and I am sure the thousands of people fleeing into Turkey are only doing so for a holiday?

This whole media control/NWO/Rothschild thing might wash on small scale news, but you seem to give them far to much credit (and power) by suggesting that they could stage fake revoltuions in several countries without being found out.

Really? I mean... Really?

It's posts like this that seem to give credit and legitimacy to regimes like Assads or Gaddafi, who are and always have been brutal dictators.
edit on 10/6/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist

Because Libya were the first to start shooting and they don't have any friends on the UNSC, whereas Syria does. They are being protected by the Russians and, to a lesser extent, the Chinese. The UK and France have had to water down a UNSC Resolution criticising the actions in Syria just get it passed, there is little to no chance of getting Russia to let them roll over Syria, which they would if it weren't for the Russian Veto.

Yemen is quite a different story and, for the most part, the "rebels" have the upper hand and it is the Government getting hammered. No need to intervene, not yet anyway.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

So basically what you're telling me is that the US has little concern for helping out against civilian deaths, and is actually more concerned about US interests and benefits that can be gained from aiding Libya? That's more or less what I thought, too.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yeah sure they did..

There's a chess game going on where taking out pawns & kings requires justification.. peppering the propaganda battlefield to keep the plebs pacified enough to keep dronefully making widgets.. to pay bills & taxes that pay the players.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Don't like Israeli media? How about Al-Jazeera?

english.aljazeera.net...

Anyway...we all know DEBKA kinda sux when they are predicting stuff.

HOWEVER, the next article states that Turkey decided to send troops in Syria :

www.debka.com...

Even if only for this (quotes from the DEBKA article) :

"The Turkish expeditionary force in Syria will have three missions:

1. To stem the swelling stream of Syrian refugees fleeing massacre at the hands of government forces. Ankara has accepted over 3,000 refugees from Jisr al-Shughour who are desperate to escape certain slaughter; it is not prepared to take on tens or possible hundreds of thousands of Syrians fleeing from larger towns like Idlib, Maarat al-Numaana and the Kurdish regions abutting the Turkish border.
2. To mark out a military zone on the Syrian side of the border where the Red Crescent will set up camps for Syrian refugees to shelter under Turkish army protection;
3. Next week, the Turkish army will establish a military buffer zone in the Kurdish region of northern Syria near its main town, Qamishli."

I do not think Turkey can afford a Kurd large-scale uprising in Syria, just because the turkish Kurds might do the same.Also, Turkey don't want a large number of refugees unacounted and unverified to enter their country.

So, even if preventively sending their troops (if the info from DEBKA is real, they say the decision was taken friday night) we will see this confirmed or not tomorrow.
Turkey STILL IS a NATO member, and whatever reason to send troops into another country is and will be seen as a NATO intervention.

And whoever thinks Syria won't be next Lybia is living in la-la land.Syria will be next.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Recollector because: quotes

edit on 10-6-2011 by Recollector because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2011 by Recollector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Oh, and btw, about helicopters shooting at protesters...UN didn't took any measure BEFORE the helicopters started to shoot at protesters in Lybia.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Really? Because there are, as with Libya, plenty of independant accounts being published on the web describing what is going on and I am sure the thousands of people fleeing into Turkey are only doing so for a holiday?

This whole media control/NWO/Rothschild thing might wash on small scale news, but you seem to give them far to much credit (and power) by suggesting that they could stage fake revoltuions in several countries without being found out.

Really? I mean... Really?

It's posts like this that seem to give credit and legitimacy to regimes like Assads or Gaddafi, who are and always have been brutal dictators.
edit on 10/6/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

Ever hear of the Gulf of Tonkin?.. millions were killed & maimed based on shadowy overlord manipulation of reality.. you think they just stopped?.. lol.. felt bad about it and caught a case of virtue?.. Iraq & Afghanistan are based on govt polished turds carried by the main stream media.

But this time.. no really, this time!!.. the bad crazy dictator man story is true!!..lmao.. more violence is the only solution.. it's worked out so well in Afghanistan & Iraq.

"“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” Joseph Goebbels, Reich Minister of Propaganda

"“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” -- Reichsmarschall Goering

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

its on al jazeera and every other news source. grow up already...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
Syria, Libya, and Yemen. What is it that these three countries have in common? They each have oppressive governments. They are each in a state of apparent revolution with protests occurring regularly. And the aforementioned oppressive governments have a penchant for suppressing these protesters through the use of violence.

What every other country in the Middle-Eastern war is about; black gold!

Syrian oil production has been about 530,000 barrels per day. Although its oil reserves are small compared to those of many other Arab states, Syria's petroleum industry accounts for a majority of the country's export income

Oil reserves in Libya are the largest in Africa and the ninth largest in the world with 41.5 billion barrels (6.60×109 m3) as of 2007. Oil production was 1.8 million barrels per day (290×103 m3/d) as of 2006, giving Libya 63 years of reserves at current production rates if no new reserves were to be found. Libya is considered a highly attractive oil area due to its low cost of oil production (as low as $1 per barrel at some fields)

Income from oil production constitutes 70 to 75 percent of government revenue and about 90 percent of exports. Yemen contains proven crude oil reserves of more than 4 billion barrels (640,000,000 m3)

I assume the CIA is hard at work orchestrating all these uprisings in the Middle-East

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN
I really wonder how trustful your source is since Reuters is a front for the Rothschild coming from a Israeli source, which is like the NYT is a front for the Rockefeller and both the BBC and NPR are a front for the elites. I even remember hear propaganda from NPR promoting lies. This could be false too, but maybe not, who knows except for those on the ground. This could be manufacture news report.
edit on 10-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

So if we can't trust ANY news outlet who have witnesses on the ground reporting in.......how are we supposed to know what goes on in the world?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join