It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Sends Internal Memo ~ Family/Personal Preparedness Plan Dated Today June 10 ~ What The ?!?!?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

it got that "calm before the storm" feeling, and why indeed is NASA sending out this message ? and why now.

The whole thing about that thing they call Elenin could be the reason.. perhaps earths gravity is going to make it hit us.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Well getting a bug out bag ready and setting up a family assistance fund ain't gonna do squat against an impact from an ELE.

Besides, the majority of NASA employees are regular people like you and me, why would they forewarn the cleaners and caterers?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Oh snap i never thought anything of it but last week the box plant i work at gave out packets regarding emergency prepardness. Maybe my box plant knows something we dont

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Nice, thanks to bring it up Signals.

Here is the vid.

He said even people off this planet ? What the heck is that supposed to mean? Strange choice of words.

s&f

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This is just typical government implementing a protocol. They are covering their own asses so they implement new ways to spend tax money. It means zilch!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
its code for get ready to go to the ARK.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Astronauts.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by OnlyLove

Or it could be because it's hurricane season.

edit on 6/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Seriously. Just because there's been a succession of NATURAL disasters and then NASA sends out a disaster preparedness note doesn't mean they know something. All it means is that they're thinking "hey look at all these disasters happening lately, we should probably send out a note to all of our employees for obvious reasons"

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Why are we getting this message from NASA? My first thought was this:
NASA just recently had a lot of "apparent" importance taken away from it when its "primary mission" was changed by the current administration. This is their way of re-asserting some power/control (they know we're paying attention and know We The People will get their warning.....so they thought it would be a good idea to produce the message/video we're discussing here). The agencies are like warring tribes in a way. I think it's a real warning, and not fully approved by TPTB before being made public.

Now, let's take their warning and get done what needs to be done. Can't hurt, right?
edit on 11-6-2011 by BufferOverflow because: clunky language

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
well this a big hoo-hah over nothing, as posted earlier NASA, like any other business, looks out for it's employee's, as most of the NASA centres are in the south of the US then it is likely that their employees live there too. This area is vunerable to hurricanes so this is just a internally prepared information pack for the workers,

*silver or gold poster posts thread, everyone gets excited and starts agreeing and give stars and flags without thinking things through*

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I lived in Florida for 10 years, I was there when the three big hurricanes hit. The two companies I worked for over the course of those 10 years sent these out every year at the start of hurricane season. Disney also sends these memos out. Trying to make something bigger out of this is a pointless waste of time. Being prepared in Florida means having plywood to board up, having bottled water to drink, having a gas generator and gas to run it, making sure your pool level is low or can be lowered quickly, all patio furniture is put away or secured and that you have sand bags if you are in a flood zone. They send these out because it's a transient state, most companies have employees who are from out of state and may not be aware of what hurricane season is or how to be prepared. It's also an important reminder because if you wait until the last minute, Home Depot and Lowes will be out of plywood and out of generators.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle
its code for get ready to go to the ARK.

This must be why Oprah decided to end her show this year! She's heading for her place on the ark.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
why the heck is this coming from NASA?

Shouldn't it be coming from FEMA ???

Unless NASA knows something FEMA
does not. hmmmmm

We just got that CDC Warning about
Zombies a couple weeks ago. And now
this ??? Something is up and nobody
is talking.

NASA getting involved leads me to
believe it may be an outer space threat.
Elenin ???

And why would NASA's preparedness plans
be any different than FEMA's ???

I can give you a hint - Zombie is a NASA code word

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
There must be an odd planetary alignment or something, but I'm going to have to agree with Phage here. I've worked for government bodies and civil servanty type places before, and there's always some nonsense department sending round a nonsense email reminding you of how important their department is and trying to justify their own budget and existence.

And boondock, how do you know that this isn't a memo sent every year? You don't work for NASA. Just because you only just heard about it for the first time on a conspiracy site doesn't mean it's not a regular thing.

Now I don't trust NASA. Truth be told, I don't trust anyone. I don't always even trust myself. However, if NASA was trying to keep something quiet about Elenin or HAARP or whatever, I really don't think they'd go about it by telling their staff to warn Aunt Bessy, they'd be sending a memo around reminding all their staff about the non disclosure agreement they signed when they joined up and telling them that everything they see and hear in work was confidential.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlawfullPriest

Sorry but I'm not buying it. NASA caring about the families of employees? Yeah, right.
All they care about is continuity of business.

The biggest buzz word these days is EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS. How many drills have been going around the country involving different agencies these past few years?

Yeah, and we all now what happened during Katrina.

Wake up people, seriously.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Unless NASA knows something FEMA
does not. hmmmmm

Exactly! NASA learned about something horrible before FEMA. Before everyone else. NASA's role was recently diminished to "Ambassador to the Muslim World" (or something thereabouts), and they're still sore over the demotion. Maybe they're "going rogue" by warning the people about a *real* threat.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BufferOverflow

Going rogue by linking to a FEMA page?

lol

www.nasa.gov...

Scroll down to useful links.

edit on 11/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

If something is gonna happen i would say a comet/asteroid is on its way and doesnt look good

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This is pretty damn scary, and does tell something, as every tweet is about how to surivive in one or another situation. Also note that they also started tweeting a short time ago.
twitter.com...#!/readydotgov

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Yes, but what else would a government body tasked with making sure the government is seen to be preparing for the worst in case it comes be doing? There's an office somewhere with probably 5 people working there, and that's all they have to do. So of course they think that their job is the most important job going on, everyone thinks that.

So yes, just like a fire drill, they're sending out information on what to do in case of all the things we've been seeing happen all around the world for the past few years.

Now yes, some or all of those disasters may or may not be naturally occurring. We cannot rule out the possibility that someone is causing them, but we don't know if that's NASA, or a privately funded group of very rich businessmen, or some moustache twirling evil genius living in his mother's basement.

We can't even rule out that it's all Phage, he's the evil mastermind running the whole show, and he comes in here pretending to not believe in anything to throw us off the scent. He would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those pesky kids and their dog.

But all I see here is yet another government office trying to make sure they all have jobs next time the budgets are allocated.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join