It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Sends Internal Memo ~ Family/Personal Preparedness Plan Dated Today June 10 ~ What The ?!?!?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Regardless of what is possibly going to happen that NASA may or may not be aware of, I think it's a good reminder for everyone reading this thread TO BE PREPARED!!

We can't rely on others telling us, alot of things happen without the public being forewarned... Not to get all "survivalist" here but we should all have a plan ready regardless... Whether it's making sure your family knows how to get out of the house incase of a fire, or an appropriate place to shelter in a hurricane... whether it's stocking food and water or making sure your first aid skills are up to date... We can all do our bit to make sure we are prepared for something.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

To answer your question; it's you.
Fearmongring like any other govt. agency these days this is.

Fear keeps you obedient.
That's all. Stop the paranoia people!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZackMorris
Ok, fair enough. They are just giving their employees some good information because of the tornado and stuff. So they are acknowledging that, for some reason, there has been an increase in natural disasters lately. More so than in the past. I guess they follow the logic that, if its been happening, its probably gonna continue to happen more in the future. Interesting. Because NASA employees living in florida are obviously aware of the usual hurricane threat, so either this is something different, or they expect worse hurricanes, or they have lost too many valuable employees to the usual hurricane threat, and are now adopting a new policy to inform their employees in the interest of curtailing the dramatic losses they have been experiencing thus far. Oh, then there's the faint possibility that someone high up in the organization experienced a sudden bout of extreme compassion and will soon be sending out memos for other dangers like smoking and fast food and other things that a NASA employee should be well aware of.

Okay, I agree with the first part of what you had to say.

But I think what we're missing here is the simple message that none of us, including NASA, really truly knows what the hell is going on in terms of natural disasters and earth changes that we've all been witness to lately.

I mean let's face it, how much science do we truly have under our belts at this point ? We don't even understand what the hell is going on under our own friggin feet at any given time... so yes, I think NASA is saying "prepare". But for what exactly, I don't think even they really truly know yet.

And perhaps that's the message they are trying to presuppose... we just don't have a friggin clue what's going on, if anything is even "going" on at all... Because let's face it, these earth changes have not been going on long enough yet to even speculate a continued process in terms of scientific methodology.

So... Prepare for the unknowing, because the unknowing is the only thing we can know.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I also live in Florida and not too long ago I got an email at work with instructions for emergency preparedness. It was the first time that my job had sent one and I thought; okay, they are just gearing up for the hurricane season,. that was until I started reading the instructions.

Did your email include preparation instructions that you would never use during a hurricane?

Just curious.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
OMG people get a life sometime. Many companies especially large ones have their own Emergency Preparedness departments. They have their own incident command structures, with liaisons to their state's Emergency Command Centers as well. Hospitals are particularly involved in these systems in the event of mass casualties, pandemics, natural disasters, etc. As a part of an organization's emergency preparedness program they consistently (annually, bi-annually) remind their workforce of the need prepare at home as well as work. The reason for this was already stated. You, as an employee, aren't going to come to work until you know your family is safe, and if you happen to serve in a role critical to the continuity of operations of your community, state or country, then even more reason to have a personal preparedness plan. That's all this email is. Sometimes a horse is just a horse, they don't all carry the harbingers of the apocalypse!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This thread shouldn't have gotten this far. Just to clear somethings up for you guy that have never work of the DoD or any other government agency. Every year we have classes on being prepared for anything, most the time its in the form of a safety stand down. It's not uncommon or out of place for them to send a mass email warning of potential dangers. Everyone that work for the government usually gets these stupid emails. So don't panic, it's mostly just them covering their @$$es if you screw up. They like to point fingers and say "we told you so, didn't you get the email".

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I do not believe this memo to be unusual at all.The government agencies have always put out these type of memos for many years.There have been many weird natural catastrophes for about a decade.

I am reminded of this weird cyclone,Hurricane Ivan.

If it had not changed track it could have potentially hit at least 5 NASA facilities.

Michoud in Louisiana,Stennis in Mississippi,Marshall in Alabama ,Kennedy in Florida and Johnson in Texas.

Wallops Island and Langley in Virginia did also receive some effect of it after it had been downgraded to a tropical storm.

So NINE NASA facilities could have been damaged by ONE hurricane.

It is wise to be prepared.

edit on 11-6-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
well like any good boyscout knows always be prepaired. i think its just that but there has been alot going on in the world that cant be denied. there are changes going on wether we like it or not. i do think they know more than we do about whats going on our solar max has had a neat start, crazy temp fluxuations, earth quakes not too long ago, and now hurricane season. not to mention elenin's approach late october. i mean whats there not to be prepaired for.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Sounds like insurance. Wow I bet NASA employees can't wait for their next break to visit ATS and mess with you guys haha

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
NASA knows a great deal more than us obviously. This is an interesting find, but could very well be just be NASA saying "We dont know whats going to happen, so everyone, take precautions"
there have been many many people telling us to tke precautions such as building a water supply and non perishable food etc, but perhaps not from such a credible source, and it has not been wide scale.
not sure what to think. Thanks for the post op, gave me something to think about.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by OnlyLove

Or it could be because it's hurricane season.

edit on 6/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

So this is sent out every year then, correct?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
My non-government company also sent out an email like this and I'm not even in a hurricane zone. I believe its just reactive to the obvious earth changes. There's no conspiracy here.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Daemonite because: geographical context adeed

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
What is odd about it? Deadly tornadoes in Joplin, nuke disaster/major earthquake in Japan, major earthquakes in other parts of the world, tsunamis, floods, fires - basically a LOT more natural disasters than what we've experienced in anyone's memory. Maybe they just feel like they should do something proactive? Is NASA the only entity doing this? Let's not jump on the conspiracy train just because it's NASA. Maybe they know something, but a disaster preparedness memo isn't proof that they do.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This all sounds rather routine to me. I've had similar things occur at casual work places. It probably relates to insurance and or government mandates. As for the timing, our government usually doesn't do anything until its tail gets booted out of the chair. Natural disasters have been picking up, why not refresh everyone's memory on emergency procedures. I can remember my father coming home from his daily duty as an Army NCO, we had pamphlets similar to these in the late 70's and early 80's.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Off topic or not I've never seen a thread get so hammered by De Bunkos.

Still a lot of the arguements are only saying. It's only because of recent past events that they are warning every one to prepare ?

Now I know there's something wrong with that last sentence.
Signals I know you can spot it. Prolly from like a mile.

De Bunkos ?

Just stirring the pot here at ATS.
SnF, goodman, nice catch.
This is the kind of thing we for sure need to watch out for and when it's spotted damn well needs to be brought forward. Thank you Sig.
edit on 11-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Excalibur
you said
[I'm just amused by the fact that whenever a government agency tells people to be prepared for an emergency it means they know about some impending disaster. However, as soon as there's a disaster the government gets slammed for not being prepared and not doing enough to have people be prepared]

Ya poor government I do feel bad for em.
On the other hand, if this is government? Why not send this to everyone.? Why just gov. employees ? I'm feel'in
a bit ignored here. Of course I'm sure they want to make sure they can be up and running after.......hmmm

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
To the OP , see how you sorta panick when NASA says something? You wonder they dont tell you or are very careful about what they say? Look how easily causes nervousness and fear.

Thats why they keep their mouth shut about things.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Mr Mask
I wonder how often do they issue such warnings/preparations?

this is the very first one
I have seen in my life.
or maybe I just missed the rest.

I don't remember anything being released by NASA after the 2004 Tsunami, or Katrina either.
2nd

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

These were my immediate thoughts when reading the OP, you just beat me to it.

damn you phage!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join