It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Sends Internal Memo ~ Family/Personal Preparedness Plan Dated Today June 10 ~ What The ?!?!?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by OnlyLove

Or it could be because it's hurricane season.

edit on 6/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Yep, and considering the tornadoes and flooding we've had lately, it's not out of the ordinary for a company to issue preparedness guidelines in an attempt to keep its employees safe.

Just because it's NASA doesn't mean there's a grand conspiracy attached or that they know something we don't.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Because our policy was due for its standard update. That's all.

line 2

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

If you want to get a little MORE ready for ts to htf, then check out the ATS thread "I Just Read..." for what to do. Don't have the link but it's here on ATS if you go to search. Very informative info about what to have on hand. Good Nite to all!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Your comment got me thinking about what if..

Hey ..I'm thinking the same thing as this could be a comet or even a combination of things ..

I certainly think NASA...has all the resources.. and can predict what is to happen within a certain range ..

I know this may seem far fetched ...but the space shuttle was stopped just in the nick of time what a coincidence that they ended that right before this solar flare stuff started ..I think they can tell that it was time to take a break ..after all they are the ONLY ones with all the data coming in from the satellites and other space instruments .. of course they keep things secret .. IMO lol

So they fabricate a story .. to make it sound good to the public ..yet behind closed doors the money is still being collected and as soon as the time is right and they know they can proceed without any danger they will be back in full gear whats to say they aint working on Space Design .. right now in Area 51 >>or COULD they NASA and the GOV be busy building undergoround doomsday shelters ???

Or they could be doing both .. COuld this be a warning to all NASA employees to start saving their money so they can purchase their UNDERGRIUND Doomsday shelter ... It is suppose to only be for those who are well educated and have a a certain degree ..

Vivos Doomsday Shelters
www.terravivos.com...

We Must Prepare..Special Alerts And News Feeds ... From terravivo
www.terravivos.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So what is the big deal?

If you work for the Government, State or the F-500, this kind of email comes out all the time.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
More and more I find less and less that I like about my (our) government.
This I approve of though. Good for them!

What I find sad is how many are completely unprepared for XXXX (location specific) disaster. I'm not talking Zombie level preparedness, although my personal comfort zone is in that range, I'm talking about basics. Most people I know think the whole subject irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Plenty of companies have plans during catastrophes...read into things too much???

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Since NASA will no longer be in the manned space mission business there are going to be lots of bored desk jockeys sending out emails like this to have something to put on their annual performance report.

Everyone's reading too much into it. Every Federal Agency has some desk jockey that doesn't do anything but point and click on the web 8 hours a day and send out these types of emails to look good to the boss.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is my favorite part.

terrorist attacks and other unforeseen catastrophes.

I want them to explain exactly what the process of approval to this procedure was and what exactly their preparing from.
edit on 10-6-2011 by goobersnooch because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2011 by goobersnooch because: terrible spelling

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Nice try
Second line
Can't you come with someting better

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I would say simply this combined with the large number of natural disasters in the past two years would be enough to garner this type of memo within the company even if they don't know anything.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Just seems to me an agency like NASA should be preparing all of mankind for disaster, within the means of funding. I'm not saying "build us all a bunker or replace all our windows with storm proof glass". Just send these types of Emails to all of us. Its cheap, easy and the right thing to do...IMHO

Dunno, Like I said...just a little creepy either way, but probably just normal protocol and practice.

Why would NASA spend the time to do something like that when there are other government agencies, most likely with the same type of preparedness information, already set up to do that?

I don't want NASA sending me any freaking preparedness information. I want them to do some kick butt space research, take wild pictures of outer space, and send THAT to me.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
reply to post by Signals

Because our policy was due for its standard update. That's all.

line 2

I still can't figure out what you're talking about...

A major initiative has been placed on Family/Personal Preparedness for all NASA personnel. The NASA/Family Preparedness Program is designed to provide awareness, resources, and tools to the NASA Family (civil servants and contractors) to prepare for an emergency situation. The most important assets in the successful completion of NASA’s mission are our employees’ and their families. We are taking the steps to prepare our workforce, but it is your personal obligation to prepare yourself and your families for emergencies.
Listen to Administrator Bolden’s thoughts on why it’s important that we “know our stuff” and “be prepared”.
Administrator, Charles F. Bolden, Jr. Video--

Click Here and Watch Video

How does it grab 'ya that NASA seems really worried about something happening soon???
edit on 10-6-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is pretty much an annual event throughout the goverment for all employees. I am an officer curently serving in the Army. Once a year I have to brief everyone on emergency planning and personal preparedness. Many times the base and FRG (Family Readiness Group) hold events for soldiers and thier families and sponsors hand out some prepairedness items like flashlights, small first aid kits, etc. I have also seen many communities due these events annualy in different places I have been. This is nothing new and an annual event.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaBetaGammaX

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Just seems to me an agency like NASA should be preparing all of mankind for disaster, within the means of funding. I'm not saying "build us all a bunker or replace all our windows with storm proof glass". Just send these types of Emails to all of us. Its cheap, easy and the right thing to do...IMHO

Dunno, Like I said...just a little creepy either way, but probably just normal protocol and practice.

Why would NASA spend the time to do something like that when there are other government agencies, most likely with the same type of preparedness information, already set up to do that?

Exactly, NASA has nothing to do with me and neither do I with it. If there's gonna be a humanity wide preparedness message then we have our own individual governments to spend our money towards pamphlets and other means of letting us know what to do and where to go.

This NASA memo honestly sounds like the regular fire drills you get at work to remind you where to go in the event of a fire or terrorist attack.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

nasa is fake...everybody knows the real space program is the nro .

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This just simply tells me that even a government agency is prepping its employees and their families for that which may or may not turn out to be inevitable.

So what should we all take from this ?

We should take away with us the knowledge that nothing is knowing and knowing is preparation for the unknowing.

A great message, indeed.

"Prepare for the unknowing."

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Ok, fair enough. They are just giving their employees some good information because of the tornado and stuff. So they are acknowledging that, for some reason, there has been an increase in natural disasters lately. More so than in the past. I guess they follow the logic that, if its been happening, its probably gonna continue to happen more in the future. Interesting. Because NASA employees living in florida are obviously aware of the usual hurricane threat, so either this is something different, or they expect worse hurricanes, or they have lost too many valuable employees to the usual hurricane threat, and are now adopting a new policy to inform their employees in the interest of curtailing the dramatic losses they have been experiencing thus far. Oh, then there's the faint possibility that someone high up in the organization experienced a sudden bout of extreme compassion and will soon be sending out memos for other dangers like smoking and fast food and other things that a NASA employee should be well aware of.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I work for my local council... we get these kinda plans too, doesn't mean we know something the general
public don't.
Some people on here seem to really wish some catastrophe was coming, i really don't get it.
Big organisations like NASA have to plan for every eventuality.
Remember, its normally the simplest explanation... and blatantly not zombies... or Comets

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Why would NASA send this memo now?
Perhaps because so many other employers are, perhaps something more sinister is afoot.

Curiouser and curiouser as Alice would say... But the fat cat sees that everyone in Wonderland is worried.

~Shrugs~ My go-bag has been ready for a while now. The preparedness plan is prepared and the stocks are stockpiled.

I wouldn't drive a car without insurance, would you?

We could speculate until the cows come home and what would it accomplish?

Point being, this year has seen a LOT of active/strange weather patterns. Whether or not people buy in to the whole 2012 prophecy is one thing, but people talking about it so much with all these strange weather events makes people a little "unsettled" in my opinion.

Maybe someone brought it up at a board meeting, maybe it's protocol... I don't work there so I can't say, the fact is maybe if your plan isn't ready yet you should follow the guides on the NASA website and get ready. If nothing happens, you have some great camping gear to play with later

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join