It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Sends Internal Memo ~ Family/Personal Preparedness Plan Dated Today June 10 ~ What The ?!?!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

just saying that, unless you work for them, you might not know that they have been doing this for a while. As was posted above, it was a 2009 plan so it has been ongoing for a couple of years, at the very least.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

This may just be because some expect the Star of Bethlehem to appear.

Wait a minute, that's not the Star of Bethlehem!

Aieeee! (runs away)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

just saying that, unless you work for them, you might not know that they have been doing this for a while. As was posted above, it was a 2009 plan so it has been ongoing for a couple of years, at the very least.

Just to clarify, the actual internal memo is dated Today, June 10, 2011.

(according to the source)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TETRA.X

What was the other message from the CDC recently? The Zombie Apocalypse???

Yes, I'm sure you've hit the nail on the head.....NASA is preparing their employees for the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse that we all have known would eventually occur in this lifetime.

(Please, please tell me you weren't being serious....)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I consider myself a suspicious soul, but really, this seems like nothing more than NASA covering their arse. Some lawyer pointed out that NASA weren't meeting the commitments of their charter (Hence the bit about being the only federal agency responsible for....etc.) and were leaving themselves open to lawsuits. I would also say the timing makes sense after the flooding, tornadoes, land-slides, etc. that have been hitting the US recently.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So let me get this straight........

Twin towers, dozens of killer quakes, hundreds of tornado striking at once, a dozen killer hurricanes..... And now the people who do nothing but watch whats going on in space are directing their employees to hurry up and get prepared......

(Columbo turns back.)

Oh one more thing....... What was the very last data and scientific announcement that was made to the public? That was the voyager twins right?

Ok i'll be in touch.....

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Okay gang lets think about this for a moment. Where does NASA have locations.. Florida and Texas.
Those states are prone to hurricanes and we are now in Hurricane season.

My point being, I live in Central Texas and even *I* know the evac routes.

Also in Texas they have been running commercias about "being prepaired for " commercials.

Fun to speculate? Yes! Something Nefarious? Prolly not.

If something horrific was right around the corner.. I think only a handfull of people would know..maybe word might filter down, but not much. The rest of us would be sitting ducks and we all know it.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Popcorn's good whether the world's ending or not.

So, here's how humanity goes every once in a while. For a couple generations, everyone's happy and content, thinking they're safe and secure on planet Earth. Then, something happens to spark interest in disaster. A large volcanic eruption or two, perhaps, or a war...or maybe a pandemic. And, suddenly, people start crying, "The end is nigh! The end is nigh!"... until the craze wears off and people go back to their lives. In the past, this has gone over practically without any associated conspiracies because, beyond a few decades ago, people trusted themselves and their governments. But, now, people have a (well-placed) distrust in their governments, and the information being exchanged by these top officials is, at the same time, much more likely to fall into the hands of people like you or me, who will then take that information and use it for our own agendas.
So, what we get, then, is what we have here with this thread. People are suddenly back on the "End is nigh!" bandwagon, and, when the government reacts accordingly, their leaked correspondence only serves to stoke the apocalyptic flames.
We are most definitely living in a unique time in history...but not because of some nefarious plot to hide global disasters from the public. Our time is unique because of the massive exchange, and interception, of information combined with historic levels of distrust.
edit on 10-6-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

yes, but it's a reminder of a plan that was put in effect in 2009
www.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by TETRA.X

What was the other message from the CDC recently? The Zombie Apocalypse???

Yes, I'm sure you've hit the nail on the head.....NASA is preparing their employees for the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse that we all have known would eventually occur in this lifetime.

(Please, please tell me you weren't being serious....)

Dont bust my bubble.
Im actually hoping for the zombie apocalypse so this damned gear-head neighbor of mine wont knock on my door, abduct my husband, and rev the motor of his midlife crisis muscle car for hours every weekend with ol hubby grinning and enabling him and his comb over. In fact, if he is zombified, it will probably be the first pleasant weekend summer evening Ive had in 5 yrs... plus the thought of shooting him a little bit fills me with hand rubbing glee

Seriously though, Ive scratched my head over where they dug up the genius that thought using zombies was a rational thing to use to get the public mindful of disaster preparation.
I think they KNEW it would freak out the conspiracy theorists and cause a jump in the economy with all of the zombie apocalypse prep purchases.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Are we really arrogant enough to believe that there could never be an extinction level event again?
Of course we are, which is why it's so outlandish to think so.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I don't know, this memo doesn't seem to me to be a big deal. This planet has had an unusual run of catastrophic weather conditions and earthquakes these past couple of years. Maybe it's just a memo to reinforce the need to have an emergency plan.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Seriously though, Ive scratched my head over where they dug up the genius that thought using zombies was a rational thing to use to get the public mindful of disaster preparation.
I think they KNEW it would freak out the conspiracy theorists and cause a jump in the economy with all of the zombie apocalypse prep purchases.

the gov't is hurting for cash. since they can't print more money, they've turned to the one tried and true source of revenue - product placement.

That CDC warning was brought to you by AMC, home of The Walking Dead...ARE YOU PREPARED for the new season starting July 2011?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr Mask

you make it sound like NASA should set up an emergency preparedness plan for everyone in the country. That's ridiculous.

Just seems to me an agency like NASA should be preparing all of mankind for disaster, within the means of funding. I'm not saying "build us all a bunker or replace all our windows with storm proof glass". Just send these types of Emails to all of us. Its cheap, easy and the right thing to do...IMHO

Dunno, Like I said...just a little creepy either way, but probably just normal protocol and practice.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

as I said, they are preparing their peeps for hurricanes and other type scenarios. They are also working on the biggies, like an asteroid collission, and those will be planned with the population in mind. They don't need to prepare me for disasters that won't impact me, such as a hurricane or tornado at a NASA facility;.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

the gov't is hurting for cash. since they can't print more money, they've turned to the one tried and true source of revenue - product placement.

That CDC warning was brought to you by AMC, home of The Walking Dead...ARE YOU PREPARED for the new season starting July 2011?

Ahhh gotcha

Nice.. sort of reminds me of the product placement in Idiocracy.Good lord, we're really doomed...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr Mask

as I said, they are preparing their peeps for hurricanes and other type scenarios. They are also working on the biggies, like an asteroid collission, and those will be planned with the population in mind.

I assume that is probably the truth. Of course I allow a small percent of my inner paranoia to wonder further. I mean, I would not be shocked if I was actually hit by a disaster that NASA knew about years before.

I don't really trust NASA I guess...

MM

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by j-man

After my own lengthy investigation I have jumped on! lol I tell you one thing they have known for more than since dec 10th about this "comet" Just do some research on the guy Leonid(meteor showers)Elenin he is fake and I dare you to find more than 3 pics of the man. He doesnt exist. Next big earthquake will be on the west coast aug 11- 18th BIG alignment for a few days! Will definitly be intresting good luck to all and let this be a warning to all of us as well to prepare because we know for sure something is coming

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

wait until the nukes fly, sponsored by Fallout 4, coming to the Xbox in 2013, assuming we all live

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Plus does anybody other than me find it suspicious that NASA recently announced the end of the space shuttle program? I have been very concerned about that as well

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join