It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Sends Internal Memo ~ Family/Personal Preparedness Plan Dated Today June 10 ~ What The ?!?!?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

Actually I am quite prepared (Thank You), and the memo IS very good advice, for everyone.

The point is, why now?

Why now!?!
Because we are experiencing lots of tornadoes, earthquakes and bomb smuggling dessert yokels.
That is why. People have been getting caught off guard with weather systems, earthquakes and terrorism.
In response it would be a super idea to be prepared. That's why.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by CLPrime
Now why, might I ask, are comparisons of NASA with Walmart and Disney silly?

Walmart and Disney are consumer corporations that have nothing to do with national and personal safety or potential disasters. Yet, they prepare.
NASA is a government agency with a distinct interest in potential national safety concerns. It's unreasonable to assume that they are not prepared, as well.

So, why is the comparison silly, again?

Man, if you don't know why you got a serious problem. MMMM...let me see.....,Walmart is an store where you can buy lotta chinese stuff. NASA is The National Aeronautics and Space Administration.

You are avoiding what is the real issue, show the prove that NASA made that kind of memos in other years. Get your conclusive evidence here if such a thing exist, now I am "the skeptic" about your opinion.

I guess I've got a serious problem, 'cause I'm having a hard time seeing the relevance. If these consumer-based places are preparing their employees, then why shouldn't we expect NASA to?

As for that last bit... both Chadwickus and I have done just that several times now. It's not my fault if you guys missed it.
edit on 11-6-2011 by CLPrime because: possible Freudian slip

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

reply to post by keepureye2thesky

The point is, why now?

The point is, why do you think it's "now". The "I didn't get the memo so it didn't happen" syndrome?

The current program has been in place since last year.

“Know Your Stuff” was the message NASA Administrator Charlie Bolden emphasized to the crowd of employees assembled at the NASA Family Preparedness Program kickoff, held at NASA HQ on September 15, 2010. The NASA Family Preparedness Program is currently being run as a pilot program at NASA HQ, with leadership supporting an expansion of the program to all Centers. Goddard emergency management staff was in attendance and is eager to begin rolling out the program.
Brett Smith, Senior Continuity Analyst with a.i. solutions has led the creation of the Family Preparedness Program for NASA HQ since June 2010. It was at the Agency disaster exercise in May (which the a.i. solutions Emergency Management Team played a key role in delivering), that Administrator Bolen expressed his desire for NASA to step up efforts to prepare employees for an emergency. “Without the people of our NASA family being safe, we cannot achieve our mission”, he said.

www.ai-solutions.com...

edit on 6/11/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

And, in addition to that:

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I found a pandemic influenza contingency plan from 2010 too:

lms.larc.nasa.gov...

And thanks to CLPrime for this link:

nodis3.gsfc.nasa.gov...

This one is from 1999.

The link I provided is for the entire set of guidelines pertaining to NASA's emergency preparedness plan. It dates from the end of 1999. They've been preparing for at least 11-and-a-half years now.
edit on 11-6-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Guys...we get these ALL THE TIME. (1st responders and FEMA/DHS etc) And you' all just picked up on one. We get them at least 4-5 times yearly..and updated regularily. There may or may not be something going on...but I doubt it.

Remember the earthquake prep you were all hiding from? That National Statewide exercise came and went in May...and no "big-one' The exercise went well tho and we learned something. And now, we are prepping for a differnent one, and the next, and the next. We have to. Its how we prepare. Dont read something into every exercise,corporate bulletin, and alert.

Hey! Ive got a great idea! Why dont you all JOIN me in volunteering for your communities? You will get these alerts too...and realize theres nothing up....and we could use the help.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Have you even watched the video?

How can you explain the mention of terrorism and "other catastrophes"?

What about the Great Lakes mention?

What about the Earth changes we are obviously going through?

None of this concerns you in the least bit?

Are you Human?

Everything strange you run across can be easily written off as coincidence?

What is the point in basically stating the same "nothing to see here" message in every post you make in this thread?

Where does your arrogance come from, does it have a backing to it?

You know what, nevermind.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I would think nothing is up is NASA sent that kind of thing every year or every couple of years, but if they never sent that kind of memo~ to their personal why would they do it now?, they're definitely more worried about something.
edit on 11-6-2011 by manticorex5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yes I watched the video. It's in the link in my first post in this thread.
None of it concerns me any more than it ever has. I've been "prepared" for quite a while. I've got water. I've got canned goods. I've got a first aid kit.

Not because I think anything is about to happen, but because...it's...a...good...idea.

You know what, nevermind.

Please note the context of my statement. It was in response to this:

This is the very first one, is it not?

edit on 6/11/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

How can you explain the mention of terrorism and "other catastrophes"?

The fallout of a dirty bomb or hidden nuclear bomb can have the same effects as catastrophic weather. Shortage of food, power, shelter etc. Be prepared for anything.

What about the Great Lakes mention?

Did you miss this?

They have facilities there. They have employees in in the Great Lakes, you know, the ones who received the internal memo?!

None of this concerns you in the least bit?

This concerns me, you and everyone else. It concerned NASA so much that they sent a memo to their employees.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Whats the Draw back of being someone thats ready for an event? My family is ready

We've had our plan in place for years now. Our stuff just sits on the motorhome, Waiting for the day.

Mabey it will happen while i'm at Burning man. =)
What better people to be around? =-)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
On many official NASA PDF documents there is a tag showing the year (and possibly month) of when the document was created/updated.

Looks like this:

The above comes from this document:

www.nasa.gov...

Bottom of the last page.

Look familiar?

It's from the Emergency preparedness page everyone is up in arms about at the moment.

Here's a NASA PDF from 2004:

www.nasa.gov...

Bottom of page the same type of code is visible with 2004.

So here is evidence that these documents haven't been produced "just in time for Elenin", they've just updated and re-issued older documents.

Case closed.

Finally someone came out with the elements needed to close the case. Good job. Personally, that's all I need, a single solid proof.

Well done brother Chad.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Clarification of NASA memo and White House letter Dated December 13, 2010 from Homeland Securityreply to post by keepureye2thesky

After a little more research, if you listen to the video from the NASA Administer Charles F. Bolden, within the first 20 seconds he states that NASA "has" recently participated in a National Continuity Exercise, called Eagle Horizon.

In fact, attached is the original letter informing all agencies of this exercise. It was dated December 13, 2010 and states that the exercise is scheduled for June 23, 2011. Just interesting that the Boldend video says that NASA "has" already participated.

www.colorado.feb.gov/useruploads/files/2011_eagle_horizon_memo.pdf

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

There is no "case closed". NASA just sent this memo out! It doesn't matter when they came up with the Emergency Prepardedness Plan, it is irrelevant.

What does matter is they are pointing us to that plan NOW

Chad and the rest of them are missing that point. The point is why now? What do they know?

We rely on NASA for all info about incoming NEO's....

It's cause for concern...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by XFilesTheTruth
Clarification of NASA memo and White House letter Dated December 13, 2010 from Homeland Securityreply to post by keepureye2thesky

After a little more research, if you listen to the video from the NASA Administer Charles F. Bolden, within the first 20 seconds he states that NASA "has" recently participated in a National Continuity Exercise, called Eagle Horizon.

In fact, attached is the original letter informing all agencies of this exercise. It was dated December 13, 2010 and states that the exercise is scheduled for June 23, 2011. Just interesting that the Boldend video says that NASA "has" already participated.

www.colorado.feb.gov/useruploads/files/2011_eagle_horizon_memo.pdf

This is not the first National Level Exercise to inter-grade Eagle Horizon.

info.publicintelligence.net...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

They've had an emergency preparedness plan for over a decade, at least. What makes you think they've only just started alerting their employees to it? Why have a plan if it just sits stagnant in a file cabinet somewhere? Presumably, in the years since the plan was established, this is not the first time their personnel have been referred to it. You can try all you want to hold onto the "Why now?" argument, but there is no "Why now?" The only thing from "now" is that memo. That's it. So, what does that prove?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Eagle Horizon...maybe America is considering protecting their assets...ie, lots of fresh water via the Great Lakes...could also be why some of the Misissippi dykes were blown...water comes first in a survival situation

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

Chad and the rest of them are missing that point. The point is why now? What do they know?

Here is the "why now".

What do they know?

They know we are a target of bad weather and butt smuggling bomb tards.
Don't you know that? They are alerting their employees to take the initiative and
be prepared.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
OMG! My wife works at a school and they did an earthquake preparedness workshop last month!!!

It MUST be because they know HAARP is going to cause the earth to crumble into space this summer!!!! zOMG!!!!!!

If you disagree with my assessment, ti only proves I'm right.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
OMG! My wife works at a school and they did an earthquake preparedness workshop last month!!!

It MUST be because they know HAARP is going to cause the earth to crumble into space this summer!!!! zOMG!!!!!!

If you disagree with my assessment, ti only proves I'm right.

Well played.

Noting your sarcasm, this is just as plausible as the OP's, "Oh my god!!! Why now"?
"NASA is up to something".

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by XFilesTheTruth

Eagle Horizon has been carried out for several years, the previous one being in May of 2010.
www.ai-solutions.com...

Bolden's video was for the kickoff of NASA's family preparedness program, which as pointed out above was last year.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join