It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Sends Internal Memo ~ Family/Personal Preparedness Plan Dated Today June 10 ~ What The ?!?!?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
reply to post by Crakeur

It's probably just lawyers trying to cover NASA's behind. You move someone to a different state for a job and don't give them adequate warning as to potential disasters that may occur and how to prepare for them, then maybe NASA becomes liable for a portion of the injuries.

And Bingo was his name-o.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

If the New Madrid fault line ever had a high magnitude EQ, a very very large area would be in the impact zone in terms of areas affected. And I'm not talking about the immediate areas that get the EQ impact.

I'm talking about nuclear facilities going into danger mode, massive floods, shortage of food, no electricity, no water..etc etc.

That event would be catastrophic!!! It would impact most of NASA's offices. Take Katrina and multiply it.

And didn't FEMA recently buy up a lot of food and body bags??? And another emergency preparedness exercise around that area?

...just sayin'

edit on 11-6-2011 by TETRA.X because: added somethin'

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeNF
NASA sent that so people on ATS have something to talk about. There is a group of people there dedicated to reading ATS. The group was called NASA-ATS, and then later reduced to SATAN, using the common letters.

Funny you mention that, because NASA TV = SATAN V

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by manalien

If I could, I would STAR/FLAG/APPLAUD you a million times!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on Sat Jun 11 2011 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TETRA.X

If the New Madrid fault line ever had a high magnitude EQ, a very very large area would be in the impact zone in terms of areas affected. And I'm not talking about the immediate areas that get the EQ impact.

I'm talking about nuclear facilities going into danger mode, massive floods, shortage of food, no electricity, no water..etc etc.

That event would be catastrophic!!! It would impact most of NASA's offices. Take Katrina and multiply it.

And didn't FEMA recently buy up a lot of food and body bags??? And another emergency preparedness exercise around that area?

...just sayin'

edit on 11-6-2011 by TETRA.X because: added somethin'

Which is exactly why this memo was sent out. In the event of something catastrophic. You're right we do agree on that. But to suggest that NASA is somehow forewarning a planned, predetermined doom of natural or man made design (which is what the OP is getting at) is complete speculation. He holds no evidence of the claim.

They are doing what is expected of them as employers. And that is alerting the employees to be ready for disaster. Why didn't I get the memo? Cause I don't work for NASA. However as resident in the north-east metropolitan area, I am reminded every day about being prepared with billboards and signs on trains.

There is no conspiracy here. OP linked an article about the memo. That's it.
Wild speculation is what brought it to ATS. Without that wild speculation, it's just another boring article.

Paranoia reigns supreme here.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

We agree on things yes, but disagree on the intentions of the in-company memo.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
We used to have annual 'jump through the hoops' exercises because either a Inspector General was going to visit
or there were the idiotic cases where the President or a Congressional fact-finding mission was going to fly overhead...
and presumably pop in to our Battalion for a briefing and a Tour of our operations and preparedness...

this inundation of 'concern' by the designated 'Authority' is just another case of CYA.
the leadership just wants to instill it in your mind that 'they care' for you & your families well being... forever

they sure pile it on huh !
giving the appearance that they are an intergal part of providing a plethora of goodwill & affirmative actions on all levels in the Agencies universe

smokescreen is whats its all about, nothing more than CYA

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Considerations to be reminded of:reply to post by Signals

Hello! Long time viewer, First time contributor:

First, great thread and provocative responses. In a brief, condensed reply I would ask us to consider 10 of the following facts, reports, unanswered questions that have occurred just within the last 12 months and longer which continue to multiply. NOTE: Yes, many more than ten, just a beginners list.

1.) Massive bird and fish die-offs across the world, no single answer, only multiple pseudo-scientific scipted anwers. No Mass Media significant research or followup to the populaton. why?
1b.) Mysterious death of John Wheeler, of Mitre and U.S. military no research by Mass media, wouldn't this equal and investigation to that of Woodward and Bernstein? of Watergate fame?, or the highly unusual single car death of Ashley Turton, an energy related lobbyist, where she perished when her car burst into flames in her garage after a seemingly minor accident. Why no coverage? Were these cases linked? Why does not the public get full coverage and logical reasons for these; 1.) Murder of Wheeler, 2.) Highly suscipicious death of Turton. Why?

2.) The sudden end of U.S. manned space flights once Atlantis Space Shuttle mission is completed? No Mass Media significant reports on why?

3.) Slowly, and maybe not conspicuously to the public. U. S. Fighting forces are being returned home. Iraq forces that remain, could be evacuated within 3 days. Fighting forces in AFKISTAN (afganistan and pakistan) are being reduced slowly every week. Suggestions of July reductions fuzzy, but so as not to create major quesions, pull down is coming quicker. Why?

4.) If not in your community, a number of communities across the U.S. have noticed a substantial increase in the trial / practice of the EBS Emergency Broadcast Systems. In Case of emergencies. Not in just known hurricane, toronado or earthquake prone areas, but all across the country. Sublimily, we are being prepared. Why?

5.) No real U.S. involvement in Middle East peace process. A lot of words about how U.S. and Israel are the best of friends, but we have simply backed away, nodded our heads and are doing nothing? I am neither supporting nor endorse such actions, just observing. Does it even matter, that kind of question. Why?

6.) As reported on ATS several times, reports of major underground bunkers, cities, survival camps, to sustain human life for up to a year. Continuity of life, makes sense, but we know about these, not so secret, so why not tell the rest of us.....or is that the intent of all of the combined awareness ads by FEMA, NIH, CDC and now NASA? It is known that FEMA had puchased the greatest amount of ready-made-meals in its' history, in the billions of dollars. Why?

7.) Even when the U.S. government and its agencies refuse to respond directly, why is it that the Vatican of all institutions validates that life on other planets is possible? Why tell us this?

8) Dr. Stephen Hawkings announces in his opinion, it would not be a good idea to make contact with an Alien species that could reach earth. His answer is logical, based upon what we humans have done when encountered with another culture throughout our existence, will kill them and/or turn them into slaves. But why would a Theoretical Physicist being telling us this? Why?

9.) The Svalbard Global Seed Vault, in Norway to contain, save millions of organic seeds from around the world in case of a disaster. Not a bad idea at all, makes sense. This is a Red Warning in 'plain sight'. Yet know one seems to really care or have an interest in this. Why? Also, Is there a similar bank of sperm, eggs for mammals, birds, insects, HUMANS?

10) Lastly, have you noticed how many shows on the History Channel, History International, Nat. Geo Channel, Science Channel, keep repeating or showing new shows on 'end of the world' scenarios? Meteors, Nuclear Terrorist attacks, Tsunmai's, Magnetic Field changes, Sun Spots and their affect on our electric grids, Doomsday scenarios'? Why? (maybe just for ratings)

What do you all think? Many more considerations. I did not want to load up this discussion with links, they can all be found, most on previous ATS posts. Just some things NOT TO CONSIDER. Thank you, Kindly!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by XFilesTheTruth

Wonderful of you to chime in, but that laundry list of items, is completely off topic.
This is about a memo distributed amongst employees of NASA in regards to family preparedness.
OP injected the conspiracy angle in attempt to make a boring news article more fun.
Your thoughts are appreciated but they all have their homes in different forums.
This only clouds the water further.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
NASA collects some of the most brilliant minds on earth, I'm sure this is just a reminder to keep themselves out of harms way and continue their jobs/research unhindered. I seriously doubt it's a warning that something will happen soon and is instead a reminder that natural disasters do happen.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
None of this seems UNUSUAL to me.

The main point of that sentence is where it says " it's people" meaning NASA employees, as in no other gov. branch looks out for NASA employees, they look out for their own, hence this was issued for them.
I don't know how anyone here got it, but many other establishments give similar items to their employees.
I don't get why anyone reads into this too much. All you have to do is look around to see climate anomalies.
UFOs aren't hidden either, now with everyone and their dog having acess to cell phones and youtube, images are leaked before any gov. officials even get off the toilet.
I have a close friend high up in the military, he has always had his garage freezer full of extra food and water and paper towels, toilet paper and bateries (something everyone of you should also have, and if you don't, get off the net and get some suplies) other than that as long as he is calm, I am calm.

You don't need to be a genius to see changes in climate, no know about chemtrails or what's in your food
(because the labels must say it, and no one wants to be sued) but how many of you actually read the labels on your food. How many of you actually know, when you eat, for example, a piece of cake, that the words 'natural flavoring' basically mean 'bug #' ? There are many things which IF you learn about and adjust your life accordingly, can keep you from pannicking over something like this NASA alert preparedness note.
That's my two cents. You're only a slave while you keep ignorant.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Earthlink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Just a general PSA.

Let's try not to get too far off topic, please.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

On the contrary that post was an excellent first-time post Sir!

And all of the points were most certainly ON-TOPIC, as this discussions is about NASA preparing us for disaster(s) and most importantly - why?

Your posts in this thread are a clear indication of your opinion that

"there is nothing to see here, move along"

yet you remain. But there is nothing to see here, so

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XFilesTheTruth

2.) Our country is in a recession. Obama canceled manned missions to space for two reasons: first, it's cheaper to let Russia bring our guys into space, and second, he wants to build up the private sector of space, which would increase available jobs.

3.) One of Obama's campaign promises was to get the troops home in a very short amount of time. He's going down on the polls, so he's going to do everything he can to get back up.

4.) As you may have heard, Springfield, MA, which is not very tornado-prone, had tornadoes a few weeks ago (the first of which touched down a mile from my home). This shows that places that aren't disaster-prone can still suffer from nature. They're just being cautious.

5.) What else would you expect rather than words? There are always diplomatic talks going on. Just because the media doesn't report it does not mean we've stopped diplomatic relations with the middle east.

6.) Preparedness is the new thing. It started with 2000, and has gotten even bigger with 2012. 2012 got people thinking that maybe, just maybe, they should be better prepared in case something happened. Also, the population in the US is getting bigger all the time. Hence FEMA's bigger purchases, I'm sure.

7.) The Vatican is not a government. It was asked a question, and it gave its answer. There's no conspiracy here. Especially when you consider that that belief may be based on religion and not science, hence why they're so readily admitting there could be life elsewhere.

8.) Again, he was probably asked that question and gave his opinion. He's a leading figure in space knowledge. There's no conspiracy here. He's right. Making contact probably isn't a good idea.

9.) Construction on the seed bank started in 2006, which means planning probably started around 2002 or 2003. This isn't a very recent thing, and is probably not reflective of any particular global crisis. Like I said earlier, preparedness is the new fad. Also, both banks you mention are to protect against extinction.

10.) Again..........preparedness is a big concern nowadays. If it gets the views, the stations will air it. More and more people are becoming interested in end-of-the-world scenarios, so of course they're going to watch those shows. It's just TV channel politics ---- no conspiracy.

Quite honestly, this whole thread is laughable. NASA wants to be prepared. Why is that such a big deal? Oh yeah, the "timing." So should they wait until there's nothing happening to be prepared? With all of these natural disasters, it's the perfect time to update emergency plans. You look where other emergency plans have lacked, and modify yours to fix their mistakes.

There's no conspiracy here people. Stop trying to make something out of nothing.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

And all of the points were most certainly ON-TOPIC, as this discussions is about NASA preparing us for disaster(s) and most importantly - why?

Correction. The thread is about NASA encouraging its employees to be prepared for emergencies.
Why is pretty obvious. It's a good idea.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the educationreply to post by keepureye2thesky

Thanks for educating me on the protocol. I certainly do not want to dilute the main subject matter. However, perhaps, one could make the case that those 10 items are loosely related to informing the public that something big is going to happen and to be prepared. My questions on what seemed to be unrelated articles, could be in fact key items of why the public in general is not being informed. Thanks, in the future I will keep much more singular to topic.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Signals of ATS claims NASA Internal Memo from June 10, 2011 Sign of Inside/Hidden Knowledge....

The motto of abovetopsecret.com is "Deny Ignorance", yet many respondants repeatedly take posts for granted without investigating further...

Signals cites some sources (which, according to the link at the end of the Original Post, is news and reference web site spaceref.com) as having sourced a particular message (The memo quoted as off-site content titled "AGENCYWIDE MESSAGE TO ALL NASA EMPLOYEES
as an email to employees sent on June 10, 2011.

Signals claims this email is indication that NASA may know something we don't:

"Is it just me or is this an odd sense of timing with the recent disasters in the world? (this was sent out to employees today)" (emphasis added)

Regardless the feelings of him and others, Signals begs the following questions:

What is meant by 'recent disasters in the world'?

In addition, who does 'they' reference in "Do they know something we don't?"

Finally, why might "they" know something that others don't, and what is it "they" may know?

The absence of these questions is a signal of controveries taken for granted that ought to be explained or proved first before continuing on to the final question, "Do they know something we don't?"

To answer that question without addressing the underlying assumptions allows murky suppositions to naively filter though and distort the issues at hand.

All are welcome to think before responding....

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Signals

Correction. The thread is about NASA encouraging its employees to be prepared for emergencies.
Why is pretty obvious. It's a good idea.

I don't need your help in determining the topic of a thread that I started.

There is no correction for you to make here.

You guys can keep it up, it's only bumping the thread, and for that-

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

On the contrary that post was an excellent first-time post Sir!

Opinion, and I kindly disagree

And all of the points were most certainly ON-TOPIC

Opinion and I kindly disagree

as this discussions is about NASA preparing us for disaster(s) and most importantly - why?

Are you serious? You don't know why NASA employees should be prepared for a disaster?

Your posts in this thread are a clear indication of your opinion that

Your OP is opinion as well, as we are entitled to them. Remember the article you posted is about a memo, NOT about the claims you have made.

"there is nothing to see here, move along"

yet you remain. But there is nothing to see here, so

You're way wrong.
I believe there is much to see here. Mostly ignorance and wild speculation.

~~~~~~~~~

What evidence do you hold that the internal email about family preparedness is in direct relation to knowledge of something planned or predetermined?!

What is that you are claiming NASA knows in regards to this letter being implemented to it's employees?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join