It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCTV ghosts when i was young.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience as me when i was a child? Anyway the story goes when i was 7 till 10ish my uncle worked in a old abandoned pit as a security guard basicaly just to guard the equipment that was still there for some reason even tho it was closed becouse of water getting into and filling the pit shafts killing alot of people they still brought new equipment to the pit every 4-5 years. Anyway enough babbling on...the first experience i had was when i was around 7 and a half my dad took me to the pit at night to see my uncle( i only live 1 street away from the main road leading to the pit that is about 1/4 mile long) it was around 9pm and was pitch black so as a kid i was scared of walking up the road anyway becouse there was no lights other than what you could see in the distance from the pit its self, as we got to the pit i noticed how creepy everything looked alot of smashed windows on the older buildings that had been abandoned lots of deep holes in the ground just what you would expect from a ghost town anyway we got to the building door and my uncle was waiting there for us to open it becouse he watched us coming on the CCTV cameras instaled all over the pit. My dad and uncle were talking and i noticed all of the TV screens with CCTV on them there was 12 Night vision and 5 regular but the regular cameras were inside the building wich was quite big if i remember correctly and i noticed a older man on 1 of the screens walking towards the pit with a hard hat helmed on and raggy clothes but the strange thing was there was another camera pointed in the opposite direction of the camera facing towards eachother and on the second screen there was no man so i neerly started crying and my uncle and dad asked what was wrong and i showed them and by the time they had looked there was nothing there but i can remember my uncle telling me they see alot of ghosts and even name them the 1 i saw on the night he called raggy...dont ask me why lol...after that we went home and i was pretty much stuck to my dads ass lol. The 2nd time it happend i was just about to turn 10 when my uncle took me to the pit at night again but i had to stay there the whole night this time till he finished his shift wich stared at 7pm and finished at 7am but instead of going at the same time my grandad took me up in the car at 9.30pm...anyway on this night ive never been more scared in my life i was glued to the CCTV screens all night i could hear people walking up and down the stairs and could hear people talking and see shadows on the CCTV inside the building and some freaky lights outside on the night vision screens that kinda looked like the helmet cams miners used to wear..at around 3am to 4.30am is when it got the worst my uncle was reading papers and magazines and watching his own old portable tv that to me looked pointless becouse the screen was about 6 inches lol but anyway at that time is when the shadows got worse it kinda reminded me of when my grandad used to come home from working at a pit in another location and you would see all the people walking out the gates flooding the path ways trying to get to there cars becouse ALOT of shadows and lights started showing on the CCTV and out the corner of my eye on the far left screen i watched a man walk up some metal stairs and walk into the room to the right of the room we were in(it was directly across from the stairs) so i freaked out and started crying so my uncle went and had a look around and found nothing he even went outside to check see if anyone was around but was just dead silence but the thing that ABSOLUTELY FREAKED ME OUT THE MOST!!! is when my uncle went down the stairs the man or ghost or whatever it was followed him out the building around 10 seconds later.

What still freaks me out is the detail i can describe of this guy he was wearing dark reddy orange overalls with the clip buttons undone with a dark blue t-shirt underneeth and a yellow hardhat with a black light on it and i could only see 1 hand the other looked missing...at night nobody goes onto the pit other than 1-2 people who walk there dogs around 9pm and only 1 security guard a night works there.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
No replys lol

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
A picture would be good

A video would be great

either way, no linky, it stinky!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
In the OP's defense, this is the personal stories forum.

Your story was neat (yet freaky!) I can't say I've had any experiences but I enjoyed reading yours. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
A picture would be good

A video would be great

either way, no linky, it stinky!
i was just over 7 years old and didnt know what the internet was OR how to use a video recorder or a camcorder and there was no cellphones with video on them or cellphone camera so how could i get a picture or a video? its a personal experience that myself and the night guards have all shared

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

No worrys
yea its still a freaky place and im 24 and you wont get me going neer the place at night lol especialy after the story my grandad, dad and 2 uncles told me about the place...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Here is some links with pictures of the pit through the ages and what it ended up looking like before they knocked down the pit heads and most of the other buildings theres only a few left now...Just to clerify my village was built purely becouse of the pit but the flooding happend not soon after the main houses were built if i remember correctly.

www.memories-of-bygone-moorends.com...

On this link the 5th-6th and 7th picture down shows the building at the very front this is the building were the night guards were stationed and all the CCTV.

What you cant see in the pictures is the 2 long roads in and out of the pit and the 2 HUGE quarrys with huge hills and lots of tree's were they used to dump the coal.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Nice post, thanks, most interesting.
My Old man worked at the local pit in the early 80's, his job as to keep an eye on the coal conveyors on the surface.
(He always maintained he never believed in ghosts even though he had a few odd experiences).
One night (it was winter, snowing and roughly 2am) he was stood at the top of a metal stair well with a mate having a smoke when something caught their eye, they both thought they saw rats in the snow, but it became apparent that it wasn't rats but footsteps..and they were appearing as if someone was walking.
Curious, my old man went down to have a closer look but as soon as he got to the bottom of the stair well he froze. In his own words he just couldn't go any further all though he wanted to.
He was a typical no nonsense, guy and like me has wondered around the tower of London alone on many a dark night, so even I was surprised to hear that he froze, not with fear, but something?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Lol kinda sounds like the things ive heard from the pit here would take all day to say all the things peoplehave told me about the place but what u said sounds freaky lol u should nagg him try and get the answer outa him

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Sadly (or happily) hes propping up a celestial bar somewhere..But thats how pretty much how he said it.. He was a dyed in the wool no nonsense man who always maintained he never believed in ghosts , but the only time I have ever seen him shaken up though was the time he visited my old flat for the weekend..It was haunted by an old dear.. and he bumped into her in the kitchen.. he was adamant that it was all a set up..until it dawned on him there was no way for her getting in or out the flat with the main door in the front room.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zeevar

Ouch sorry to hear that

Lol thats why im dreading getting my new house i dont want to live in a house im uneasy in becouse of ghosts who like playing tricks

new topics

top topics

join