It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the future already happened??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This thread is NOT about religion or whether or not prophecies are real. Lets just assume that they are actually fact and these things will happen.

If the Bible and other prophecies are true, then wouldn't the future have already happened?

Wouldn't someone/something from the future, time travel back and alter the future from what originally happened?

It is very plausable that we are not the first universe and we may be another alternate universe, of the original copy.

So any decisions we make, good or bad, wouldn't change the future, if it's already happened? It would only create parallel universes opposite this one.

This could be changed for the benefit of humanity or the benefit for a group of elites.

This also could be used to write the Bible for example, hence certain prophets being shown what will happen by angels or God. It also could explain the references of flying disks i.e. wheels, chariots.

Last question, wouldn't it be impossible to travel to the future if the future has not happened yet? Or would we hop into another universe that has already happened?

Anyway, I hope I made sense and didn't confuse anyone. So, I would love to hear your thoughts!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

You make a good point. Many people believe that time is a circle, and the future has already happened. I believe it. It explains why I have deja vu all the time...

edit on 10-6-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

Past does not exist, and we are creating it right now:

Man: what's your age?
Boy: 6 years.
Man: And how old is your father?
Boy: 6 years.
Man: How's that possible?
Boy: Because he became father only when I was born!

edit on 10-6-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Time does not exist its an illusion. so the past present and future are happening now.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Its not a circle but a spiral i think...

We relive the things again and again in new eras. We seem to be doomed again?...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You know what... I'm glad someone makes some sort of sense here.

I see time and multiverses like a giant concertina. When it expands everything is right with the World. Nothing strange, peculiar or weird occurs. But then when it contracts, time and these multiverses cross into the same line and that is when the whole World seems to implode with strange happenings.

It could explain SOOOO many things. Why we cannot find any carcasses of Bigfoot. Why Nessie appears every so often. Not to mention ghosts, UFO's, aliens etc, etc, etc. They are all in alternative times and dimensions which occassionally bleed into each other.

Usually there is a pattern. Sometimes within a few days to a few months.

Just my interpretation of it all. Maybe I should become the next Doctor

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
well i read your post and it seems like we are almost in harmony when it comes to time. i have been toying with the theory of past present and future and how alternate universe's work out.

no i think if you travelled to the future it woudnt be your own future it would be a tangient one. Possibly close to yours but not the same.

If you take into consideration of all the possible outcomes of spilling your morning coffe and how you would react to it. The possibilities are infinite. (and thats just you).

So when you consider there is maybe 7 billion humans here now on earth, and how they can react to certain situations. the possibility of multiple universe is staggering.

And if you believe in God or a supreme being or whatever, i believe it was done this way on purpose. To experience every possibilty that could ever happen.

And to think there are infinite universe out there with infinite outcomes it causes my brain to melt. LOL

that would also mean there are a infinite me's out there as well as infinite you's. (how does that work with a soul?)

i think travel to the past is possible and have read many interviews of people who have done it mentally.

i believe this is possible with strict meditation. If time dosnt exist, then it has to be a state of being, which reflects consciousness, or even planet wide consciousness. if you can align yourself with that state of consciousness i think its very possible to achieve chronesthesia or mental time travel.

P.S. i think a good portion of U.F.O's are time travelers and what if big foot bury their dead hmmm could be

edit on 10-6-2011 by MachiventaMelchizedek because: brain has melted

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
For someone who is OUTSIDE time-space continuum, there is no past, present and future, since he is beyond that. For this entity, everything that happened, is happening and is going to happen would be laid bare before him. So he can SEE and observe everything at once. That's why this entity is able to "predict" the future.

I talk about this in an article of mine:

In the Qur'an, when God speaks about Abu Lahab and says:

"Perish the two hands of Abu Lahab and perish he! ... He will enter a Fire full of flames!" (Qur'an, 111)

a verse revealed 10 (ten!) years before the death of Abu Lahab, the actual word which is translated as "perish" here is actually IN THE PAST TENSE, as in "he HAS perished" which shows a definitive act, something that has ALREADY happened.

The interesting thing is that the verse being revealed 10 years before the death of Abu Lahab and claiming with CERTAINTY that he will end up in hell, would have been a huge RISK for Muhammad to take. Who's to guarantee that at one point in time Abu Lahab would not become a believer - then this whole prophecy would have been shattered! Although Abu Lahab had ten full years to discredit Muhammad, it is interesting to know that he actually never converted to Islam.
So, how could Muhammad be so sure to claim this vehemently?

Because it was not Muhammad claiming it, it was that ENTITY I described above - it was GOD claiming it, who is already SEEING Abu Lahab in Hell as He is revealing the verse.

That is BTW also the answer to the claim many pose that "no one can predict the future" since the future can be changed.

The point is, God, being outside space-time can already see the changes.

To illustrate to you:

If you say, OK, if God knows I will be eating ice cream tomorrow, and this is "written in some prophecy book" somewhere, than I will NOW decide NOT TO EAT ice cream tomorrow, thus I will "brake" God's prophecy (and change the future).
But, what many do not seem to understand is, that if you do that, and indeed DO NOT eat ice cream tomorrow, then THAT is what is written in the book - the ultimate result would be "written" in the book - thus God sees the DEFINITIVE outcome.
edit on 10/6/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Valid points all and very interesting points of view.

So, is it possible, the prophecies written in the past have somehow shaped the future? In other words, what we have read or heard will happen, will actually cause our future to become reality.

I'm on the fence about different dimensions other than time & space. Because if there is another "higher" dimension, how do we get to there if we are in a constant loop?

Are we cycled back into ourselves until we make this life acceptable in Gods eyes? Then and only then can we move on to our higher selves until we reach the meaning of it all.

I could go on but yeah....

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcellante
You know what... I'm glad someone makes some sort of sense here.

I see time and multiverses like a giant concertina. When it expands everything is right with the World. Nothing strange, peculiar or weird occurs. But then when it contracts, time and these multiverses cross into the same line and that is when the whole World seems to implode with strange happenings.

It could explain SOOOO many things. Why we cannot find any carcasses of Bigfoot. Why Nessie appears every so often. Not to mention ghosts, UFO's, aliens etc, etc, etc. They are all in alternative times and dimensions which occassionally bleed into each other.

Usually there is a pattern. Sometimes within a few days to a few months.

Just my interpretation of it all. Maybe I should become the next Doctor

And from the man himself; timey wimey stuff

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Wibbly wobbly... Stuff!

Gotta love him... And Michio Kaku.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
This thread is NOT about religion or whether or not prophecies are real. Lets just assume that they are actually fact and these things will happen.

If the Bible and other prophecies are true, then wouldn't the future have already happened?

Wouldn't someone/something from the future, time travel back and alter the future from what originally happened?

It is very plausable that we are not the first universe and we may be another alternate universe, of the original copy.

So any decisions we make, good or bad, wouldn't change the future, if it's already happened? It would only create parallel universes opposite this one.

This could be changed for the benefit of humanity or the benefit for a group of elites.

This also could be used to write the Bible for example, hence certain prophets being shown what will happen by angels or God. It also could explain the references of flying disks i.e. wheels, chariots.

Last question, wouldn't it be impossible to travel to the future if the future has not happened yet? Or would we hop into another universe that has already happened?

Anyway, I hope I made sense and didn't confuse anyone. So, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Last question, wouldn't it be impossible to travel to the future if the future has not happened yet?
Yes. If you travel into the future there is nothing there

edit on 10-6-2011 by IDONTBELIEVEMYSELF because: Last question, wouldn't it be impossible to travel to the future if the future has not happened yet?
Back to the future FAQ has some good questions about time travel
edit on 10-6-2011 by IDONTBELIEVEMYSELF because: I am also confussed

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I couldn`t agree more, everything is happening at the same time, right now as we type. The end the beginning the inbetween, the Vertical and the Horizontal is also an illusion.

Originally posted by MachiventaMelchizedek
Time does not exist its an illusion. so the past present and future are happening now.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10
I couldn`t agree more, everything is happening at the same time, right now as we type. The end the beginning the inbetween, the Vertical and the Horizontal is also an illusion.

Originally posted by MachiventaMelchizedek

So in essence "The Matrix."

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

My theory that this material life is like a virtual reality game that we (our souls) have created so that we can help ourselves evolve in a specific way. Before this life, we program all of the events, religions, time, physics, universes, etc. Every single factor of the material world and the esoteric concepts. We create each atom, animal, insect, plant, and human in the universe and then we go and "play" each character so we can have that perspective of life so we can perfect ourselves.

We are all just really into the game and our characters (ego) and we don't realize this is just an illusion (matrix/dream) that we are living. Not until we gain some XPs in our 'Meditating' skills

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

I'm thinking the same thing. All it would take is a Fourth Dimensional being, for whom time would be drastically different, to throw out some predictions into a three dimensional world. Enough of the messages sound good, or come true, and they could easily be set up as a god/deity.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
time isnt an illusion !! time is real ...we r getting older ..we live we diie ..tiime always there ..time 1st appeared whn the big bang happend ! YES somehow we can change time or make it stop BUT 4 sure isnt something to be mistaken n called it an illusion

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
yea its kinda confusing ..:/ but personally i believe we can change the future no matter if already happend or will happen ...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cupcakegirl

yea its kinda confusing ..:/ but personally i believe we can change the future no matter if already happend or will happen ...
You cant change the future.as it has not happened yet
Change the future and the past becomes Obsolete
Change the past the future becomes Obsolete
I am also confused
There is only now i think
I think therfor i am?

join