It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland's Citizens Are Writing Its New Constitution Online, Can The US Do It Too??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

I'll humor you, OP - if this reply isn't 2 months late.

I would totally start by getting rid of the Patriot Act, the NAFTA agreement/law/whatever that allows NAFTA to exist, and I would repeal the federal ban of drugs. I think I would get rid of 70% of the stuff that was written on a federal level, and restore power to the states!

However, I think if you do restore most of the power back to the states, then maybe an idea like this could possibly work... maybe on like a county or district level. That would be a good way to get the communities to come back together to govern themselves.

S&F though, because it does seem really cool that Iceland was able to come together like that. Team work makes the dream work!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

Originally posted by macman
The US does not need a new Constitution.
We need to go back to the Original Intent and Formation of.

I disagree. Times have changed and laws have been changed, repealed and stretched to fit agendas. We need to sit down and really take a look at our laws in general and come to a consensus. The average citizen doesn't even realize what is really illegal or legal and/or why. Why is this allowed but that is not? Example: Marijuana is illegal but cigarettes are not, WHY?? Taxes? The Federal Reserve? WHY?

Let's have a brigade of CITIZENS who police the police. The Freedom of Information Act can use some work too.

Agreed
Burn it all and start over, use the first as a guiding post towards the new...I want a constitution that fits in 10 easy points (which includes all amendments)...we can sum up the entire bill of rights in 1 single paragraph imo that not only protects all people, but should any aliens, dimensional entities, etc visit, they would be covered also...

<< 1   >>

join