It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irony: One German organic farm has killed twice as many people as the Fukushima nuclear disaster and

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The death toll for the Fukushima nuclear disaster is 1, from a heart attack

The death toll for the BP Macondo blowout is 11.

The death toll for E. coli outbreak traced back to a German sprout farm is 29.

Just something to chew on and discuss.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Meh...Fukushima is far from done taking it's toll.
Nor is BP.

You're comparing apples and oranges (or really, grapes and watermelons).

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Your logic is heavily flawed. Sure, the farm caused instant death. Let's see how many people develop cancers in the west coast and in Japan in the next few years and then re-tally the scores. Japan by now is practically uninhabitable yet people are still living there. Let's see how long that lasts.. For your education Linky Not just a meltdown has occured at Fuki - a melt through, all of the containment vessels down into the earth.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I thought they ruled out the German Sprout farms?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
logic schmogic, this is really eye-opening!
not to mention very under-reported!
star 4u

anyone think we'll see any media demands to outlaw sprout farms?
edit on 10-6-2011 by works4dhs because: add line

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
Your logic is heavily flawed. Sure, the farm caused instant death. Let's see how many people develop cancers in the west coast and in Japan in the next few years and then re-tally the scores. Japan by now is practically uninhabitable yet people are still living there. Let's see how long that lasts.. For your education Linky Not just a meltdown has occured at Fuki - a melt through, all of the containment vessels down into the earth.

How, exactly, have you come to the conclusion that Japan is now "practically uninhabitable"? This should be good.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
I thought they ruled out the German Sprout farms?

And I wasn't aware that sprout farms nowadays have bio weapon laboratories and use them to engineer genetically modified killer bacteria.

So far the cause has not been identified (or at least not publicly announced and I promise it never will).

edit on 10-6-2011 by prof7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Last I heard they confirmed it was the sprout farm.

www.cidrap.umn.edu...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Last I heard they confirmed it was the sprout farm.

Sprout farms usually do not produce genetically modified bacteria. They don't have the equipment for that because such equipment is not needed for producing sprouts. So its highly unlikely, unless they found the laboratory.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Originally posted by Bonified Ween

How, exactly, have you come to the conclusion that Japan is now "practically uninhabitable"? This should be good.

This is by Mr. loam Uninhabitale

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
They're saying now it was a German bean sprout farm but they also said initially it was Spanish cucumbers so I'll wait until illnesses and deaths have stopped completely due to E. Coli first then see what's said. Never know with food, anything can contain a certain bacteria.

Good point though in your OP. I mean, as pointed out the radiation will continue to affect but yeah, the oil rig explosion - while sad for the families and friends - had fewer fatalities. Still mad they blame BT and not the American supervisor who allowed the explosion to happen through carelessness but hey.

new topics

top topics

join