It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: End Obamacare, Abolish the IRS, Eliminate Support for Big Government

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Doesn’t a business man, who all his life has taken advantage of what the good the society offers to those in his financial strata, inherently obligate himself to the common social good—by way of hiring citizens to assist him in his business—have an obligation to pay a living wage? And if he doesn’t, does the society have the right to intervene and have an interest in the relationship of this business man and his employees? Since the employees welfare, whether they are happy or unhappy, has an effect on the well being of the society.

Of course it does. Therefore rights are not absolute! Rights are mitigated by myriad interested parties sharing obligations towards each other.
edit on 10-6-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

No, a business owner is not obligated under any way to provide such things. Free will and freedom trump this utopian idea of collectivism and one world crap.
The business is there to serve the business owner(s). The employee is there to work for the business. The business provides a server and/or viable good to a consumer. The business in turn provides a platform to provide money to employee and business owner.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
ron paul gets my vote. and the only person who does. alot of people are scared of change, even when its for the better. think of junkies. they are killing themselves but scared of the change to get better. american society is a bunch of junkies and are scared of change for the better, an might be scared of the withdrawal symptoms that will come from a healing america, or recovering if you will. ron paul is the only person i have heard with a viable way to get these junkies the help they/we need. but it will be a long hard road. kicking bad habits is never easy.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

is this the hug a ron paul thread?

30 years and we still don't know him guy?

just wondering.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by macman

is this the hug a ron paul thread?

30 years and we still don't know him guy?

just wondering.

If you don't know him, you have not done your research.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
ron paul gets my vote. and the only person who does. alot of people are scared of change, even when its for the better. think of junkies. they are killing themselves but scared of the change to get better. american society is a bunch of junkies and are scared of change for the better, an might be scared of the withdrawal symptoms that will come from a healing america, or recovering if you will. ron paul is the only person i have heard with a viable way to get these junkies the help they/we need. but it will be a long hard road. kicking bad habits is never easy.

good, vote ron.

he will kill this country faster than obama is doing.

you ready for that? he will abolish the fed? really? and live to tell about it?

he sounds like a broken record. from 89' to now. stay in the congress ron.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

good, vote ron.

He's not the only broken record here, is he?

But broken is something the left knows all too well.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

ok, you people who are pushing this no government is good government crap need to do some honest research, and see how much everybody depends on government to maintain some type of civility, and our basic way of american life, and to do that costs alot of damn money.

A country can't truly run without any government at all. Nobody here is saying "no government is good government". But a Constitutionally-limited government is necessary to keep bureaucracy from taking hold and ruining any semblance of law.

all you rich bastards need to start paying a larger share of taxes, and quit whining about how it is "YOUR MONEY"...guess what...IT ISN"T...why? because that's the ticket price you have to pay to live in a decent country. you don't like big government or high taxes? go live in nigeria, or laos, nothing to worry about there, right?...jesus, what a bunch of 5 year olds.

You practically scream "I'm jealous because you have money and I don't!! WHAAA!!" and you call us 5 year-olds? I make $41,200 a year for a family of three (that's lower-middle class, by the way), and I still couldn't care less how much money Bill Gates has.

The rest of your rant against people that have more than you is just a useless diatribe. Bring something to the table other than "you have more than me" and maybe someone will take you seriously.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I don't understand why Americans are so opposed to universal healthcare. Why should only those "Born Into The Purple" receive good healthcare. A child with wealthy parents will usually be wealthy himself. He didn't earn it. It was given to him.

America like to paint itself as a place where anyone can become anything they want, but that is simply not the case. This Ayn Randism disgusts me. There are many people out there that could be the best scientists, business leaders and so on, but because they were born poor, they won't get the proper nutrition their developing brain needs, won't get the education that they would excel at, and won't get the healthcare that they need.

It's no wonder that (and this is in order) Georgia, Cuba, Estonia, Latvia, Barbados, Slovenia, Belarus, Lithuania, Ukraine, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Russia, Hungary, Kyrgyzstan, Poland,Tonga, Albania, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, North Korea, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Guyana, Iceland, Ireland, Japan, South Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, and The United Kingdom are more literate than the USA.

It's also no wonder that (this is also in order) France, Italy, San Marino, Andorra, Malta, Singapore, Spain, Oman, Austria, Japan, Norway, Portugal, Monaco, Greece, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Ireland, Switzerland, Belgium, Colombia, Sweden, Cyprus, Germany, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Israel, Morocco, Canada, Finland, Australia, Chile, Denmark, Dominica, and Costa Rica have better healthcare Than the USA.

Just sayin'

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I love it that Americans like Ron Paul are complaining about free trade now that the US dollar makes it bad for you. Free trade was Fing Canada left right and center till our dollars became par. Now that Canada is getting something out of it Free trade isn't fair anymore. Hell even Mexico is doing a bit better because of it now. I agree that the FTA should never have been passed in the first place but it was pushed on Canada and Mexico, and wasn't good for either nation. Now that it's ok for Canada and Mexico, Americans want to kill it. LOL

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
We need to make our government better, not abolish it so that private interests can take complete advantage of us without any possibility of interference.

Private interests have been lobbying, funding, and interfering in government for decades in order to be less constrained by it. If we just get rid of it all together, we'll save them huge amounts of money and who knows how much time.

edit on 11-6-2011 by beansanmash because: added 2nd paragraph

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

good, vote ron.

/TOA

Yes the left knows broken from constantly trying to fix the rights mistakes.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Ive only been paying in for 12 years, but i've also never collected a dime from them in any type of assistance including unemployement. So to answer your question, YES absolutely they can keep what ive pain in if it meant i'd never have to pay in again.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by The Old American

good, vote ron.

/TOA

Yes the left knows broken from constantly trying to fix the rights mistakes.

Which mistakes?

Continual wars? Nope, the left keeps on bombing.
Fewer people imprisoned for small infractions? Negative, ghostrider, the prisons are full.
The Patriot Act? Harry Reid would like a word with you.

Do I need to keep listing the mistakes that the left can't seem to stop perpetuating?

/TOA
edit on 11-6-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Here we go.... another "sheep" who knows absolutely nothing about Ron Paul but has to spout off incorrect information because he/she is too ignorant to debate the facts.

He's never taken a dime from any special interest groups.

He gives back any monies for his congressional budget that weren't used for operating expenses...every year!

He wants to get rid of the IRS as it was never actually ratified by the states and shouldn't be given the power to levy direct taxes without apportioning as stated by the Constitution. We shouldn't be taxing people's production, we should be taxing there consumption on a state level...

It doesn't mean increased funding of private industry... it means put the powers back with the states, where it belongs!... to eliminate our bloated, wasteful federal government.

Try addressing the facts. First, you'll have to care enough about what is going on in our country to educate yourself just a tad.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

How can you privatize something
already illegal ?????
He is condoning criminal activity.

Come on man.. he's doing what he can with what he's got, in order to make what some might view as 'radical' policy changes as smooth of a transition as possible for the people

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Continual wars? Nope, the left keeps on bombing.

Noo, no no you got it all wrong: The RIGHT takes our tax money to bomb countries, and the LEFT takes our money and gives it to others in the form of transfer payments. and they BOTH take our money and pad corporation's pockets.

Plain and simple
edit on 11-6-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

The other possible choices for POTUS aren't exactly shining examples of great leadership, but we've got to start somewhere.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

With all due respect, all your words lack logic, and behind them are most likely some kind of dogmatic prejudice because you seem like a reasonable person but your ideas are not.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ABSOLUTE RIGHTS! PERIOD!

And just because you lack the intellectual capacity to understand me, doesn’t mean it is as you say: Psychobabble, therein you just confess to your own ignorance, despite your redundant wordiness, in which is a bad replacement for COMMON SENSE and the simple capacity to understand abstract thought, as well as basic logic.

Behind all your wordiness and confessions to love liberty is a primitive form of linear thinking that testifies to your rudimentary ignorance.

edit on 11-6-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The more I hear Paul talk, the more I'm convinced he'd be a complete disaster as President. That whole interview was full of scare tactics (It was on Fox, so no big surprise).

Doctors quitting? Where is the evidence of that?

"Socialized medicine" Ohhh, scary! If only it were actually true!

Paul seems to believe in a totally unregulated free market, which would be a complete disaster, IMO. Look at how bad things are now, it would only get a lot worse with that approach.

The only thing I can't figure out at this point is whether Paul is purposely misleading people with his economic plans (which would only benefit the wealthy) or if he honestly believes in them. He really does seem to be sincere so I'll go with the latter.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Oh look, a guy heavily invested in, and heavily funded by big pharma wants to end the closest thing to public health care we've ever had. What a non-surprise. oh, he wants to shut down the IRS, too? Soon as he starts working for free. Eliminate support for big government, roughly translated as increase public funding of private industry; Down with big government, up with MegaCorp.

With less government, you have more choice as to where your money goes, whether to a mega corp., or a local business, as opposed to how it is now, which is exactly the same as what you accused Paul of being for. As it stands, the large corporations are in cahoots with the government (think bailouts of the "too big to fails," or Blackwater, for instance).

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join