It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orangutan Saves Baby Chick from Drowning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

"Orangutan noticed a little baby bird in distress in a zoo pond, then saves the chick. Afterwards it was given an exam to make sure it was ok

What a lovely video this is
he did what a human would do normaly

did we came from monkey in our evolution afterall ??
after watching the video .. they really are not that far from us

i once saw a hipo trying to rescusitate a gazelle with a mouth to mouth

Animal DO CARE.. and this is the proof of it once again
edit on 6/10/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

No humans will walk past and think its not my problem.. and carry on with thier lives..

And 2 we didnt come from monkeys.. I learned that found something that was before animals were on this planet.. a footprint of some sort dating 260 million yrs ago.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

No humans will walk past and think its not my problem.. and carry on with thier lives..

The ones who care i was refering to
for once i was saying that we have the potential to do such thing
not the contrary ..
you ruined the moment
lol

And 2 we didnt come from monkeys.. I learned that found something that was before animals were on this planet.. a footprint of some sort dating 260 million yrs ago.

I dont believe myself that we are from monkey ..
aliens planted us here like trees for the gold mines

260 million yrs ago .. human existed ??
why we didnt find any human bones in the T-Rex estomac lol
nah we are not that old
we are pretty new actually

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The ones who care i as refering to
for once i was saying that we have the potential to do such thing
not the contrary ..
you ruin the moment
lol

There was something i seen on ats recently about human compassion or the lack of..

They did a thing where they put these people on the street dresses as bums and nobody would help them, there were a few real life cases where someone was hit(bum) and laid dying for 28 minutes till he got help.. He later died..

Another case in NYC I think it is where this lady was being attacked and the suspect stabbed this womans helper and he laid bleeding to death for a long while.. He later died..

In the study they did above. a normal person between a few sex, a bum lets just say over 10 minutes..

And the last part you stated I aint up wit the science of how we got here so I cant comment I read that one post here a few days ago and thought it was massively interesting.. I know more about 9/11 than how we got here.. That is the age old question I will never be able to answer.. considering i dont believe we came from monkeys and god put us here.. I just leave that open to whatever... I do however sometimes think we are here cause of aliens because of the video game spore...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Maybe you might walk past and carry on with your life, but I certainly wouldn't.

OP - lovely vid.

Humans behave like animals - now animals are behaving like humans :O

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Maybe you might walk past and carry on with your life, but I certainly wouldn't.

Ya the guy that tries to save baby mice on a constant basis would walk past someone in trouble... meh ya.. sounds right?

Oh and the irony of your statement kills my sig.. isnt that funny?
edit on 6/10/2011 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

There was something i seen on ats recently about human compassion or the lack of..

They did a thing where they put these people on the street dresses as bums and nobody would help them, there were a few real life cases where someone was hit(bum) and laid dying for 28 minutes till he got help.. He later died..

Another case in NYC I think it is where this lady was being attacked and the suspect stabbed this womans helper and he laid bleeding to death for a long while.. He later died..

In the study they did above. a normal person between a few sex, a bum lets just say over 10 minutes..

And the last part you stated I aint up wit the science of how we got here so I cant comment I read that one post here a few days ago and thought it was massively interesting.. I know more about 9/11 than how we got here.. That is the age old question I will never be able to answer.. considering i dont believe we came from monkeys and god put us here.. I just leave that open to whatever... I do however sometimes think we are here cause of aliens because of the video game spore...

Well i know some people who will be the first to risk their lifes to save others .. my self included
i wouldnt stand there watching some animal or human in danger
but there quite a large % of heartless people sadly that would look like nothing happen

i also know a lot more about 9/11 then our origins lol
God was probably a powerfull alien who wanted to create somekind of a heaven right here
he made us in his image after all .. at least a small part of ourself is not from this earth

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's just amazing to see such a powerful creature being so gentle. I'm not sure what his actual motives were, checking to see if it's food, pure curiosity, trying to save it, etc. But either way, still an amazing video.

I'm sure there are probably teenagers out there that would have taken that chick out of the water and set it on fire or something awful. By no means am I one of those anti-human people, but some people are just rotten and do terrible things, just like there are animals that are just rotten and do terrible things. It seems like intelligence and sadistic behavior go hand in hand, the more intelligent a species is, the more evil they are capable of. But this great ape seems to be one of the good souls out there, it's pretty obvious, like I said regardless of his intentions, that he was trying his best not to harm that little chick. Some humans could learn a thing or two.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Ya the guy that tries to save baby mice on a constant basis would walk past someone in trouble... meh ya.. sounds right?

Oh and the irony of your statement kills my sig.. isnt that funny?
edit on 6/10/2011 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

Ok. I have re-read your first post.

You said, 'no, humans will walk past and carry on with their lives.' I assumed you were referring to, and speaking for, yourself in your statement - because I am human, and I wouldn't walk past anyone or anything in trouble.

Or are you saying that ALL humans except yourself would walk past?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Orangutans are amazing apes. This story is about an orang who met up with a dog, the first time they met they came together as if they'd known each other for a long time:

And this story about orphaned orang and tiger cubs being pals.

Orang and Tiger Cubs

(Sorry inserting vid doesn't work for me)
edit on 6/10/2011 by czygyny because: embedding woes

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Hey Ben I wanted to point this thread out for ya..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its the one i was telling you about them finding a human footprint or something like a gajillion years ago..

7. 290 Million Years Old Human Footprints! *New* (The 290 to 248 million years old New Mexico Footprints)

And my statement i said NO, I meant MOST people wouldn't stop and help.. No i didnt mean that.. But most wouldnt.. I know that just from experience...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The orangutan was really slow to figure out that the baby chick needed to be rescued. I felt that it was pinching the bird too hard. But at least the humans got some nice video footage to show how people wouldn't risk be liable for trespassing on zoo property just to save a tiny life.

new topics

top topics

join