It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have seen the veil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
OP, Blessings to you and your experience. many more to you.

It is unbelievable to me that someone shares a metaphysical & spiritual experience and other posters still find a way to "correct" them and argue about. You can't argue with subjective experience. Rather, just share your own, which is likely different.

OP - you may find this helpful in your journey's developments: Life Bliss

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There really is a sort of incomprehensible vastness, seeming infinity, curled up into every point in existence. The tuning of the human mind in the proper method provides a sort of communion between experience and this infinity. I think most of us can agree, more or less, on this.

However the next step must be to develop a system whereby this can be achieved with ease, expertise, and repeatability. I foresee a merging of our fantastic technological capabilities with these ancient transcendental practices. Do you realize how important this could be? Think beyond the mere propagation of the species - this is the key to becoming like Gods, to become the masters of time and space.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Ryan Peeler experienced his mother being wrapped by the far wall of the room, and then watched as worms ate through that wall from inside where she remained in its embrace, spilling out onto the floor and moving threateningly toward him. It was more real than real, and he knew he had to do something about it, so he beat his mother to death. He didn't kill her at that time. He killed her later, when her feet began stealing the oxygen from his lungs as she entered his room with dinner. He knew that she was on to him, and that only he knew what was really going on with her.

Ryan still thinks he saved the world that evening when he attacked and beat her to a pulp, but what he really did was murder one of my best friends. The only person on Earth that still cared about him.

Experience means nothing when the only information your brain can come up with is perception and interpretation. Too much affects the mind's ability to come to an accurate assessment, and while that gives humanity the exclusive ability to dream the impossible, it cripples our ability to declare the parameters of reality with any reliable precision.

I'd take that vision as something beautiful that you experienced, and let it go at that.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I used to meditate, fast, and pray a lot more also, and backslid from spiritual practices the last couple years. I have used this spring season to rekindle my meditative practices, and I am happy I am reaching new bounds. Perhaps you can do the same when you are ready

reply to post by kalunom

Originally posted by kalunom]

Of course it can. It can also be imagined quite easily. I'm just pointing out that reaching this 'state' is much more difficult when having in a distracting/active environment.

My friend, have you ever tried to meditate in a deep forest or by a river side? I assure you that nature is its very own environment with its own distractions. I already mentioned to you the difficulties of transcending insects and sitting on hard earth. But also you must transcend the sounds of birds, squirrels, chipmunks, and all sorts of carrying-ons of the animals. Even the beaming sun and wind can easily become distractions. As I mentioned, deep forest meditation so far presented me with the most annoying and stimulating distractions.

edit on 6/10/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Peace and Blessings to you

Thank you for the wonderful and encouraging words

I was, indeed, simply giving an explanation of my personal experience. There may be a better word to describe my experience than the veil, but it's the best I could relate it with words. I also do not believe I have reached any definitive plateaus, which invigorates me to the possibilities of more. I will explore the site that you linked. Yoga, Vedas... I learn and understand truth from as many different sources as I can. I have not yet discovered any teachings of Hinduism, however this may be a great start. Peace be with you my friend

reply to post by Son of Will

I enjoy seeing the infinite infinities all around me. The Mandelbrot fractal animations really helped me understand this concept. And wow oh wow if we could experience the years of discipline of a Tibetan Monk, enter the Dream World of the Aborigines, or access the Akashic Records with an electrode or pill!!! Any realm easily accessible with the flip of a switch. Wow, I can barely fathom those possibilities! There are researchers out there trying to unlock those possibilities.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Now for the real test, try and recreate that experience in a room full of people and not out by yourself in the forest. I'm not trying to demean your experience, which is wonderful, it's just that experiencing the interconnectedness of all things and life while alone in the forest is but one experience. It's quite another to do so while driving in rush-hour traffic.

Ha!!!! I know personally people who are in that state 24/7, even in a gigantic sports stadium filled with a million people .....the folks permanently grounded in the Absolute Truth are unshakable and cannot be tricked back into Duality

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by kalunom

Now for the real test, try and recreate that experience in a room full of people and not out by yourself in the forest. I'm not trying to demean your experience, which is wonderful, it's just that experiencing the interconnectedness of all things and life while alone in the forest is but one experience. It's quite another to do so while driving in rush-hour traffic.

Ha!!!! I know personally people who are in that state 24/7, even in a gigantic sports stadium filled with a million people .....the folks permanently grounded in the Absolute Truth are unshakable and cannot be tricked back into Duality

I am sometimes able to maintain this state for an hour or two regardless of my environment. But I can usually get to this state once a day.
edit on 10-6-2011 by smithjustinb because: qerhqwerhqwerh

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Cheers to that indeed! Excellent observations, and best of luck to you in your endeavors.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I am sometimes able to maintain this state for an hour or two regardless of my environment. But I can usually get to this state once a day.

can you post a "how to'? I'm sure that would be of interest to many folks here

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

to see the veil, the illusion, is great but i want to know what is behind the veil, what is truth...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

can you post a "how to'? I'm sure that would be of interest to many folks here

Love your self. Love everything. Know that when you are loving your self you are loving others because all is one and everything is you. Look into people's eyes and see your self.

Loving your self is critical and probably step one in trying to perceive oneness. After that know that the love that you have for yourself is the love you have for everything else.

Hopefully, if you get good at it, you could even go as far as to being able to feel other people's souls and communicate telepathically.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join