It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives reject youth wing, talk taxes:Delegates Conservative convention also back resolution o

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Federal Conservatives attending the party's first post-election convention in Ottawa this weekend have backed a resolution on treason and have voted against creating a separate youth wing of the party, as they consider policy and party constitution amendments.

More than 2,000 party delegates are discussing ideas the party should push now that Conservatives hold a majority in both houses of Parliament.

This doesn't really matter that much but...this paragraph tucked in the middle here:

The resolution states that any Canadian citizen, "whether by birth or by naturalized grant of Canadian citizenship or by claim of landed immigrant or refugee status" who "takes up arms against the Canadian Forces or the Forces of Canada’s Allies automatically invalidates his or her Canadian citizenship or claim" and "should be tried for high treason under the Canadian Criminal Code" if they return to Canada.

This would be very scary resolution if it goes through. Does this mean If I defend myself against a Canadian forces soldier that I would have my citizenship stripped from me and tried forhigh treason?, Would I be deported? Or just tried and hung?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What this means is if you pass gas to loudly you'll get the electric chair.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dug88
www.cbc.ca...

This doesn't really matter that much but...this paragraph tucked in the middle here:

The resolution states that any Canadian citizen, "whether by birth or by naturalized grant of Canadian citizenship or by claim of landed immigrant or refugee status" who "takes up arms against the Canadian Forces or the Forces of Canada’s Allies automatically invalidates his or her Canadian citizenship or claim" and "should be tried for high treason under the Canadian Criminal Code" if they return to Canada.

This would be very scary resolution if it goes through. Does this mean If I defend myself against a Canadian forces soldier that I would have my citizenship stripped from me and tried forhigh treason?, Would I be deported? Or just tried and hung?

I'm certain that if a drunk RCAN guy went after you and you defended yrself they wouldn't consider you a traitor.
otherwise, why would you take on your own military?
I think 'take up arms' is the key phrase.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53a33ab0b681.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 10-6-2011 by works4dhs because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2011 by works4dhs because: add photo

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It's kind of the same wording America uses for people who commit treason. If you punch a soldier because he pisses you off probably not much is going to happen. I believe this was written for far broader implications such as trying to organize revolutions or helping terrorists cause mass destruction.

The world is changing into a far different place than it was in the past and governments sometimes have to amend their laws or create new ones to deal with the new threats that exist. I'm actually surprised something like this wasn't already written into law a long time ago so they are probably putting it there now as they anticipate the law being required for somebody in the future.

new topics

top topics

join