It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The psychology of Homosexuality

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hiasyouwant
Curing homosexuality would equate to curing religion

Can't agree there. Religion is (usually) forced on people when they are young. They're told it's real over and over until they believe it. Homosexuality, however is there from birth and is just as natural as heterosexuality, just not as common.

And if they "cured" homosexuality the world wouldn't change much except for a few extra kids being born. If they cured Religion, the world would be far less violent. Less war, less honor killings, less BS.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthShallLive

My god man. Eugenics much. Statements like yours are the kind of arguments they used to sterilize African Americans in the 30's in the US.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Chindogu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Feelings are not permanant

You need to meditate and study on this more. The statement that feeling are not permanent is to simple. Feeling are not real because they are temporary and we do control them. Feelings are real because we experience them.
The point of the knowledge is to learn to experience without judgement or reaction.

Now, im in no way saying that everyone who attempts to correct or align their consciousness - which is dominantly feminine(in the case of a male)- with their physical body - which is masculine - will always suceed

Correct or align their consicousness? To what? Heterosexuality? I can only guess that is what you are implying.

Metaphysically speaking their is no "correct", there only is. The judgement of right or wrong are two points on the same scale so arbitrary.

This society we live in has an agenda. And this agenda lies in Liberalism.
There are many agendas at play and this society is not dominated by the liberal agenda. It is equally #ed up from everyones agenda. What I thought was getting more thoughtful just became politically biased.
The conservatives of course are just waiting to tear open their button down shirts so we can see the "S"emblazoned on their chest. With the metaphysical slant to your post I am surprised to see the Left Right paradigm.

So why cant homosexuals overcome their feelings?
Why do you want them too? Again, from the metaphysical slant you seem rather preoccupied with things that are not party to metaphysics. Maybe I am just misreading your post. I do that sometimes.

Im not going to judge or moralize to my cousin.

Wow, I think the fact you made this post shows that you have already judged your cousin and found him to be defective.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Didnt expect to see this topic on ATS, but its a great discussion.

I dont think that there is on clear path to being a homo, for some it could be a coping mechinisim to childhood abuse) but i know gay people that say they have never been molested. my old neighbor was a post op transsexual, she formally he had an extremely abusive father. both towards shim and hehers mother. she hated her father so much she wanted to be a woman. i dont have a problem with gay people. ill go as far a saying they should be able to adopt as long as they dont have history of abuse. anyway thats my 2 cents good topic. star

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

From what you say, it seems you yourself are in the closet. More often then not the people who are against homosexuality are having homosexual thoughts and use their hatred as a way to bury their desires. Just like you are trying to say being liberal has to do with the worship of pagan gods. You are truly trying to find an excuse to hate people that you truly relate to. It's high time that people realize being gay is not a crime against anyone or anything. The main issue people have with being gay is the fact that it goes against what some ancient book supposedly written by "God". You have to say that it can be changed otherwise your religious beliefs fall apart, because since everyone is made in God's own image, that would mean if you're born gay then being gay is part of God, but that would go against what the bible says. So you are trying to justify your religious beliefs by having hatred against those that are homosexual. It's time to move past your religion and understand that we are all humans and we must be accepting and loving of our fellow man.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
long story short...
you are so obsessed with what everyone around you does and thinks that their opinions are all that is important to you.
grow up, who cares what other people think.

I am very happy with my bf, and it's not a choice i spent the first 8 years of my dating life trying to cover it up and make due with girls. Now don't get me wrong i LIKE girls they just don't do it for me. For the first time I am actually happy.... the funny thing is, even without your prejudices religion and being gay I am probably still a better, and much nicer person than most you will meet. HOWEVER, I keep it to my self in the real world, it isn't an advertisement and I don't care if people approve, we are happy and thats what matters, but it is inappropriate and unnecessary to show off in public, and that goes for strait couple too.

Being religious makes you a good person as much as being gay makes you evil... If you honestly can't accept your cousins relationship because of your faith then you need to make a choice. do you love your family or your false god???

these threads make me so mad... sorry if i'm rambling

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

i especially disapprove of anal sex/oral sex etc. I'll get to my reasoning for this later

I didn't catch the reasoning for thee above...
can you elaborate

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Apparently we are supposed to block out our emotions and feelings and just have nothing and like it...

the OP seems to think thats better than the alternative and then people will have good thoughts about us and everyone will be happy... to bad the op is an ignorant gook

What other kinds of "sex" are available... are we supposed to just look at each other, Oh yah.. its wrong I forgot, we aren't aloud to have sex, we made that choice when we chose to be gay right???
edit on 11-6-2011 by GummB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Are there any situations of there being gay animals of any sort?

Honestly, The human condition is that now. We've forgotten laws of procreation, even I am guilty of sex for gratification....but really, sex is about procreating. I understand this concept but find it hard to live by. I'm Human, we don't live by the laws of nature anymore. We use more than we put back. We drag rock up out of the earth and condense it into poisonous metals, but never figured out a way to dump it, except currently into our oceans and atmosphere (I thought maybe launching it into the sun might be the only way to destroy it). We poison our oceans, pollute our environments, let our leaders murder and kill thousands upon thousands, millions upon millions, in the name of religion, or justice or revenge. We are sick, twisted, unharmonious, disconnected creatures who don't deserve the right to use this planet anymore, unfortunately very few of our species can claim to not be any of the above.

This fact is represented in absolutely every human form in the present. I do not judge people who are gay because let those who have not broken the laws of nature cast the first stone. I simply love everyone in their own right. A human is a human regardless of their sexual orientation, and until we ALL live by the Laws of Nature, none of us can even raise tongue on such a subject.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
In my opinion, the OP is correct...at least for the most part. Homosexuality is a choice, a decision, an urge. There is no physical difference as in someone born without a limb, someone with a medical condition, etc. It is not a physical difference...therefore...it is a feeling. Unless science discovers a DNA difference, a different level of chemicals in the body, etc...it will remain a decision in my opinion.

I'm not implying that people shouldn't have that choice...but that it is "apples and oranges" to compare being gay to being black, disabled, etc. That argument is just stupid and made through a lack of logical understanding, and instead, issued for emotional retaliation. It reeks of the same comparison of serial-killer, pedophile, politician or priest...being "the way someone was born". No one was "born to be" anything other than what they choose to make of their lives...again...unless there is a physical or mental issue involved. (Note: So I guess if you call homosexuality a mental problem...I couldn't argue that)

An urge to have sex outdoors, with children, with animals, with multiple people, etc. is just that...a choice. Don't be ignorant and pretend that such choices make you a different type of person. Your not, and I'm so sick of that argument. If you are gay and proud of it...good for you! I won't judge you differently...I won't discriminate against you...and most important of all...I won't label you. Though many gay people tend to like labeling themselves and attempt to "force" people to accept their choices. But remember...no one is obligated to accept anyone's choices. That is the decision of the viewer. But logically and scientifically, you are still the sex you were born...male or female. Your choices and decisions within that sex are your choice.

So again...I believe the OP is correct.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

so every time you have sex its with the intensions of procreating... you clearly never owned a dog

how many kids do you have??

sorry but your argument is nil, even animals do things for pleasure

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Your premise is especially flawed, OP.

I can appreciate your obvious concern for someone close to you who is having the 'gay' feelings, but no amount of 'realignment' is going to change their path.

You have made quite a bit of assumptions, and metaphysically, they are non-sequiters.

It does not follow that the 'feeling' of being homosexual can be compared to the 'feeling' of an emotion.

Yes, emotions are fleeting, and can be manipulated by the mind, but the personal identifiers we come to understand as aspects of our personality are not so easily sloughed off.

Could you realign your chakras and get rid of your ability to draw? Or gain a sense of humor? It is not possible. But the problem, the conflict, is not in your friend....

Out of respect for you, and your religion, let me make one thing abundantly clear: Homosexuality is not a choice.

If you will but look around at the society that we live in, and have lived in, you will see that it makes it extremely difficult for anyone who does not equate to the 'norm.' No one would 'choose' to be despised, outcast, denigrated, abused, and brutalized. If you haven't heard of Matthew Shepard, maybe you should look him up.

This is who they ARE. They are here and they are queer, so get used to it.

The good news is that, eventually, your religion will catch up, and it will be okay again to be non-judgemental towards your friends and relatives who are gay. Remember when Rock N Roll was strictly the 'devil's music?'
Church ideologies change. One day, this will go away as a major religious concern.

Until then, learn ALL of the Ten Commandments, not just the easy ones.

Did it occur to you that perhaps there are more gay people today than when the Bible was written because there are more people? Perhaps it's God's way of keeping the population under control. You have someone to love, yet you don't breed...

Until you can get over your problems with the types of sex that gay people have, please keep it to yourself. Your friends and relatives who are gay have plenty of other issues to deal with than your morbid fascination with their sex lives. Even if you mean well, it's not your business.

I think you are putting far too much trust in your church, and not enough in God.

Admit to yourself that you cannot possibly know His mind, nor His intentions, not even through the study of His Book, and you will begin to understand that God's plan is always better than yours.

If there are Gay people, it is because God wants there to be.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Another great point!!! We "humans" have somehow decided that we are better choice makers than nature or whatever (if any) God you believe in. Sticking with nature...our choices will be our downfall. It won't be a meteor, earthquake, etc. that kills the human race. It will be one or multiple things the human race creates that either never existed in nature (new virus, etc.) or through our use of a natural product, in an ignorant manner (radiation, etc.)

If we were to live "with" nature instead of opposing or "correcting" it...we might be around for a very long time. Sorry to say though...I don't see that happening.
edit on 6/11/2011 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Why do you like the opposite sex? You just do.

Is that a choice, or is that just what your chemicals and hormones respond to?

Are you consciously making the choice to be straight? I don't think so.

And if one more person equates homosexuality with pedophilia, I'm going to nuke the entire Interwebs.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

there is only one part of your post I strongly agree with, surprisingly due to your stance

it seems a huge portion of the gay community feels it necessary to "show off", if they are happy with a partner thats all that should matter there is no need to flash it to the world. Personally I don't want to go out and see two guys holding hands or two chicks making out or for that matter a girl and a guy fornicating... keep it to the privacy of your own homes.

It is offensive to everyone to put on a show like that, those people bother me but it's not their sexual orientation its their ignorance.

other than that you need to realize it isn't a choice, like i said above I have tried the alternative more than once and it really doesn't work, no procreation happening there. If you think it is well their is no convincing you, i'm sure you chose your skin and eye colour too

AND AGREE WE ARE NOT PEDOPHILES... to my knowledge most pedophiles are straight and target the opposite sex.
edit on 11-6-2011 by GummB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

You have a point. So I guess you prefer a seafood vs steak explanation? Ok. I prefer steak...but have a choice of what to order from the menu.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GummB

so every time you have sex its with the intensions of procreating... you clearly never owned a dog

how many kids do you have??

sorry but your argument is nil, even animals do things for pleasure

I have 3 kids. No, as I said, even I have Sex for Gratification. Please ensure you read the words carefully as I see the subject has your eyes blinded by a red mist.

The problem with your reply is in the word 'Dog'...being singular.

Now, had that dog had a female partner, would he not prefer to mate with her, over a cushion? It is humans choice to keep that dog from a partner.

As far as I can tell, Humans have the only Gay species of animal on the planet. But I cant and wont judge, because I drive a car to work everyday when I could ride a bike...I leave the heater running all night when I could just throw extra blankets on the bed. This is what we humans do. Along the line we decided we weren't going to live by the Laws of Nature...and this shows in ALL things in our planet, so please stop being selfish and thinking this is just about you, when there are millions of life dying from oil, radiation and oil dispersant chemicals...all by our hand.

edit on 11-6-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Does anyone remember when this site was fun? Does anyone remember this site before leftist nutjobs and judgmental hypocrites saturated what used to be quality postings and information backed by fact?

As a gay man myself, I not only find your post to be annoying, but childish. It's people like you that make this world so irritating. Who the heck cares what anyone else does or doesn't do? Sounds like you need to be a little more introverted and shut up while you attempt to learn about yourself. If I were your cousin, I'd be ashamed to call you a relative, let alone a friend.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits

And if one more person equates homosexuality with pedophilia, I'm going to nuke the entire Interwebs.

That is another point I have to agree with. I even hesitate when I use that example. I don't mean to compare a person's lifestyle choice to a crime...I really don't! My point was that EVEN a pedophile can decide not to act on their urges. If they don't act...they are not a pedophile. Same with homosexual...a person can decide not to act on that urge. If they don't...they are no more gay than the other person is a pedophile. Until the thought police get involved. Therefore...it is a choice. Not a choice of how to feel, but a choice of IF you act on that urge and become the label.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Yes, but you ALWAYS order the same meal, so how can you tell?

You don't choose to be straight, you ARE straight. They don't choose to be gay. They just ARE GAY.

And there are Homosexuals in every mammilian species, so it IS natural.
It may be rarer than being straight, but red pandas are rarer than regular pandas.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join