It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The psychology of Homosexuality

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

The OP in his/her post reminds us of the psychology of closed statements (of so-called facts).
...beginning with the 'factual' premise that there is something wrong/evil/unnatural about homosexuality.
Hey, how about we all divert our attention away from our own 'sins'?!
Vainglory is 'sin'.
Weaving spurious religious and psychological argument together to shore up a weak and unformed position is peurile.
Another poster beat me to the pip...change this vaingloriousness in your attitude, and then cast your stones honey...
Poster needs to be far more concerned with thier own 'path' to godhead, rather than others'...while you are concentrating on others' path, what attention are you paying to your own?
Grow up child! Take care of your own soul. God has given us all eternity to get to where we are going. And you do not speak for god, do not assume you know what god thinks, feels, wants.
Cheers
Akushla

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
reply to post by Annee

I do not believe that all gays are effeminate, nor does it state that anywhere in my post. In this particular case, with my nephew, he was. Please let's not put words in my mouth. Thank you.

I'm not - - and I was polite. It was not meant to offend you

Its how others interpret that is my concern. I do my best to correct the gay stereotype.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If you want to change somethting in your life, get rid of anything which whispers intollerance, prejudice or hatred into your ears. You sound like a good, intelligent, free thinking person, but you are possessed by spirits which preach hatred. Step into the light and cast off those fear mongering haters you carry with you, and accept and love all of Gods creation.

This is a perfect exampole of religion taking a decent young man and turning him into something horrible. Teaching him that despite the love and respect he has for his gay cousin, homosexuality is actually wrong, and that everything you think about it based ob your own family and experience is also wrong. Preaching intollerance and hate to a decent young bloke. A bloke who writes these long complicated threads on here to try and get to the bottom of his confusion, because he knows inside himself there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, but is struggling to allign his personal possition with that if his religion.

Mate, listen to the voice inside you - your own voice, the first voice you hear before you start thinking about it. That is Gods word. If God can speak to Moses, he can speak to you too, and he does every day. Listen to him, not the words of old fools!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Cheers
You took the words right outta my mouth...
Akushla

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

Yeah, that's good. I hope that you two can one day reconnected.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
@OP

You didn't directly state your religion and I presumed that was on purpose. Is it Kabbalah or not?

I find it interesting/ strange that you leave it to psychology to effectively settle your point. Even though it quite obviously will not settle it even if evidence could point either way. It is almost insulting that you declare what the right thing is and then try to give a bit of science for us 'unenlightened' to understand the 'truth'.

This argument of it not being 'natural' is quite bizaare. Practically everything in our modern world is 'unnatural' and the fact you are using a computer and the internet suggests you have no problem with that. The way you try to dissect peoples lifestyles and views by considering environmental and cultural factors is of course necessary but to do that and then leave your initial predisposition entirely unexamined is ridiculous.

Please say that you realize your ways and beliefs can be as immaterial or 'incorrect' as you think others to be because of environmental and cultural factors.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoopinator
reply to post by Annee

I'm done with this. Go back to your MSN and make your apologies for our country. When the BS starts and you're cowering in a corner, you can thank people like me for defending your non-deserving behind. Having pride in your country isn't ego. It's patriotism. That's become such a bad word as of late. Read the Constitution.

Oh, and by the way...I'm all about progression. God knows we've learned a lot from stupid mistakes. At least some of us have. I simply refuse to be bred out of existence by you liberals and all Anti-Americans. Being American is not something to be ashamed of.

Being gay or liberal is not anti American. If anything you're already anti American due to every one being a Corporation within the greater Corp of the US. Your soul was bought long ago under the banner of patriotism.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I was born with a tendency to be left-handed. During my toddler years, my parents tried to coax me into using my right hand for picking stuff up, and later, for writing. However, by my teens I reverted to using my left hand. Most humans are right handed. Only 10 percent of humans are Lefties. and only 10 percent of humans are (openly) homosexual. There is probably a widespread rise in infidelity, promiscuity, and sexual ambiguity but to blame it on a developmental variation of sexual preference is lame. The OP asked "Why then is it so difficult for so many gays and lesbians to overcome their feelings?" "What is standing in their way - between how they feel, and how they want to feel?" To me, made me question why the OP is presenting homosexuality as a disease and psychological disorder. Seriously? Do humans look for breasts, vagina, and/or penis in their lover, or something deeper? Sheesh I'm glad I'm demisexual.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

nevermind.
edit on 11-6-2011 by sacecowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by yes4141
@OP

...... The way you try to dissect peoples lifestyles and views by considering environmental and cultural factors is of course necessary but to do that and then leave your initial predisposition entirely unexamined is ridiculous.

Well said.

It is good avice for all of us, not just the OP, that when taking time to disect the views of others in order to confirm or deny those views, that we should afford the same scrutiny to our own views to see if they still make sence in the light of the new information we tak in everyday.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Tell me why Homosexuals ant to be treated with respect yet treat those that disagree with them differently?

Tell me why they call those who disagree with them 'homophobes' when they can say what they like about Christians or others on raidio, TV ans other media as if they are imune to creating a phobia themselves.

Tell me why homosexuals are 'Christobphobic'

Tell me why homosexuals are bigots in their own right?

But I'll tell you they are insecure as individusals and not strong enough in their own beliefs as to accept that others don't agree with their lifestyle.

I had someone accuse me of beng a bigot once. I asked that homosexual what bigot meant and when he gave the answer he realised he was being one himself.

This is the big paradox of being a homosexual.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by yes4141
@OP

You didn't directly state your religion and I presumed that was on purpose. Is it Kabbalah or not?

I find it interesting/ strange that you leave it to psychology to effectively settle your point. Even though it quite obviously will not settle it even if evidence could point either way. It is almost insulting that you declare what the right thing is and then try to give a bit of science for us 'unenlightened' to understand the 'truth'.

As I said earlier in the thread. I had this exact same discussion with another poster.

The synopsis was: I am biologically gay. But the body is energy - - and with my mind's energy I can change my biological body.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Tell me why Homosexuals ant to be treated with respect yet treat those that disagree with them differently?

Tell me why they call those who disagree with them 'homophobes' when they can say what they like about Christians or others on raidio, TV ans other media as if they are imune to creating a phobia themselves.

Tell me why homosexuals are 'Christobphobic'

Tell me why homosexuals are bigots in their own right?

But I'll tell you they are insecure as individusals and not strong enough in their own beliefs as to accept that others don't agree with their lifestyle.

I had someone accuse me of beng a bigot once. I asked that homosexual what bigot meant and when he gave the answer he realised he was being one himself.

This is the big paradox of being a homosexual.

No it is not. It is the big paradox of being able to think freely from your own point of view.

By your recconing we are all phobic biggots?

I am because I critisize your faith.
You are because you critisize homosexuals.
He is because he critisizes Judeism.
They are because they critisize creationism.

What happened to tollerance, acceptance and love?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Dontreally, follow your heart. We were all born in "original sin". Although we don't choose the way we were born, it is still up to us to "behave" in a manner which is acceptable to God, as the Bible says. We'll never be perfect, but it is our duty to strive to be "like" God. In the end, there will be those who choose their sin above all else, including God. Just know that when or if they do, it was always meant to be that way from the time they were born and there's nothing you can do about it. You can only introduce your cousin to God. The rest can only be left to God to speak to your cousin's heart, if it's meant to be. Like God, love your cousin regardless (as you already have) and leave the rest to Him.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

Maybe those you feel are disrespectful - - - will be different when they have the same rights you do.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
How about you go live amongst some of the social architects of Sharia law and then tell me how it goes OP?
Oh wait...you're only saying that those that are deemed acceptable by your standards can be considered 'social architects'...Don't make me laugh.
Your social architects are about as good as dog pile on the side of the road. There's nothing good that comes from trying to force others into accepting your specific ideals especially considering that they're based on mythology, which is no different than religion. Liberalism isn't about indulging in your every desire, it's about preserving freedoms. Freedoms that do not harm anyone, are not a threat to anyone, except to those that desire an authoritarian institution to guide them through their lives, because they're incapable of making rational or moral decisions on their own.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Why is this under the philosophy section? If looks like it belongs to the highly speculative conspiracies topic because you claim homosexuals exist to challenge themselves. Why should anyone have to 'challenge' their emotions? Love should come naturally.
OP just so you know for someone who claims to be heterosexual, you care way too much about the topic. I have always wondered why heterosexuals are so intimidated by homosexuals especially if you are not a man who belongs to a specific faith (which I will assume you aren't because you quote the word God). They do you absolutely no harm living their lives. Who cares if your cousin wants to perform oral sex on another man? What harm will it do you? Absolutely zero. I am just going to assume you question your own sexuality by your statement that anyone is capable of being aroused by anything.

Homophobes who go out of their way to criticize are most of the time, homosexuals themselves. Maybe you should challenge yourself and hop out of that closet.

I didn't bother reading everything you said it was quite a bore. I stopped reading and started skimming when I read that you have a cousin whom you "love" very much but do not condone his lifestyle. That's love alright. :@
edit on 11-6-2011 by SophyC76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SophyC76
. I am just going to assume you question your own sexuality by your statement that anyone is capable of being aroused by anything.

Homophobes who go out of their way to criticize are most of the time, homosexuals themselves. Maybe you should challenge yourself and hop out of that closet.

yup, Projection.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This post, to simply say... is interesting. But, regardless, I disagree. I don't have time at the moment to elaborate on why it is that I disagree, but... I do. Simple enough, for now.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoopinator
reply to post by Annee

I'm done with this. Go back to your MSN and make your apologies for our country. When the BS starts and you're cowering in a corner, you can thank people like me for defending your non-deserving behind. Having pride in your country isn't ego. It's patriotism. That's become such a bad word as of late. Read the Constitution.

Oh, and by the way...I'm all about progression. God knows we've learned a lot from stupid mistakes. At least some of us have. I simply refuse to be bred out of existence by you liberals and all Anti-Americans. Being American is not something to be ashamed of.

Being gay or liberal is not anti American. If anything you're already anti American due to every one being a Corporation within the greater Corp of the US. Your soul was bought long ago under the banner of patriotism.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join