It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The psychology of Homosexuality

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Gotta get ready for work. As Bill and Ted have said..."Be excellent to each other". Regardless of their differences.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

of course you can choose your friends

again don't be so absurd,

now if you have a friend for years and have no idea they are gay ( say this is your best friend since kindergarden ) and they find out you are a star trek fan. and all the sudden they won't be your friend just cause you like star trek, but it doesn't affect them because they didn't even know.

that's the same as someone dropping you for being gay, it doesn't effect them so so why?

that being said if you meet them and don't want to be friends all on you, can't be friends with everyone

you need to think about what you say, just spouting religiously indoctrinated opinions isn't helping
edit on 11-6-2011 by GummB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GummB

The word you are looking for is 'epitome.' And this is my final warning, I have my finger on the 'Nuke Interwebs' button.

What the priests are doing is NOT equitable to Homosexuality. I find it disengenuous to even bring it in to this conversation. Gay does not equal child molester.

Priests use the cover of their religion and the respect it affords them to become sexual predators. It has nothing whatsoever to do with being gay.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

lol thanks... I am the WORST at grammar. so spell check can be my friend or my enemy

now back on topic... and please, hit that button
edit on 11-6-2011 by GummB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GummB

I welcome nuking this thread.
The sad thing is, the more people let others think for them, the more this will perpetuate. They should sell tickets for some of these churches.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by MJZoo

So you think down-syndrome and homosexuality are equal !?!

In that you are born down-syndrome and born homosexual . then YES. The point that intolerant people like you fail to acknowledge.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
Are there any situations of there being gay animals of any sort?

List Of Animals Displaying Homosexuality

Honestly, The human condition is that now. We've forgotten laws of procreation, even I am guilty of sex for gratification....but really, sex is about procreating.

Perhaps for some. Not for me. I can't have kids. I suppose I should never have sex?

Originally posted by GummB
it seems a huge portion of the gay community feels it necessary to "show off", if they are happy with a partner thats all that should matter there is no need to flash it to the world. Personally I don't want to go out and see two guys holding hands or two chicks making out or for that matter a girl and a guy fornicating... keep it to the privacy of your own homes.

Um. no. If you are offended at perfectly natural and socially acceptable public behavior (holding hands) by two people who like each other in ANY form, then it's your problem. You can wear blinders or close your eyes or stay home. But it's not the rest of the world's responsibility to ease YOUR uncomfortableness with perfectly normal and natural behavior, whether it be two men, two women, a grandfather and his grandson, a mother and child or a man and a woman. It's really none of your business. It's PUBLIC.

It is offensive to everyone to put on a show like that...

Speak for yourself. I absolutely LOVE to see love being expressed, regardless who the people are. Please read my signature.

Originally posted by Hoopinator
Why do all "straight" people think that "gay" people want to have sex with them?

That's great! Truuuuust me... Not all of us think that way.
Just the very frightened among us.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hoopinator

No-one likes hearing the truth...and if this were a religious thing...I'm as damned as you because I have had 3 kids out of marriage (thankfully to the same loving, beautiful partner...but still not married) and commited adultery twice..with prostitutes (couldnt bear to take up the offer of a female 'friend' because at the time I thought that no 'emotional' attachments would be the easiest way...well whether you're religious or not, this was selfish of me, and stupid) because my partner wasn't satisfying me sexually (Because she was actually having body confidence isues (and I constantly compliment her) thankfully she is over it), but i still have to live with that, and I will never tell her because my mistakes shouldn't bring great pain on her and my children. This is something I need to live with, and learn from. At one point in my life I thought that was OK...IT ISN'T.

I'm not religious, and my only affiliation is to Planet Earth.

And given the above post has confirmed Homosexual behaviour in nature, then I am even more accepting of it.
edit on 11-6-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

Now you have to convince THESE countries...otherwise they'll execute you for being Gay. UN just passed that resolution, I ask...Why are they moving backwards? Why did South Africa just allow Gay marriages (At a guess, so they can have a register of Gay people) Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belize, Benin, Botswana, Brunei Dar-Salam, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, China, Comoros, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guyana, Haiti, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United Republic of Tanzania, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam, Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I give you a star because that is a very brave post.

I am no saint either. But would not change a thing - - because the learning experiences made me who I am today.

I think I am a better person today for the mistakes I made - - - realized them - - - and made myself into a better person because I cared enough to do so.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I think one of the biggest problems with America currently is our messed up need to worry about what other countries think or believe. It's called cultural relativism (what one culture believes to be right or acceptable, regardless of the way other countries believe, is true or correct for that place).

We have far too many social problems to give a flying *#($ about what anyone else is doing. We need to stop shipping money and supplies and ideas out of America. It's destroying our identity. It's destroying our youth.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by MJZoo

So you think down-syndrome and homosexuality are equal !?!

In that you are born down-syndrome and born homosexual . then YES. The point that intolerant people like you fail to acknowledge.

I agree that down-syndrome and born homosexual are equal. But so is red hair and green eyes and tall/short - - whatever.

The creation of a living being is extremely complex. When putting in the ingredients and stirring the "mixed soup" - - any number of things can happen.

The difference is - - homosexuals are 100% functional as human beings. Attraction to same gender - - in no way interferes or prevents a homosexual from living a full human life - - - just as heterosexuals do.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

We have far too many social problems to give a flying *#($ about what anyone else is doing. We need to stop shipping money and supplies and ideas out of America. It's destroying our identity. It's destroying our youth.

I think that is complete BS. True the world is changing - - as it should.

We are all humans on a little rock - 3rd from the sun. You ever watched Sagan's pale blue dot? www.youtube.com...

We are so insignificant in the whole scheme of things - its frightening. The pettiness and intolerance that goes on among humans is pathetic.

The next generation should start thinking of a border-less world - - as far as I'm concerned. Start comprehending humans as a whole - - not separated by imaginary drawn lines.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

With so many people out there really trying to KILL Americans, I shudder at the day of a border-less world. While I'm a huge fan of Star Trek, that Utopian society should never and will never happen. This "New World Order" is something our current President is subtly working toward, as all Liberals inadvertently forward this idea. One currency, ONE religion, ONE government? REALLY? Isn't our BIG government destroying our freedoms enough already? No one group should EVER have that kind of power. Behind every group, is one person. Power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The beauty of life is in its variety.

We can and should all sit in awe of the spectacle we call 'life' and be grateful to be included in the wholeness of this vast universe, but we don't.

We'd rather gripe about how different you are from me, and how wrong that is. If only you were more like me, then this world would be so much more, uh, 'normal.'

Oh, the neverending fallacy of 'normal.' Normal is a synonym for 'average.' Some of us never stop in our quest to find 'average.' Average does not exist, except for being a wonderful lesson in frustration.

It's sad, and depressing, that our society cannot and will not respect and celebrate the things that make us unique. If you are different somehow, you'd better learn to hide it, or downplay it, because this world will beat you down for it.

Variety trumps normalcy every time.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hoopinator

OMG, you actually think they're trying to kill just Americans...ENTIRE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE if you missed it earlier.

You really need the veil lifted.

And I find that statement offensive, and self-centred. Russia is your greatest ally. War on terror and War on Drugs are a front. Your US Govt is running the whole kit and kaboodle World illegal Drug trade. Afghanistan is a great opium producer. Iraq had great stash of gold and oil, Libya has the same I think, but this govt is run by another....and religion has A LOT to do with it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Of course they're not trying to just kill Americans. SHEESH. These stupid little "wars" have been going on since the beginning of recorded history and beyond. All I meant to say was we, as AMERICANS, need to be aware of these threats and act accordingly. And yes, America, a country and it's social beliefs is where I live. I know I'm probably partial to it, but for the most part its a great place to live. I wear no veil.

Do you think we are somehow deserving of this animosity around the globe? I do.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

With so many people out there really trying to KILL Americans,

Feel free to read the civilian body count from Iraq. Who do you think is dropping the bombs on them?
www.iraqbodycount.org...

Get off your back porch. We are all humans wanting the same basic things. Food/shelter/protection of family/means of support etc.

You sound like FOX news.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It goes both ways, girlfriend. Seriously. Our gov't is extraordinarily corrupt. I see this. You obviously see this as well. If you're so ashamed to live here, do us all a favor and move somewhere else. I'm tired everyone making apologies for our corrupt government. Yeah...it's messed up, but it is where I live. Blind obedience, no. Patriot, yes.

It does suck that we are over there bombing the heck out of civilians and killing innocent random people. Blame your delicious politicians for that. And part of me does not blame them for trying to reciprocate. Truth is, we are facing annihilation as a country unless we get our collective heads out of our tubes and shack up with a proverbial shotgun. I await a revolution eagerly.

And I like Fox news. I don't like MSN or CNN giving me a titty-twister just because I have a belief structure. You have the mentality of a judge/executioner in Salem. Just because something doesn't fit your neat little picture, you have to ATTACK it. Rip it to shreds. How sad.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Hoopinator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well, I decided to drop in once again.

I just want to say to everyone who has posted in this thread, both pro and con, that this has been the best discussion of this topic I have ever seen. There have been minimal personal attacks and both sides stayed on topic, expressing personal views and research in a constructive manner. You all deserve Flags, Stars, Hugs, and Kisses (from those you are most comfortable receiving them from).

Thank you to the Mods for allowing this thread to remain. I'm sure it has been watched closely.

To all of you... um... what's a polite way to say this...... non-pro-gay? There have been a couple of posts that have granted me a bit more understanding of the "Straight" viewpoint. For that I am most grateful. Teachers really can be found in some of the most unexpected places.

All I have ever asked in my life is to be free to live as I feel most comfortable, hurting no one, with compassion for all. Be it a choice or not, it is what feels right for me, and were I given the choice right now, I would opt for staying the way I am. Actually, it is self preservation. I have friends that have threatened to shoot me if I ever changed.

Even just a grudging tolerance allows all of us to live together in peace on this small ball that is hurtling through space. The day this issue becomes a non-issue is the day when we take a step closer to all coming together and focusing on what we can do as a complete and loving unit as contrasted with what we are now doing as judgmental factions.

May all of you find the peace, the love, and the life, that you so richly deserve.
sniff... tear.
edit on 6/11/2011 by Lakotas because: adjustments

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

It goes both ways, girlfriend. Seriously. Our gov't is extraordinarily corrupt.

NO - - power corrupts. America has had a free ride because of its location - - which makes it difficult to invade.

"I cannot accept your canon that we are to judge Pope and King unlike other men with a favourable presumption that they did no wrong. If there is any presumption, it is the other way, against the holders of power, increasing as the power increases. Historic responsibility has to make up for the want of legal responsibility. All power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority: still more when you superadd the tendency or certainty of corruption by full authority. There is no worse heresy than that the office sanctifies the holder of it."

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join