It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'WikiWars: The Mission of Julian Assange' airs Sunday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

'WikiWars: The Mission of Julian Assange' airs Sunday

cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com

Julian Assange says he is on a mission to change the world, by fighting corruption and what he sees as injustice, through exposing secrets. He has launched a cyber war over the control of sensitive information, inciting a debate over the power of secrecy and who has the ‘right’ to release confidential information. Exposing everything from secret war logs, to diplomatic cables, to explosive videos, the 39-year-old Australian founder of the whistle-blower website WikiLeaks has been called both a hero and a villain.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's time to turn the villain back into a hero.

Be sure to tune in and watch as this CIA recruit and stooge attempts to use CNN to rebuild his failing reputation. As CNN is granted exclusive access to him, the untouchable Julian Assange. The persona, the front man, the hacker turned global wikileaks mastermind.

Hero or villain?

Genuine good guy, or CIA recruit, working to push forward covert agendas?

Attention whore, seeking fame and fortune at the expense of those who have submitted "stuff" to wikileaks?

You watch, you decide.

cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
he is my hero
Anyone that prefer lies over the truth is the villan

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
he is my hero
Anyone that prefer lies over the truth is the villan

Who's truth, and in exactly what form do you prefer?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Well you seem to have made your mind up.

What evidence do you have that he is a CIA stooge? Must be pretty compelling so please share it with us.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Leaking one secret at a time will not change the world.

I know he wants to leak the secrets one at a time so they get alot of attention. Realisticly i think it would have a bigger impact if they where all leaked at one time, flood the market with all the lies we have been told, that would surley change citizens outlook on politics and countrys.

Also I dont like the fact he is keeping everything secret. He is no better than TPTB. My personal belifs is that he is holding on to them for leverage over his criminal case.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Julian Paul Assange fights for the truth, why ? because the rich bastasts that want more money then they ever need regardless of other people suferings.. they sweep the real truth to the side and make their own truth. that kind of people is the ones that Julian wants to get.

WikiLeaks has published material about extrajudicial killings in Kenya, toxic waste dumping in Côte d'Ivoire, Church of Scientology manuals, Guantanamo Bay procedures, and banks such as Kaupthing and Julius Baer.[12] In 2010, WikiLeaks published Iraq War documents and Afghan War documents about American involvement in the wars, some of which was classified material. On 28 November 2010, WikiLeaks and its five international print media partners (Der Spiegel, The New York Times, Le Monde, The Guardian and El País) began publishing U.S. diplomatic cables.

I really dont understand why some people can be that brainwashed to not like this guy.
The whole "we dont like wikileaks" rumor was started by the same people that wikileaks expose

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Well you seem to have made your mind up.

What evidence do you have that he is a CIA stooge? Must be pretty compelling so please share it with us.

He is still alive, and completely free.

Though at one time, portrayed as one of the greatest national and international security threats...

Compelling?

To each their own, draw your own conclusions.... The most unique thing about Julian Assange, is that he can be so many things to so many people.

Enjoy the show, should be very enlightening.

Don't miss it.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

I have to agree with you a little, im still on the fence about him. The biggest thing that throws me off is people have been killed for knowing a hell of alot less than he does.

This fella has the power to cripple governments yet he is still alive?. Thats why im still double sided on him.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

I really dont understand why some people can be that brainwashed to not like this guy.
The whole "we dont like wikileaks" rumor was started by the same people that wikileaks expose

That's a keeper.

I'm going to have that put on a plack and put it on a wall somewhere.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Don't need to watch, don't want to watch, he is a schill.
Otherwise the gazillions of terrabytes of information would have been released all at once.
Too bad too, as I was hopeful for a second there.
All I see now is lies and broken promises.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I can say one thing honestly about Mr. Assange..... He can talk the talk....But I don't see him walking anywhere!! One "secret" about something stupid is not privelaged information, it is a joke.....Why doesn't he actually release something of importance to prove his worth??

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

What if he gives the codes to decrypt the insurance files on this show?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Why would one wait until they had just fallen out of the limelight to anounce something big?
Strike while the iron is hot!
And Faux news would tell me he did anyway.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
From the source...

WikiWars recounts Assange’s evolution from a convicted teenage computer hacker,

This is where the truth ended, and the new truth began.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So, what did we learn from this?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'm still wondering what they do with all those Wikileak menu selections? I imagine it to be something like the old 60's song Alices Restaurant where you can get anything you want except Julian. Maybe they use it for public opinion gathering?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The Obama Admin has never had a better friend than Julian it appears when it comes to foreign policy leaks and such. And that's enough for me.

Yeah, Fractured, the CNN gig probably foreshadows some info coming soon from wikileaky that will justifiy some imperialistic action.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Yeah, Fractured, the CNN gig probably foreshadows some info coming soon from wikileaky that will justifiy some imperialistic action.

Yeah, with the CIA getting "hacked" anything seems possible now, eh?

top topics

join