It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe God got knocked unconscious and is laying in a ditch somewhere?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Getting tested by God is not easy. I have been having a really bad month... probably year. Lost my job friday, parents are getting sick/handicap, ps3 died (boo hoo), my dog died at the age of 4, I died or passed out sunday (I have a thread on it). Getting tested or getting what you want from God has a price. I am by no means blaming this on Him, but I know if I have to walk with complete faith I must endure the hardship of this life. I still continue baring my cross, today I have depression btw.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Getting tested by God is not easy. I have been having a really bad month... probably year. Lost my job friday, parents are getting sick/handicap, ps3 died (boo hoo), my dog died at the age of 4, I died or passed out sunday (I have a thread on it). Getting tested or getting what you want from God has a price. I am by no means blaming this on Him, but I know if I have to walk with complete faith I must endure the hardship of this life. I still continue baring my cross, today I have depression btw.

Get well soon, we need you in your finest state.

(Ive got a similar year, even lost my brother 33years old)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

reply to post by newcovenant

It is my belief that it is all a part of the test. In the Qur'an there is a verse which states that "God will not change the condition of a people until they change the condition within themselves."

If you want God, you gotta go to Him, you gotta pray, you gotta ask. We all want without giving anything in return.

God bless

I say Fu.K tests. Why we all need to be tested??? it´s a fault in the assembly line?? Again,, blame the producer, not the product
edit on 10-6-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

Yes, find someone else to blame for your problems, that's always been the answer with humanity. Once the end of the road comes they start to BLAME God rather than seek Him. You proved my point when you said "Fu.k tests", you are one who wants something for nothing at all, when in reality you don't recognize that God has already given you a life to live, you want more and more, with no work.

Again, when my daugther misbehave i firts search the reason in ME, because she is only a child. Being as ignorant as we are, why to put the blame always on US?? Sorry but It makes no sense That´s what all religions want... to put all the blame of suffering on US. We are the source of the all BAD in the world... so Im done with that. Show me my sins and i will try to do something about it

That's your daughter, she's a child so no she shouldn't be held accountable. But what about win YOU misbehave? What about when YOU screw up? You're a capable adult. Do you blame God then too? If you forgot to pay the light bill and your daughter was in the dark, would that be Gods fault? Things that you did, to get you to where you are now, whiter good or bad, are things YOU did, so why hold any other being accountable?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

"God will not change the condition of a people until they change the condition within themselves."

So in other words, god is a self fabricated illusion. You believe in god and that he exists for you AND me; I don't believe in god and yet he still exists for you, but not for me. God is a self-help tool.
edit on 6/10/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Originally posted by yets777

It is my belief that it is all a part of the test. In the Qur'an there is a verse which states that "God will not change the condition of a people until they change the condition within themselves."

If you want God, you gotta go to Him, you gotta pray, you gotta ask. We all want without giving anything in return.

God bless

I say Fu.K tests. Why we all need to be tested??? There is a fault in the assembly line?? Again,, blame the producer, not the product

maybe bc u requested tests ,
your wishes have never been unanswered ,
bare the consiquences of your actions ,
and stop pointing fingers,
u had millions of years to learn ,
yet...

We are god, lets act as one. I am tired of this program called 'LIFE' Lets make our lives count.

Be as a god, do not follow are idolize any of them.

You my friend GOT the point. Im also TIRED of this program called earth LIFE. At least we are two... trying to change our own program. I don,t want to continue this game... its over for me. Im not enjoying it anymore! Life must be enjoyable, not sufferable.
And to the other member, im NOT choose to suffer... id i did it subcounsciouly its noy MY fault. Im not a ZEN master, i CANT deal my my subconcious because after all is SUBconcious, understand?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

(I use satan as in evil powers)
I think 'SATAN' has to much control over our daily lives now. Its hard to get around these days.

We use money?
We must pay to eat and such?
Most people here, only run in circle's paying bill after bill. So if that is your main target, you have no life.
So when something goes wrong, trouble just flows over you, cause this world ruled by SATAN you must go on and on and on. Or else you loose your home and maybe kids to some satanic institution. Yes you look up out of frustration.

But indeed it is us that are using unnatural ways to live. But its to big for one man to bug out of the system, we all must do it at once. Well fellow slaves, hope we free ourselves soon. Got a bill to pay, no time...

edit on 10-6-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

Its a double edge sword, to say relgion is asking us to blame us for the suffering also says we assume it is god who will do all the salvation.
dosnt work like that.
actions speak louder then words, so you make it better or you make it worse.
it really is your choice ..
take responsibility for both the pain and the salvation, not just one or the other.
man makes man suffer, not god, he is the silent witness
so instead of looking at the suffering try searching out the stories of man helping man, the buety here.
some say its hell here on earth your right, i agree, others say heaven is here on earth.
which way do you want to walk ?

edit on 10-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Though why they are scanning a "religion" forum I don't know.

Wait a second, people actually go into individual forums. I just refresh the recent post list endlessly

The analogy of God being to us what we are to dogs is an interesting one. A more common analogy by believers is that of God as a Father. The only issue I have with these is that they don't work. Human beings are clearly on our own, no giant hand reaches down from the sky to feed people, otherwise I'm guessing thousands of children wouldn't die every day based solely on hunger. If God is a Father or a pet owner he's clearly doing a lousy job. So yeah maybe he's having a real bad couple of millennia and he got REALLY wasted and passed out somewhere... or maybe he's just not there and we really are on our own.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

I suppose you lost also all motivation to make something out of your life, career wise? (expression of self in box provided by our owners, is demotivating for me) I want to breathe freedom, I never tasted it. Wonder how the Rockefellers have felt all their lives?

How long must we wait, untill the world finnaly gets it? I know 100% that we the people must go out in the streets.
At least stop using money.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

"God will not change the condition of a people until they change the condition within themselves."

So in other words, god is a self fabricated illusion. You believe in god and that he exists for you AND me; I don't believe in god and yet he still exists for you, but not for me. God is a self-help tool.
edit on 6/10/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

I respect your opinion and pose a question in response: if God is merely a self help tool, why then are people tryna convince those who believe in His existence that He is not real, do they not want people to help themselves?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

God bless

I say Fu.K tests. Why we all need to be tested??? There is a fault in the assembly line?? Again,, blame the producer, not the product

maybe bc u requested tests ,
your wishes have never been unanswered ,
bare the consiquences of your actions ,
and stop pointing fingers,
u had millions of years to learn ,
yet...

We are god, lets act as one. I am tired of this program called 'LIFE' Lets make our lives count.

Be as a god, do not follow are idolize any of them.

You my friend GOT the point. Im also TIRED of this program called earth LIFE. At least we are two... trying to change our own program. I don,t want to continue this game... its over for me. Im not enjoying it anymore! Life must be enjoyable, not sufferable.
And to the other member, im NOT choose to suffer... id i did it subcounsciouly its noy MY fault. Im not a ZEN master, i CANT deal my my subconcious because after all is SUBconcious, understand?
it is not hard to liberate yourself and be truely happy in anything u do,
but the first thing u need to do is become quiet, and listen
stop pointing fingers and blaming someone else,
you are your own master yes,
but still there is a source,
u cannot become a god without god,
have a little respect
and it will be returned ,
like every other feeling you project,
action/reaction
beware of what u send out for it always returns with a vengeance
u can't escape it either,( not even in death)
u need to face it
it is all very simple and does not require you to be a zenmaster,

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

All is going according to plan.
Remember back with me please, 1990ish.
Sim City, you get to release catastrophe on your cities; deluge, tornado, godzilla, Etc.
This is all god is doing, and the same exact result will happen.
Some pixles that mean not a thing at all will be disrupted, as it was and this is just a game.
So, I suggest you activate the cash cheat and play some.
Hope it helps,
btw activate the dog food cheat too and feed yer buddies.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think most of humanity thinks of God as some sort of physical being sitting in the clouds. Only a few of us can conseptualize her as an amorphic energy/conciousness. So no, my God cannot lie in a ditch. I am one of the few who know what God is.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
As soon as I read your op I thought of the movie "Dogma". Have you seen it? Of course in that movie God wakes up out of his coma in time to save all existance.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So if one of your dogs had rabies, u would put the one down, and hope for the other,, and only time would tell.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I think most of humanity thinks of God as some sort of physical being sitting in the clouds. Only a few of us can conseptualize her as an amorphic energy/conciousness. So no, my God cannot lie in a ditch. I am one of the few who know what God is.

Ok, now i understand, you are better than me, because there are so few like you. There will be a reason for this i suppose. Maybe you were build over a better version of humanity than me (not my fault). Maybe is that you have more experience than me? perhaps but.. oh wait! time doesn´t exists.. so (not my fault). Perhaps God made a mistake with all people that are not enjoying existence in earth? (not our fault).
Maybe the purpose is to gain wisdom and joy overcoming suffering and sadness?? hmm nasty God, just looking at all the suffering that creation "creates" in order to evolve...hmmm, but who i am to criticize God?? some of us are just suffering his creation.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

You wrote:

[""Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought. ~Matsuo Basho""]

"Who are the wise?"- Bogomil

Quote: ["The moment a little boy is concerned with which is a jay and which is a sparrow, he can no longer see the birds or hear them sing. ~Eric Berne"]

And the moment an adult isn't concerned about the differences between made-up fantasies and rational reasoning, he can find himself screaming: "Heil Hitler" or burning people 'for their own good'.

Quote: ["if you really want to know stop and understand before you move on to the next question."]

That's what I've been doing the last 45 years or so, in the absense of divine or other higher authorities.

But I still don't see, where zen and 'god' can be associated except through putting both concepts into a semantic blender. Afraid your implied guru'ism doesn't go home with me either.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I am nothing

You choose what you want, i can surmise what you want by the way your interpreting my words
Im not here to convince you

just to have a chance for me to see clearer, which you have helped me do

Guru? no, i would never call myself that as that would imply that my words have some truth to them ..
As for the references to Hitler, well thats a cop out , and misdirection, standard debating techniques..
but "fantasy"it can also create people like mother Teresa and Gandhi,
and you know the real irony, i never went on a search for god, i went on the road to find myself.
Argument isnt seeking answers, so unless you really seek to walk beside me, i can only show you the door and leave the rest up to you. otherwise ill see you on the road again one day
peace.

sometimes the opposite of a truth , is another truth...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

it is not hard to liberate yourself and be truely happy in anything u do,

I can't allow myself to be this selfish when there is so much hurt,suffering and poverty in this world.
It may be easy to not think about all this and be happy, but it is not something I am willing to do.

This 'god' abandoned us and washed her hands of us as soon as she allowed pain and suffering.

Or, more correctly , in my mind, there never was a god.

I'm planting my flag firmly in Titen's camp.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Is not also selfish to try to take away another's belief in god if it makes him a better man and member of society?
but what you say may be right.
God left us, now its your chance to step up and be god like. change a life for the better , end someone's pain and suffering, help them, be a shoulder to cry on..
yes i agree,dont be selfish, is a great motto to live by.
no truer words are spoken then those by fools and wise men.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join