It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe God got knocked unconscious and is laying in a ditch somewhere?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I hate to contribute to the ridiculousness of some threads started on ATS but what the heck, I am going to go ahead and do it anyway.

I was feeding my two dogs today and I was a little late for reasons I won't bore you with here and as they were looking at me as if I was not going to show up with their food I thought to myself.
When have I not shown up?

In 15 years I have not missed a day feeding these two dogs and yet they look at me as if today they thought I was going to forget and not feed them, today of all days.

Reminds me of well ...God.

God says relax. Let go and let God. Put all our worries and troubles in His capable hands.
If we have the faith of a mustard seed we would want for nothing and realize we are tended to like the Lily's of the field and the birds that fall from trees. God is not on an equal level as we are and as close a relationship as I can gather is the same as the relationship between my pets and myself. I would never harm them and always care for them because I love them, unconditionally. I am a more evolved and ascended life form than a dog. (since I can argue this point myself - Lets just for the sake of argument say I am) and this is like our interrelatedness with God.

Well the same thing goes for me and my dogs. To them... I am God.

I was thinking
When have I not shown up?

And what followed was a logical sequence of thoughts. The only reason I would not return and show up is if I were dead or someone had me captive, knocked out or a prisoner.

This planet has a small shot at salvation if something BIG happens soon.
Otherwise it will have been CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR. If you are God why let it fail if a small event NOW can save the entire planet and plan for humans? That would be a shame and I think uncalled for. Merciless and God if anything cannot be that and also be a WORTHY God.

I know many people will say God is dead or never lived in the first place.
Though why they are scanning a "religion" forum I don't know.
Many will go the other route and access Gods all powerful invincibility and omnipresence and claim it just is beyond the realm of possibility for other reasons than the atheists.

I am on the fence and think maybe irreverently...perhaps God cannot come back because He is held hostage?
Somehow prevented AGAINST HIS WILL from showing up here in the end zone of life on Earth.

Maybe God got knocked unconscious and is laying in a ditch somewhere.

Maybe that is why He's leaving His people, those that do love Him and believe in Him to die here with no hope for the Earth.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
God never left ...
it is us that turned from him.Your dogs remind me of a zen koan
"Does the dog have the nature of the buddha?"
To say we are like god to the dog, is also to say that the dog is like god to us.
as neither is right or wrong
The nature of god is in everything, the rest is our minds eye creating a story we want to see.
the only zen you find at the top of a mountain is the zen you take there with you.
so if you seek god, then thats what you are doing, seeking him.. if you know god, then you know him..
cause and effect.
peace.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Agree... maybe he is unconcious and he left us alone in our house. Ok there is free will but all we are babies so it serves to nothing. Big problem... so we alone and in pain, suffering, starving, and of course if there are some more aged kids they will take advantage of their superior size and strength... oh my... how similar to earthlings conditions.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Apart from the sentences....:

Quote ["I know many people will say God is dead or never lived in the first place.
Though why they are scanning a "religion" forum I don't know"]

.........I enjoyed your post.

But religion/theology is much more than just abstract brain-gymnastics or primitive like-it/don't-like-it. It can have mundane effects as strong as politics and economics.

I take it, that you're familiar with the film "Dogma".

edit on 10-6-2011 by bogomil because: paragraphing

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

God says relax. Let go and let God. Put all our worries and troubles in His capable hands.

That is suicidal.

I know many people will say God is dead or never lived in the first place. Though why they are scanning a "religion" forum I don't know.

Because we are at war. And in war, you have to show up.

Maybe that is why He's leaving His people, those that do love Him and believe in Him to die here with no hope for the Earth.

Read your own bible. When has 'god' not left people to die? The entire bible is one bloodbath after another in the OT and NT.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
God never left ...
To say we are like god to the dog, is also to say that the dog is like god to us.
The nature of god is in everything, the rest is our minds eye creating a story we want to see.
the only zen you find at the top of a mountain is the zen you take there with you.
so if you seek god, then thats what you are doing, seeking him.. if you know god, then you know him..
cause and effect.
peace.

Being a father myself i never, ever told to my little daugther that she is deserves to suffer because it´s not faced to me... what kind of answer is that?? for god sake,, not everyone is a zen master, or an ascended master, the majority of us are only babies!!!
Don,t blame the student, blame the master!
Dont blame the son.... blame the father, after all which one is more "experienced"?
Furthermore... we are suffering because we want to??? WTF???? And if I "deserve" to suffer at least show some compasion and tell me what is the cause. The entire creation (at least locally)... sucks!! until He/I can prove me wrong. God.. enjoy your snap.

edit on 10-6-2011 by greenCo because: misp

edit on 10-6-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It is my belief that it is all a part of the test. In the Qur'an there is a verse which states that "God will not change the condition of a people until they change the condition within themselves."

If you want God, you gotta go to Him, you gotta pray, you gotta ask. We all want without giving anything in return.

God bless

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

u have not understood the concept of free will
you requested it,
turned your back to god to learn something,
think u have found a better way than him,
we got the request granted and now at the point where u realise that it only creates chaos,
u want him to get in there and save your .ss?
not going to happen (unless the collective majority asks him to help)
u will need to save yourself.
don't point fingers , dont cry , it is what u wanted
a hard lesson to understand there is no better way than
one heart
unity
love

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

It is my belief that it is all a part of the test. In the Qur'an there is a verse which states that "God will not change the condition of a people until they change the condition within themselves."

If you want God, you gotta go to Him, you gotta pray, you gotta ask. We all want without giving anything in return.

God bless
thank you for that , still people around that see it , lovely

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

God never left ...
cause and effect.
peace.

I find it hard to follow your zen -'god' associations. Some kind of new-age syncretism?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

God bless

I say Fu.K tests. Why we all need to be tested??? There is a fault in the assembly line?? Again,, blame the producer, not the product

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Maybe WE have the god part in us, cause we are UNCONSCIOUS 'for sure'. The world is in a bad shape..

We need to take action, so what would god do if he/she or it was bound on earth's limitations?

Stop using money its a unnatural thing , makes people greedy and opens doors for inequality (step 1)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo

God bless

I say Fu.K tests. Why we all need to be tested??? it´s a fault in the assembly line?? Again,, blame the producer, not the product

Yes, find someone else to blame for your problems, that's always been the answer with humanity. Once the end of the road comes they start to BLAME God rather than seek Him. You proved my point when you said "Fu.k tests", you are one who wants something for nothing at all, when in reality you don't recognize that God has already given you a life to live, you want more and more, with no work.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

God never left ...
cause and effect.
peace.

we speak from one heart,
we share one mind,
we receive from the same source

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

thats ok,
i see both sides, but at some point we have to stop, and choose to see what we want to see

I am not a master, never claimed to be, but the student and the master are the same..
i have learnt much from my children as they grew up.
No one deserves to suffer, what you do to others helps stop that

you can make it better or dwell in self pity waiting for the father to fix it...

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple. ~Dr Seuss"
EDIT
while contemplating your last phrase

enjoy your snap.

My neck which was out today, "snapped" back into place, so thank you i really did enjoy my snap.
i count have done it with out you

edit on 10-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

God bless

I say Fu.K tests. Why we all need to be tested??? it´s a fault in the assembly line?? Again,, blame the producer, not the product

Yes, find someone else to blame for your problems, that's always been the answer with humanity. Once the end of the road comes they start to BLAME God rather than seek Him. You proved my point when you said "Fu.k tests", you are one who wants something for nothing at all, when in reality you don't recognize that God has already given you a life to live, you want more and more, with no work.

Again, when my daugther misbehave i firts search the reason in ME, because she is only a child. Being as ignorant as we are, why to put the blame always on US?? Sorry but It makes no sense That´s what all religions want... to put all the blame of suffering on US. We are the source of the all BAD in the world... so Im done with that. Show me my sins and i will try to do something about it

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

God bless

I think that god meant us to live like in this movie. You do not need to work for anything, you only need to experience. Just keep sharing, and follow the path of Joy. Don't blame god, for you giving believes out of your hands. Using money,religions and government as an excuse for all the things going on that's more accurate

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

God bless

I say Fu.K tests. Why we all need to be tested??? There is a fault in the assembly line?? Again,, blame the producer, not the product

maybe bc u requested tests ,
your wishes have never been unanswered ,
bare the consiquences of your actions ,
and stop pointing fingers,
u had millions of years to learn ,
yet...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Dont try to follow me, make your own road. look for seed of truth in yourself
Its not new age,and it is, as many new age relgions are based in the ways of the old masters.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought. ~Matsuo Basho"

stop looking for the thinks that grind against you as they will wear you down..
just start looking for yourself. what do you really want ?

The moment a little boy is concerned with which is a jay and which is a sparrow, he can no longer see the birds or hear them sing. ~Eric Berne

if you really want to know stop and understand before you move on to the next question.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by yets777

God bless

maybe bc u requested tests ,
your wishes have never been unanswered ,
bare the consiquences of your actions ,
and stop pointing fingers,
u had millions of years to learn ,
yet...

We are god, lets act as one. I am tired of this program called 'LIFE' Lets make our lives count.

Be as a god, do not follow are idolize any of them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join