It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Square Miles South of Boise To Communist China for a "Special Economic Zone"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Whats the big deal with this. I think there is a lot of over reaction. People are people the world over and the USA buys a lot of chinesse goods. Would it not be better to let the chinesse make these goods in america as opposed to transporting them. It does make sense.... you are happy to buy their goods but you dont want them living in your country...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Unless lady gaga is performing there or charlie sheen has something to do with it, Americans would probably not even know or care about it

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Funny no doubt, but ah Americans forgot that when it comes down to it, land is really the only thing that is worth anything. That's why the elites are buying up land all over the globe, because money systems go up and down, come and go, politics is just a bunch of hot air most times, and governments under whatever name's whether they be capitalist or communist or whatever they will rise and fall with the passage of time.

And at the end of the day the only thing of worth is the pieces of land people have fought and bleed for since the dawn of human history. I think there even was a thread around here about Bush buying lots land in Paraguay, and who knows what the other rich people are buying up. Or were they got the money to buy up all that land and big mansions and such. Or should I say who does not know were all the money came from.

The failing of generations of policies and greed can and if given a change will come back to bite you all in the ass. Though I am sure this ain't the first Chinese government owned plot of land in the US, and I am sure there are more, and more to come.

You got to appreciate the irony though, I mean how much was some of the lands today bought from the native american's for back then? Or the the whole Louisiana purchase by Thomas Jefferson from Napoleon and french, it changed the whole scope of america as we know it today. So if history repeats itself which it has a tendency to do, then things in the coming years and generations of people in america could be as different as the past history is to us today and probably more so.

Not saying this chinese land buy/grab is bad in all, just saying that history has a habit of repeating itself. Besides there money is as green as anybody else's, or at least as long as the dollar is the standard of the majority of the world it will be as green as everybody else's.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Did you read the articles in the OP? Its not about the goods we buy, it is some pretty nasty and toxic mass production of things like fertilizer. I am SURE that it is NOT about making it convenient to get the goods to the American people...

Furthermore with all of their industrial pollution, they can hardly afford to have this sick fertilizer plant or plants contaminating their waterways and ground water. The fertilizer will be shipped back to their country and not made cheap for the US by cutting out shipping costs.

In a very small town near me, population only a few thousand, they put on the outskirts of town, right next to a major waterway junction, a pig slaughterhouse. The meat is raised by Americans, then slaughtered by 'their' workers sent from China and the meat shipped back to china. We are left with the rendering, the miles of blood, the toxic remains filtering into our communities. The stench is deplorable.

They need to feed billions of their people... we are but a few hundred million...

They are placing these slaughter houses all across America and it is nasty and dangerous to the environment. The fertilizer plant gives them someplace to ship the remnants the rotting carcases by the billions...

Also we finally hear the beginning rumbles of what the Obama administration was discussing since he took office, how we were going to change the country and become the forerunners in new energy technologies like solar and wind, and how would see factories which will employ people to be built all over the country.

In the Op's linked article we see that the current plan is to build factories to make solar panels, but that they will come with ready made staff and could employ about 150 people after it opens... 150.

I see the decline and eventual collapse of the USD, and then when people do finally get back to work it is going to be inhumane sweatshops. Face it the world wants to see the Americans brought to their knees and reduced to a 4th world nation of beggars and slaves.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

It's not "selling land to communists" in that sense. It's selling land to capitlalistic communists of 2011

CJ

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Creepy thought... make it go away...
Anybody remember reading about this?
Satellite Images of Ghost Cities in China

They'd have to get our population down to 64 million, or build more of them.

Like I said... creepy thought. Make it go away!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This is rich...ugh...Seriously you guys embarrass me sometimes, because you don't understand or appreciate your obligation to this community. OP, you posted this article but fail to mention that the original story was published in the Idaho Statesman in December of last year. In essence you went to a conspiracy oriented website, read the story and then your knee jerked. Without any further investigation or research, regurgitated the story here and then sat back and rubbed your hands together in the hopes that you would receive your just rewards...flags and stars. Likewise many of you read the thread, jumped to the first link provided in the thread, read the article and then your knee jerked. You posted up your comment believing it was going to add to the cacophony of dissent that got TPTB rethinking the whole shebang. Oh but your comments were more than six months late. Still more of you made it to another level; found the Idaho Statesman original story, read it and because you felt satisfied with the due diligence you'd done, posted up your comments on the Idaho Statesman for the same reasons as stated above. Because ATS is also a source site for many other small blogs and news sites, I'm certain this story has been by the sheeple who are primarily interested in flags, stars, yellow moons, green clovers, clicks, hits, and every other meaningless thing that people today cling to for some sense of belonging and status. All of these efforts will and have met with the same result: the old Arab proverb has come true for you; "the dog barks, but the caravan moves on". In your case, the caravan moved on 6 months ago.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by plainsmen83

First of all, I don't care about the "flags and stars". It's not like "pat's on the back" put gas in the tank. I came across an article and felt it was somethig worth sharing. Apparently others felt the same. Thanks everybody, by the way, for the Flags and Stars.

My concern for this country and it's citizens is genuine. The direction of politics, and it's ability to manipulate and influence the lives of those citizen's is also of great concern. I didn't feel the need to mention that link to The Idaho Statesman, as it is in the article.
The "Knee Jerk" reaction by myself and others simply means we are alive and took a shot in a sensitive area.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by plainsmen83

I'd have to take exception to your stance here. ALOT has happened in 6 months on ATS. There seems to be about a million new members who have trickled in from other sites as well as MSMers who have recently seen the light.

My point being that simply because a story is 6 months old, even if it was posted here on ATS before (and it was, I think) doesn't mean it is irrelevant ~ I didn't see you post source showing that the CHICOM city idea has been shot down. There's lots of people here that need to be "caught up" on what TPTB are doing to this country.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Isn't Manhattan 16 miles long? From that perspective, can you even imagine what might be done with 50 square miles? I bet after a period of time the city will be completely vertical, maybe even moreso than NYC. Wow. A bustling city, with excellent restaurants and amenities. Will we be allowed to go?

It's ironic. Our corporations take work there because it's cheap labor, and now they want to bring it back here?
Will they pay the workers a dollar a day, or will they be forced to pay them minimum wage? I think they are desperate for land.

I'm just curious as to how this will work. Will they have to abide by U.S. policies, or their make their own? Will they be granted U.S. citizenship? Will they have the freedom to move about the country, and buy up other real estate?
If the price is right, I suppose so. They will think they have died and gone to heaven when they see California, and Florida.

I can see both pros and cons to this (once you get over the initial shock).

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Considering recent developments, ie: US credit rating downgrade from AAA to AA+ and the resulting assertion
by the Chinese govt that the US' spending spree is over, I felt this thread needed to be bumped.

As I understand it, there are over 250 of these "Special Economic Zones" planned to be created all over the US. These SEZs will not provide jobs to Americans, as Chinese nationals will be brought in to populate these cities and provide the labor force.

Every American needs to be made aware of this and we need to stop this "peaceful" invasion of our country.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Thanks to the trillions of dollars that the Chinese have made flooding our shores with cheap products, China is now in a position of tremendous economic power. So what is China going to do with all of that money? One thing that they have decided to do is to buy up pieces of the United States and set up "special economic zones" inside our country from which they can continue to extend their economic domination. One of these "special economic zones" would be just south of Boise, Idaho and the Idaho government is eager to give it to them. China National Machinery Industry Corporation (Sinomach for short) plans to construct a "technology zone" south of Boise Airport which would ultimately be up to 50 square miles in size. The Chinese Communist Party is the majority owner of Sinomach, so the 10,000 to 30,000 acre "self-sustaining city" that is being planned would essentially belong to the Chinese government. The planned "self-sustaining city" in Idaho would include manufacturing facilities, warehouses, retail centers and large numbers of homes for Chinese workers. Basically it would be a slice of communist China dropped right into the middle of the United States.

China Wants To Construct A 50 Square Mile Self-Sustaining City South Of Boise, Idaho

This is just a sell-out by the government to make a quick short-term gain, but the long-term is nothing but bad news. This is probably one of the more despicable things our government and corporations have done to us,

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Came here from a different thread.
(www.abovetopsecret.com...)

Well I live in Mountain Home, 40 miles south of Boise. No Chinese construction going on, no mystery cities.. Just some migrant worker shanty towns.

Nothing to see here. Literally.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Corps move out of US to China....US economy is going down the drain....China can't sell products to poor Americans...China moves back and builds a big China town smack in the middle of the US. Interesting.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dero

I am sort of relieved to hear that.

I have no problems with commercial relationships (assuming they are fair) but the idea that the businessmen who've bought their way into our leadership caste about portioning off chinks of nations for other nations to play 'business' seems like a bad thing.

I know this is how 'deals' are made.... but unfortunately those 'dealing' are in it for themselves... not the people they are supposed to be serving....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much. The sheer amount of xenophobic rednecks in this town and state would find a way to put a quick end to any invasion, economic or otherwise. Hell, I see at least 5 trucks with loaded gun-racks in the back windows on the way to work every day.

But maybe the Chinese dumping some money into the state wouldn't be a bad thing- Idaho is pretty godawful... Bottom of the 50 states for schools I think, definetly the bottom for Daycare standards. The roads are garbage and there are NO TREES. Unless you go to the mountains, that is.

The whole state looks just like Kuwait. Brown, dusty and windy.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by 46ACE

I tend to agree. I'm not xenophobic by any means but I have a feeling that they will bring nothing but trouble in the long run. Will this be a closed/gated community?

Something occurred to me................... every bodys haste to proclaim their Not Xenophobic ... Well maybe we damn sure ought to be. You see what political correctness has gotten us, and special treatment to certain races, dumbing down and also tolerating foreign invasion with open arms so's we won't be called xenophobic. Well the fact of the matter is, I'm American, I'v worked all my life, I'm a VET and I don't have much tolerance for lazy or sell-out citizens. I'm white and make No apology for that either. Lets get something straight right from the start, I'm going to make it as difficult as I have the power to and make these kind of activities subject to failure, the selling out of America and our children's inheritance is abhorrent and unethical, and in progress by outside entities who have nothing invested, but come to plunder. SO Yea, I'm xenophobic, and if you want to call me racist, well..... if your race is trying to invade and destroy my country, then count me that too. No mr nice guy, no more pandering to other countries intent on taking advantage of America. We can start with booting the sell-outs we have in the Whitehouse and Congress....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dero
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much. The sheer amount of xenophobic rednecks in this town and state would find a way to put a quick end to any invasion, economic or otherwise. Hell, I see at least 5 trucks with loaded gun-racks in the back windows on the way to work every day.

But maybe the Chinese dumping some money into the state wouldn't be a bad thing- Idaho is pretty godawful... Bottom of the 50 states for schools I think, definetly the bottom for Daycare standards. The roads are garbage and there are NO TREES. Unless you go to the mountains, that is.

The whole state looks just like Kuwait. Brown, dusty and windy.

No way! I've lived in Boise for a little over a year (native Arizonan - talk about brown, dusty and windy). It is gorgeous here! The schools, roads and etc are great here compared to back home. Absolutely love it here.

Anyway... The idea of this is absolutely appalling. I am horrified right now. Can't even think of anything intelligent to say. Just wow.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yeah but that's Boise. Mountain Home is a different story entirely.

Almost a third world country down here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join