It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Square Miles South of Boise To Communist China for a "Special Economic Zone"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

edit on 10-6-2011 by aceto because: nm

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well, at least some government believes in the american people...pity its not our government.

I bet this will be a brilliant city...I may move there if it takes off (will I need a passport?).

I think the intent is obvious...they will show a alternative to the economic model we have going on, compared to the city...and if it does well, we may adapt aspects to our way of doing things, and they will adapt some aspects of how we do things to their land.

this could be a very good thing actually...through diversity comes progression.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Tell that to the Native Americans.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Totally agree with you. Good point! Sucks for us!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pitt

I sincerely hope this means my daughter's Zhu Zhu pets will be cheaper since we won't be paying to import them now.

Really, though... we have outsourced American corporate interests in just about every nation on the planet. This is nothing new. We are just starting to get what we've been giving.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Pitt

I couldn't finish reading your opening post,too depressing.
I think the only work americans' will be allowed to do in
these zones is domestic help!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Let's just hope they are more ecologically responsible here than in their own backyard.

As well as more ethical in their building practices....

And less intolerant regarding expressions of dissent...

...you know what... I don't think this bodes well at all.....

(I hope I am very wrong.)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

The USA selling its land to communists?

First, it's "economic zones". Next, it's states. Next, it's half your country.

I though you yanks were uber-Patriotic. Where are all the real Americans to stop this nonsense?

Checking our supplies and making sure our gunpowder is dry.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Tell that to the Native Americans.

Nice.

Yes, well...its a interesting thought...perhaps we will lose our way when the chinese come and build their crystal city in our backyard...perhaps thats how it should be also if we have fallen so far down the technological ladder to where they are our superiors.

star 4 u

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

although i have very little faith in the country bumkins and religious idiots that infest my state. I know that a nice cage has already been built around us and the chinese have nothing to fear.

Ive been learning a bit of chinese, ive always been attracted to asian culture.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I am currently in the limbo the rest of the world knows as "Idaho", and I can tell you from my experience here, the politics are so rife with corruption this story doesn't raise an eyebrow.

You want to open a factory that spews toxins? You want special concessions to hog resources for pennies on the dollar? How about some sweetheart tax breaks?

For the right contribution, and a promise of some wage-slave job creation, you can have your dreams in Idaho!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I mean 50 square miles ain't no mean area. It's about the size of Bermuda, and larger than about 20 countries.

No matter how bad the debt is, you should never never give away your land. At the end of the day, it's all you got.

Just makes me convinced that the USA ain't run by Americans no more...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Why do people find this shocking?

At least this would be contained in one place.

I wonder, what would the reaction be among most average Americans if they knew how much property, buildings, businesses and more that the Chinese own directly and through investments in the USA now.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I don't think this is such a bad idea and here's why:

1. America is made up of Immigrants who took over a place owned by the Natives.
2. Boost for the economy.
3. Americans have business in just about every country in the world.
4. There are communities of U.S. retire-ees(sp?) in places like Peru, Thailand, Portugal, Spain etc
5. 1 world Government is inevitable

I remember hearing about this plan a year back and told some smart folks about, but most of the responses were in favor and after hearing the argument I agree it may be a good thing.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
more foreigners own more land in the us than us americans.

it been on the rise for the past 20 years.

i liken this to prison break yeah someone will be put in charge like a warden and the guards really run the prison and they get payoffs from the prisoners.

china will be doing whatever they want aint nothing the us will even do about it

a corrupt systems supports and creates more coruption thats what they mean by self sustaining.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Blamethegreys...

Your our ears up there.
Appreciate the comments.
Please post updates if they don't make the national news.
I'd really like to hear the "pulse" as this developes. From both sides.
Corruption knows no bounderies.

I have NO political affiliation.

The last time I took a political stance was when Springer and Skeptic announced they were running for President on April Fools Day April 1st.

They even had nekkid pics they took of themselves and it did not go viral.
I would have still voted for them even though my wife was dissapointed.

Of the Pics..

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I mean 50 square miles ain't no mean area. It's about the size of Bermuda, and larger than about 20 countries.

No matter how bad the debt is, you should never never give away your land. At the end of the day, it's all you got.

Just makes me convinced that the USA ain't run by Americans no more...

You're not kidding. In an abstract sense it's like there was an economic war and we lost. Now the winner, China, is taking a chunk of our land..... and it's all cool because the banker's say "It's OK, it's all part of the plan."

I'm not sure the econo-babble and oligarchic platitudes of our so-called "leaders" makes up for the savage decimation of the American Ideal.... which was only for some about economic dominance. Given that the inevitable truth is that those people, whose goal was to rule the world, have also brought us to the brink; it's hard to be impressed with their wisdom thus far.

When I see the political animals at play in the fields of the lord, part of me weeps.

They are as shadow puppets; and yet people still insist that this or that one is 'different' or 'better.'

We need a political revolution. And among those who can, there seems to be none willing to drive the bus.

Our greatest peril now is no longer the nature of the elected leadership. It is now the titanic inertia of a government replete with policy-makers whose loyalties are based upon political expedience and self-serving vainglory. They are, some say, what we deserve for allowing the country to be used as it has, for increasingly narrowed interests - and to the detriment of countless others.

"There is no shame in defending ourselves"; they say. Then they attack. "Remember 9/11" they say, and when we ask about it they direct our attention to "the present" because "the past" is behind us. Then we are asked to submit to being searched and monitored for our own safety from 'the bad guys.'

The leaders proclaim we must acquiesce to the system of exchange the banks demand we use. We must. "We" must.

It is the nature of their loyal submission to this scheme, that the resulting shortages are shared by anyone but themselves, their posterity, or their associates. If they guaranteed our freedom from economic oppression they would have no backers. The economic royalty have come into their own now.

No party is ready, willing, or capable of repairing this dysfunction. There can and must be a single coherent analysis of what they (not the proverbial government they) have done. You see, the show we are treated to is not coherently delivered, and it's far from zealous in it's devotion to truth, knowledge, and wisdom. Perhaps President Hoover was right when he said the idea of commercializing television was madness.

China did to us what we would have done to them. Which to me implies that there is now, and long has been, an economic game going on. The one overarching entity that controls the rules are the banks... the central banks... and their fealty is not to their country

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Let this be sent out to everyone. I wrote a long post here and decided to delete it as it5 may have contained content unsuitable to certain mindsets...

They will have their own workers btw, not Americans...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Brilliant. A waste in this thread I fear as it like this whole situation, not part of the attention stream...

Talk to you family and friends about this, I had that chance today and am glad I did.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
HA!!!!!!

Funny how the world works, dont think it was even 100 years ago European powers were doing the same in China!!!

I wonder if the Chinese will put up signs around their "Cities" that say "No dogs or Caucasians"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join