It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Square Miles South of Boise To Communist China for a "Special Economic Zone"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

China Wants To Construct A 50 Square Mile Self-Sustaining City South Of Boise, Idaho
Thanks to the trillions of dollars that the Chinese have made flooding our shores with cheap products, China is now in a position of tremendous economic power. So what is China going to do with all of that money? One thing that they have decided to do is to buy up pieces of the United States and set up "special economic zones" inside our country from which they can continue to extend their economic domination. One of these "special economic zones" would be just south of Boise, Idaho and the Idaho government is eager to give it to them. China National Machinery Industry Corporation (Sinomach for short) plans to construct a "technology zone" south of Boise Airport which would ultimately be up to 50 square miles in size. The Chinese Communist Party is the majority owner of Sinomach, so the 10,000 to 30,000 acre "self-sustaining city" that is being planned would essentially belong to the Chinese government. The planned "self-sustaining city" in Idaho would include manufacturing facilities, warehouses, retail centers and large numbers of homes for Chinese workers. Basically it would be a slice of communist China dropped right into the middle of the United States.

endoftheamericandream.com...

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.
edit on Fri Jun 10 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thanks! This is my first post and I forgot to add a link!
Thanks for covering my butt!

Seriously though... How many jobs do they think Americans will get out of this?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pitt

At this point the politicians will take any number they can get no matter how high the cost is.

They need to keep people in a tolerable state of misery or the heads will start rolling.

If this means an economic "Red Dawn" they'll do it.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pitt

Good post. China might try to do this, however, their financial situation is greatly in question. They are the holder of over one trillion in US debt and in the position to lose the most if the US goes under. There are articles on Yahoo questioning the US ability to pay the interest on their debt to treasury note holders. The biggest being China and India. If this happens they go down with the ship too.

Also might add that the location mentioned is not very far from Yellowstone. In the event of an eruption, it would be a mute point.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So... uh... nobody seems to care?
IMHO this isn 't "good"at all .

You can bet they will not be held accountable under U.S. criminal laws and environmental regulations;Probably have their own security force with intelligence capabilities...
Think they'll be taxed at all?Our politicians are selling the family jewels out from under us.
edit on 10-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Lol, this is how you conquer your enemies. Take advantage of their corporate greed for cheap labor, once those corporations have transferred 95% of their industry and manufacturing jobs to your nation, go back and offer to buy up large swaths of their land for "special economic zones" - stocked with the sort of industries they once had, only now under your governance.

This is what you deserve America, as you stood by and watched the corporate oligarchy rob you of your wealth as they shipped all your jobs overseas to China and passed trade policies to make themselves wealthy at your expense.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks a huge WTF is in order here?

Are you serious?

This is absolutely insane!
This had better be the shot heard around the world!
I see all the threads on this and I am copying my reply for each one!

(that article is from last year!!!)

edit on 10-6-2011 by havok because: Added timeline

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There was a thread earlier on this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Someone beat ya to it!

But just to add here:

Maps of the Foreign Free Trade (Soft Invasion?) Zones, States and Contact #'s

ia.ita.doc.gov...

Here's a good read also:

China invades U.S. with 'free-trade zones'
Will nation demand American assets in return for subsidizing Obama deficits?

www.wnd.com...

"This ambitious, long-term proposal would start with a manufacturing and warehouse zone tied to the airport, and could signify a shift in the economic relationship between the two superpowers," the Idaho Statesman's Rocky Barker reported. Read more: China invades U.S. with 'free-trade zones' www.wnd.com...

ia.ita.doc.gov...

Foreign Trade Zones (FTZs) were created in the United States to provide special customs procedures to U.S. plants engaged in international trade-related activities. Duty-free treatment is accorded items that are processed in FTZs and then reexported, and duty payment is deferred on items until they are brought out of the FTZ for sale in the U.S. market. This helps to offset customs advantages available to overseas producers who compete with domestic industry. The Foreign-Trade Zones (FTZ) Board (composed of representatives from the U.S. Departments of Commerce and Treasury) has its operational staff in the International Trade Administration's Import Administration.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The USA selling its land to communists?

First, it's "economic zones". Next, it's states. Next, it's half your country.

I though you yanks were uber-Patriotic. Where are all the real Americans to stop this nonsense?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pitt
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thanks! This is my first post and I forgot to add a link!
Thanks for covering my butt!

Very few and how many Americans would want to work in chinese factory conditions anyway?They are not exactly known for the humanitarian treatment of their own "comrade" workers ( nor any respect for the environment).
edit on 10-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I tend to agree. I'm not xenophobic by any means but I have a feeling that they will bring nothing but trouble in the long run. Will this be a closed/gated community?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Pitt

Stars and flags!!! This is the worst piece of news ever. I have such great concerns about POLLUTION!!! If it is a free zone than they will be free of our regulations!

I will have to watch this, someone needs to make a You Tube video about this and make it go viral!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

And just like a bank will do to you if you fail to pay your mortgage, China and India will control of the US and it's resources as payment. The US will be repo'ed, divided into land and sold to the highest bidder.

I seem to remember seeing a map somewhere that showed how the US would be split into foreign territories.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

The video could be cut backs between some of the more pristine areas in Utah, and the over populated and factory controlled madness of Chinas industrial cities...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Im sure the militias will have a very big problem with this as I do. Our politicians needs to be tried for treason over this. Bill Clinton and his crooks started this so lets start with Ole slick wily.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is what you call "getting your foot in the door". If this happens they will surely expand in the USA and after people become complacent they will have their own state in our country. Then they will want to vote and change our system to fit their model. They will baby step towards our country being THEIR country!

After all, we have to respect their religion, beliefs and ideas don't we? Otherwise we would be bigots and racists.There is a plan at work here. To quote Training day.. This sh*t's chess, it ain't checkers"

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
How many jobs will we get? VERY valid question.

If they set up apartments for Chinese laborers to live in on Chinese wages? None on the manufacturing side. Construction? A bunch?

These details should be presented to the residence of Idaho IN advance with the economic impact pro's and cons, so the people of Idaho can VOTE on this decision, in my opinion.

The dynamics are huge. Politics,Finances,Social Impact should be presented to the Voters in great detail.

It's their State. They should have a say so.

There's a lot of smart,true Americans up there. They would'nt just sell out their Country for a few bucks.

Should be an interesting debate.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

If they are using that as a basis to pass this plan off successfully to the community that these "Special Economic Zones" are to be placed in, then it is a valid question. Sorry, the sarcasm wasn't apparent.
My concern is more the "Red Dawn" aspect. This would allow them to position quite a large army on our soil, all over our country. Gives a new meaning to "All the Bases Covered."
We need to get our troops home!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm taking a guess, but these zone's are the same for any foreign company setting up shop, like a Toyota manufacturing plant? If that's the case, it doesn't seem too devious besides the size of the swath of the land they have set aside, but then again, what is the normal size for these zones?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join