It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

underground bunker grimsby uk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
hi there. am from grimsby in the uk. i had rumers that there is a bunker under ethier the town hall or the municipal offices oppsite the town hall. am going to do a bit of digging and looking about there..has any got any advice on what to look out for ? ( any signs that there is a bunker there. venterlation shafts ect ) ive heard it is 30' underground.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

i think most of the town halls in a reasonable sized town or city
have them , i know that blackburn in lancashire has one with quite a long tunnel system .

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Dont know about Grimsby, but I have one locally.
Funnily though you can't miss it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9cb5259dd29d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Something like this?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
you should take a look on 28dayslater.c0.u k , if there is anything, you'll probably find it on there.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You're going to do a bit of digging.......for an underground bunker......

Sorry, couldnt resist.

I know where I am in Dublin there is a secret tunnell that goes under the liffey, I think to the Four Courts.
Anyone know of any bunkers in Ireland?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
tryed 28days later nothing on there... i was wondering if there was anything to look out for that might say there is something there like venterlation ect.. just not sure to look out for.ive always thought it was under the town hall but ive heard today its under the municipal offices.
i wondered if there would be a 2nd entrance/exit away from the town hall or the municipal offices. i know it wouldnt be in view and prob be in a shop a away from it.
edit on 10-6-2011 by rikgrimsby because: to add extra infromation

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Put in a foi request or take a look on www.subbrit.org.uk (a much better resource than 28dl)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just break into the town hall late at night. Sounds reasonable to me.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dmac359

lol dont think it go down to well.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Most cold war bunkers had an escape hatch of some shape or another. An exception to this were ROC posts which had the 1 point of entry/exit

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by benintheuk

yeah i thought they might have another exit ect.. id thought it be in a shop some near the town hall... its worth a look around to see if i can find anything

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Besides cold war bunkers, there are also many small WWII-era bunkers in England which were built as hiding places for civilian partisans, who were trained and equipped by the military to attack, sabotage, and generally hassle the Nazis when they eventually invaded England (as it was generally assumed the Nazis would do.)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I would say most town halls have underground bunkers, If you watch Threads about a nuclear attack on the UK and the film focuses on Sheffield then you would see that an underground nuclear bunker was sited underneath the town hall. Each council had a command centre for post nuclear warfare survival. I am glad they were never used.

join