It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NASA research points to possible HAARP connection in Japan earthquake, tsunami

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Try this one.

It's the one on the article from the OP.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I don't find most of those hard to believe. But I would still do my research to see where this website pulled their information from. I would stop going to the site altogether if they started to claim to have evidence of reptilians controlling the government...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Natural News is worse than the MSM when it comes to lies and fearmongering. I have yet to see a single article from it that isn't packed misrepresentation, bad science, pseudoscience, and outright lies. Yet because it's an alternative "news" site people here take its word at face value and raise a call to arms whenever they publish an article.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Im starting to agree about natural news. The opening paragraph, as well as the title of the article, is misleading. All NASA research showed was the 3 day lead up. The person writing the article is making the connection to haarp, not nasa.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
They claim that the paper says there was

Seemingly inexplicable and rapid heating of the ionosphere directly above the epicenter reached a maximum only three days prior to the quake

False. The claimed temperature anomaly was in the lower atmosphere, not the ionosphere. The researchers took historical data from the area in question to create a sort of template. They then charted the differences from the average data for that area and time period. What they found was that a certain area was producing more longwave infrared than the average level for the time period.

They claim that the paper was

Published in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) publication Technology Review

False. The paper by Ouzounov, et al was not published, an article about the paper was. The actual paper (not peer reviewed) is held at arXiv.
arxiv.org...

That's just for starters. The Natural News article is a joke. The Ouzounov paper is questionable in it's findings.

edit on 6/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
While some estimate it to be more, HAARP has an estimated maximum output of 5.1 GigaWatts
A one Kiloton nuke produces about 238 Gigajoules of energy.
*1 Watt = 1 joule per second.
So if you turn on a 1 watt lamp for 10 seconds, 10 Joules of energy would have been used (10 seconds x 1 watt).

Applying this to HAARPs maximum output of 5.1 GigaWatts, it will need 46.7 seconds to blast the same amount of energy at something as a 1 Kiloton nuke will produce.
Please remember that the nuclear bombs dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima were only 15 and 21 Kilotons.
HAARP can blast that same amount of energy in minutes.

Take the F-22 Raptors APG-77 radar for instance since it operates on roughly the same principles as HAARP. It is said that it can completely FRY enemy aircrafts' radars with its own radar if the pilot focuses the beam on the enemy AC.

All of that with "just" 12.000 Watts of energy. that's not even close to the 5.100.000.000 Watts HAARP produces.

Now imagine what HAARP can do if its blasting 5.1 GigaJoules of energy at something every second, for hours or even days and days (Like a huge microwave). And imagine if the beam is operating as the same frequency as the resonating frequency of the target. Won't that massive amount of energy resonate? Yes.
Would the resonating effects of that kind of energy for an extended period of time produce an earthquake? Most definitely, YES.
Was HAARP used to create the earthquake in Japan? Maybe, HAARP COULD do it if the US Gov wanted it to.

Please educate yourselves before saying "noes! It be a hoax!"

IT--
edit on 10-6-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Again, HAARP opeartes in the Ionosphere. This doesnt make sense.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

While some estimate it to be more, HAARP has an estimated maximum output of 5.1 GigaWatts

Please provide a source.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by edog11

Please provide a source.

Here

The Final IRI (FIRI) is the final build of the IRI. It has 180 antenna units, organized in 15 columns by 12 rows, yielding a theoretical maximum gain of 31 dB. A total of 3.6 MW of transmitter power will feed it, but the power is focused in the upward direction by the geometry of the large phased array of antennas which allow the antennas to work together in controlling the direction. As of March 2007, all the antennas were in place, the final phase was completed and the antenna array was undergoing testing aimed at fine-tuning its performance to comply with safety requirements required by regulatory agencies. The facility officially began full operations in its final 3.6 MW transmitter power completed status in the summer of 2007, yielding an effective radiated power (ERP) of 5.1 Gigawatts or 97.1 dBW at maximum output. However, the site typically operates at a fraction of that value due to the lower antenna gain exhibited at standard operational frequencies.[12]

IT--

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

You're making the mistake that ERP refers to the amount of energy it is directing at the ionosphere. However, ERP refers to the energy gains and losses of the entire system. As stated, HAARP is only capable of transmitting at 3.6 Mw.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

Oh. I see, you're talking about ERP, not transmitter power. Not quite the same thing. The total transmitter power of HAARP is 3.6MW. It cannot transmit more power than that. ERP is a calculated, theoretical value. If the full power of HAARP were being transmitted from a single point (at 10MhZ), the power at that point would be 5.1GW. That doesn't happen though. The entire transmitter array covers about 22.6 acres.

Take the F-22 Raptors APG-77 radar for instance since it operates on roughly the same principles as HAARP.

Not really, HAARP does not transmit microwaves.

Now imagine what HAARP can do if its blasting 5.1 GigaJoules of energy at something every second, for hours or even days and days (Like a huge microwave).

The IRI beam can only affect the ionosphere above the transmitter (within about 30º of vertical). It cannot "blast" anything else. It operates at between 2.8 and 10 MhZ, it does not transmit microwaves.

edit on 6/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I am beginning to be troubled by this tenuous connection between HAARP and cataclysmic natural events.

Aside from the usual skepticism and techno-jargon thrown about when such possibilities are discussed; I have a major objection to the idea that anyone would use this weapon to kill thousands and destroy lives, simply because they can.

Not to destroy lives. But to reduce competition form Japanese cars in the recovering US auto market.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Perhaps it is NOT HARP and actually solar events triggering these events. Lets face it, no one wants to be the harbinger of death and admit things outside of our control. It is better to allude to how its man made and thus something controllable...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
if it does what they say its the perfect weapon... we just go around causing natural disasters with out firing shots to that the innocent people really suffer... I believe in Science... I believe that its necessary to experiment... to advance... but if this thing can just be pointed at a specific fault line and focused until it causes an earthquake, volcano, drought, or flood. Were all screwed...

I believe that messing with mother nature comes back 10 fold. No religion has done the things that mother nature has done. I think weather modification is going to wind up leaving us with no atmosphere, just a dry lifeless rock, that once flourished till we got to thinking we were start enough to control the weather.
edit on 10-6-2011 by SecretNebraska because: finished thought

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BlubberyConspiracy

OK, that sounds like a viable motive... but does the industry have access to HAARP? Would those 'at the helm' so to speak really be willing to cause billions in damages and untold thousands of deaths (never mind the subsequent problems) to compensate for the inviability of the american industrial business model?

If they would, and could, how could they convince the gatekeepers to allow such a thing?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

reply to post by BlubberyConspiracy

OK, that sounds like a viable motive... but does the industry have access to HAARP? Would those 'at the helm' so to speak really be willing to cause billions in damages and untold thousands of deaths (never mind the subsequent problems) to compensate for the inviability of the american industrial business model?

If they would, and could, how could they convince the gatekeepers to allow such a thing?

I agree, no logical connection between the two.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I am beginning to be troubled by this tenuous connection between HAARP and cataclysmic natural events.

Aside from the usual skepticism and techno-jargon thrown about when such possibilities are discussed; I have a major objection to the idea that anyone would use this weapon to kill thousands and destroy lives, simply because they can.

In the end, there has to be a reason why such devastation would be desirable. Can anyone speculate as to why the operators of HAARP (assuming that they have this capability) would do this?

(Also, and for the record, I am starting to grow concerned about Natural News as a news source. I wonder if they are as much journalist as they are sensationalists? Lately, their material has been bordering on the alarmist and at the extreme end of the news spectrum. Is anyone else noticing that?)

2 words... "POPULATION CONTROL" It is said there are those powers that be who would like to reduce the worlds population down to around 2 million...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Natural News now is on par with "all news web".com and "what does it mean".com

People should not be reposting material from this site without checking sources or looking into the stories. In fact, with the material that's been posted lately (ever?), naturalnews is not a source for solid information and should probably be omitted entirely.

Thread on Natural News lies here.

Another Natural News article with spin that was uncovered quiclky in the thread.

edit on 10-6-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

In the end, there has to be a reason why such devastation would be desirable. Can anyone speculate as to why the operators of HAARP (assuming that they have this capability) would do this?

Here is the reason!

Originally posted by Regenstorm

Originally posted by zenzen

'I'm not surprised. This situation is crazy. Let me tell you something. You see, we Japanese lost the war to the Americans. They gave us an atomic experience first and and then they came in and ruled under military law and set up all these weird laws and systems here that we can't touch. They forced us to build nuclear power stations in vulnerable areas all around the coastline. This is because we lost the war. GE designed these reactors. They knew that they were flaws in the design of the reactor and the whole station but they forced us, because we had no choice because we lost the war. Now we have this situation and it's effecting the world.'

>>
We also spoke of distrust in the information and the radiation levels given out by the government. Now, I say this guy rocked. He did so because the undercurrent of Japanese sentiment is raising its head, even civil servants are at least aware of the setting up of this situation and talking about it. Not unprecedented but compared to how rare individuals commenting in public is on other issues in Japan, the rile is rising.

Whilst we could comment on the Japanese role in the war, this is bigger than the politricks of that and a discussion for another time and place. This is really blowing the lid off of many things in Japan, so to speak.

World War 2 plays indeed a significant role. I believe right away that the USA has forced you to build those plants. It deserves a thread of its own. I'm very glad that you became a member of ATS, I was hoping to meet Japanese people here for a long time. It seems that you faced the same destiny like Germany did. Just google "Morgenthau Plan" or "Rhine Meadow Camps". TPTB want this to happen, that's why the press is ignoring it, they want to make sure Japan can not stand up again, just like Germany. Both nations were a great danger for TPTB back in the old days, propaganda and disinformation suggest otherwise and has even fooled 90% of the members on ATS. Thanks for this post!

I've never been in Japan. I'm Dutch and though I had a lot to do with Germans, I had been there only a few times until 1995 when I moved to Germany. I was shocked, I had never seen so many "broken" people, many are really like zombies. What I noticed was the effect of the Morgenthau-Plan.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Regenstorm because: added the quote I was searching for over 20 minutes

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
reply to post by HunkaHunka

NASA have not said anything of the sort, when you look a the article used as source for the article you used as source, there is no mention of haarp.

Link to article used as source article

Sorry to burst your bubble the natural news is fabricating
edit on 10-6-2011 by solargeddon because: did a whoopsie

People on this website are stupid.
They also happen to be very religious[most]..go figure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join