It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Read Thread!! ( I Just Finished Watching...) About Surviving After Armagedon!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I just read the thread "I Just Finished Watching.." and wanted to bring it to the attention of more people on ATS. Its a very good one about how to survive AFTER Armegedon, but getting ignored because the topic is not in the title of the thread. Please check it out!

Maybe someone can help me post the link. I don't know how, but any help in this area would be greatly appreciated to get the word out about that thread. Thanks for the help in advance.

Just received help from super moderator Jackatmtn who posted the link below for me. Thank you SOOOO much for the help to the other link. I know the original poster will appreciate your help as well.

edit on 10-6-2011 by kissitgoodbye because: didn't know how to put in the link to the original thread "I Just Finished Watching..."

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
How?

Link please?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
A thread about a thread?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I think adding the names to the cable shows in a list would be useful. That way folks could look them up and record as needed.

Partial set of notes from "'After the Apocalypse'": (history channel)

The writers were really spot on with this one. They called many things I completely failed to notice and laid it out in a sequence of events according to the weeks as they went by. This threw me off the first time I watched it, but this time I put it all into 30 day segments and found out I was lacking by at least 50% of where I should be to meet each set of challenges.

The key points I missed were as follows:

1. Meds, medical supplies, medical books and medical experience are worth more than any amount of silver or gold. This should be the first focus now and at every stage.

2. Women and children are never to be trusted. In the end game they become savage and brutal killers. Where as men tend to think and plan coherently to acquire more food and water, they are driven by genetics and hormones to survive only in the present. This applies more to strangers than your own.

3. A 2 year stabilization is required for the proper die off and the human spirit to begin to form long term lifestyles again.

4. Plan on the infiltrators. They will beg at your feet day one. Share what they have day two while you sing around the campfire. And slit your throat on day three so their clan can take what you have. They are skilled. We are not.

Solid point they made:

Every 30 days the competition will get tougher among survivors. Its also exponential. If you hit your 30,60,90, and 120 day marks the game got tougher and more brutal at each stage.

From 120 days until order and civilization begin to recover at two years....its a crap shoot, and you need to stay armed, aware and awake to the big picture. Looking at every new thing and place as a trap, and planning your escape before hand.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

Then you bump the thread, no point in making a new one, especially without a link to the thread you are bumping with this thread....wait what?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Here's the thread where you can join the discussion..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you,

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join