It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if We Had Wings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
What if we still had all the same features as we do now, but our arms had wings on them too? Or maybe we have wings on our backs instead. Hard to say which would be more efficient.

Maybe we are a little bit lighter somehow too so we can be more aerodynamic.

But let's ignore the laws of physics and gravity and such, and imagine human beings could have working wings somewhere on our body.

If all human beings suddenly sprouted wings, what kind of changes would there be in the world?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
theyred be more people eating worms and crapping on cars.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

You mean besides the obvious obsoletion of airports?

We'd have to redesign chairs.

On a plus side, I think we'd move to a shirtless society.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

We would sing often "I believe i can fly..."

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah

If all human beings suddenly sprouted wings, what kind of changes would there be in the world?

Cleaner transport
imagine ALL the transportation eliminated the pollution from planes trains boats CARS would be lowered as well as the need to produce mineral fuels which means less EARTH RAPE for minerals.= cleaner air families can visit w/o considering the COST of traveling.

But will the wings work in space lol.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

There will be hell on earth, random flying hit squads, my wings are bigger then your wings fights in the streets... having to cut holes in my motorbike jacket for my wings to go though..
but at least it might be faster to get pizza delivered.
but on a side note...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/839e7ad4e91d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Steve Miller's - Fly Like an Eagle will be #1 on all the music charts.

OK in all seriousness. I think there would be new laws passed for flying. Like we'd have to get a flying license. Have flight paths, and get taxed for having balloons that designate these paths in the air. Can't just have everyone flying around chaotically all willy nilly.

There would be an influx of UFO sightings. People would get struck by lightning a lot more. I'd invest in goggle producing factory stocks and become wealthy. People will dye the feathers on their wings to stand out and express themselves. The worldwide economy would bottom out as the price of oil plunges... That's about it.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
those without food would fly to those countries with food, resulting in global famine, those nations would be called locust nations, and be treated as such, therefore the NWO would get its population control, were are better off without wings, if god...........

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There would be a hundred government regulations regarding height, routes, weight, schedules, traffic flows...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Heres what would happen

we would keep flying to the boundries of our atmosphere with each generation pushing further and further

untill pesky evolution kicks in and grants us the ability to be able to live in space without any gear

then we would keep going generation after generation flying through space to new planets and everyone would have there own merry little planet

mind you this would take probably a trillion generations for it to fully work . But of course that timeline starts after the fact we get the wings

perhaps ... a human version of this........

www.ebaumsworld.com...

What do you say team ATS?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I wouldnt want to ever get drunk as who knows what i might try.

reply to post by seedofchucky

i suppose thats what pidgeons are doing now, isnt it lol.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
We would be shooting targets for rednecks! "HEY there's another one Paw...POW...go fetch him Fiddo." "Good shot son, we sho is gonna be eating good tonight boy."

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If we base this question along with our Current World, then we would have a bunch of people with broken wings!

Nothing is as sad as a bird that has broken its wing! A fate no bird would want or desire!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
we have wings but only for more subtle dimensions

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Alot of people getting hit by planes(take off/landing-not crusing altitude). Most people are lazy and fat, they will use planes still or not be able to get of the ground. How many fat americans can jump let alone fly( yeah im american). Us daredevil/jacka**/adreniline junkies will have fun flying around. Then you got the gov and the speed laws etc.....

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Cleaner transport
imagine ALL the transportation eliminated the pollution from planes trains boats CARS would be lowered as well as the need to produce mineral fuels which means less EARTH RAPE for minerals.= cleaner air families can visit w/o considering the COST of traveling.

But will the wings work in space lol.

Not to kill your joy and all, but I think those things would still exist.
We after all humans have the ability to walk, but you don't see us walking everywhere now do you?
One can only go a certain distance before getting extremely tired, after all.

new topics

top topics

join