It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently, 75% of Americans want to be Dragged Back to the Jim Crow Era

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Baby Seal Club

Originally posted by ChrisF231
reply to post by Cuervo

Look, if you can't afford to go down to the DMV and get a driver's license or non driver ID card then you have some very serious issues. Both cost $12 in New York and you simply have to go to any one of the many NYS DMV offices with 3 forms of ID and fill out some papers.

This implies that the Democrats want to register illegal immigrants to vote which is illegal.
edit on 10-6-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

What this implies is that you advocate that anyone with a low income should not have the right to vote. Are you afraid that they won't vote like you want?

Just curious; what did poor people do to you?

"yes we can!".....
Er... what?
"yes we can!...
Can what?
"Hope and change!"
Er... Hope for what? change from what to what?
"yes we can!....."
edit on 10-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

Originally posted by daddyroo45
reply to post by Antiquated1

What is the problem with a photo id ?

They are not free nor handed out because you exist.

Most people I know take their face with them wherever they go. I am not advocating RFID by any means,but a simple photo id,come on. What right is that infringing upon ?

That would be the government forcing everyone to purchase something, wouldn't it?

i started to rant so ill make this short

you say 11 percent dont have ids

well this is a nation of the majority which many people have forgotten

we can either cower to the minority 11 percent

or we can make voting legit and make sure people only vote who should

now with that in mind, remember the majority of the usa doesnt even vote

so now let me ask, whats the percentage of actual natural citizens who vote that dont have ids?

i vote for needing ids to vote

im in favor of anything that will stop the illegal hispanic plague to america as my own neighborhood has been over run including the corrupt police force

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

An individual's presence at the polling place does not imply of confer citizenship.

And just to be just, citizens accepting federal or state assistance should not be eligible to participate in the election process. Only employed, tax-paying citizens over the age of 25 should be able to vote.

Too many children electing too many cartoon clowns is one of our problems.

Voting is a holy obligation not theater for the blind.

I have a problem with your argument about those on assistance not being able to vote, how do they help elect a party that will improve their odds to become gainfully employed if they have no voice? Why not just say to be eligible to vote you must make over $500,000.00 a year? As for the young vote..."Your old enough to kill but not for votin" comes to mind. If you're old enough to ship out and get killed for your country, you sure as hell should be allowed to choose the party that puts you in harms way!

link   
reply to post by Cuervo

It's what follows that is scary. If they allow this then what will that open doors to? Expand this on a macro scale and you will start having income requirements or more and more expensive documents to obtain. Oh, I know! Let's make the card have basic membership and gold membership! The gold membership will cost 100 bucks and count as three votes! Woohoo! Capitalism trumps democracy again!

That is by far the most baseless, silliest slippery slope argument I've ever heard. Why not admit that you need to have a no-peek system so that you can stuff the ballot box?

link   
dbl post
edit on 10-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Voter ID is about equal representation. One person, one vote. Not requiring valid ID is saying vote all you want, as often as you want, your vote not only counts once, it counts as many times as you're willing to vote, as many times as you're willing to spit on the Constitution, as many times as you're willing to commit voter fraud. Remember Ed Schultz telling his viewer(s) to go out and vote as many times as possible? I do (can't find the You-tube link....).

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I bet you were one of those people who said "If you ain't guilty, what are you afraid of!" when they introduced the Patriot Act.

It adds one more barrier for people who would otherwise vote. Who wants to go take a driver's test and pay the money just so they can VOTE... it's a freaking right that we have. Not a privilege.

I don't care if it costs ONE PENNY. It's unconstitutional.

Now I'm beginning to think you're just trolling and baiting. And throwing up strawman arguments to boot. You know there is no req to take a driver's license.

Why do you lie?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Agree; some kind of check of citizenship is needed.I don't remember when we registered but every election year we go down to the municiple building and a bunch of older volunteers(?) look at our drivers licenses; find our names in the register;hand us a ballot and cross our names off the register.

I don't see why people just couldn't bring some kind of id down ahead of time to be included in the process. After "verification" scan a finger print ( no charge) and when that finger returns scan it again to remove the person's name from the "still eligible to vote " log.

By the way we are a "country of laws" ( constitutional republic; not a "country of the majority".
SeeYour Momma was right :" THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY!"

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

What is the problem with a photo id ?

They are not free nor handed out because you exist.

They are NEARLY FREE here in South Carolina. That's right; a bona fide, state-issued ID, featuring with the worst picture you will ever take in your life, is available for a whopping FIVE DOLLARS!

And while they are getting their ID, folks can also register to vote at the same location - absolutely free:

Thanks to the Motor Voter Act established in 1993, South Carolina residents can now register to vote at any DMV branch office. You'll need to complete the Voter Registration Application and show proper ID. Your voter registration card will be mailed to you.

SOURCE: www.dmv.org...

I'm very sorry Antiquated1, but those excuses you gave earlier why some people would not have an ID are just not cutting it. Anyone who doesn't have a valid ID - you can get one even if your driving privileges are suspended or revoked permanently - is just lazy.

The Department of Social Services here in SC provides free transportation to ANYONE who is elderly or disabled and can not get to doctor's appointments, or to the Social Security office, or Social Services appointments, by themselves: so that excuse doesn't fly either. All you need is $5 and a smile to get an ID good for cashing checks, getting into bars, or... VOTING!
edit on 6/10/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I say cut to the chase and go back to the founder's real intent; only landed, wealthy, white males should be able to vote. What do a bunch of plebes know about what's right for the country? They are just there for labor and cannon fodder!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

you'll be giving them a ride to the dmv to get their id if they have no access to car or transport?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The only reason this is being done is to discourage people from voting...just to make the process more tedious than it needs to be.

People still find ways to buy alcohol and cigarettes illegally with a photo ID anyway...what makes some of you think that this will be any different?

A social security number should be enough....we all have one and it's exclusive to each one of us. No more should be needed other than some other basic information.

Bullcrap. You know, or should know, that SS #'s are stolen every day. How can you say such silly comments like "The only reason this is being done is to discourage people from voting" when many states offer FREE Voter ID cards? Wise up. :shk:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
dbl post

edit on 10-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I like how no one here realizes that in the majority of states, they have a law that you must have and keep on you at all times a state issued photo ID. WI being one I know of for sure.

With that said.....I know voter fraud happens in mass numbers. It's absolutely insane to think we have to sit and spend time fighting this law. Show your drivers license or photo ID, you get to vote. Scan the ID, it will show if they have already voted...the end.

It would also create some real jobs out there for people who design and maintain the voting networks, applications, etc. Beats spending billions on pig manure smell research........

It honestly makes me sick to my stomach thinking how crooked this country is. We spend so much time and effort and money on the most pointless things. Supporting a welfare/entitlement state of mind. Throwing money at the most idiotic projects and developments.

We still have $4 a gallon for gas. My past 4 cars have gotten 30mpg for the last 20years. People are still starving. The government is still wasting money. And we still to this date can't get a fair and honest election because of the corrupt government in this country.

I don't know where to begin, I don't know where to end....

It honestly makes me sick.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Could you give a good reason why someone that is a citizen of this country,would not have some form of identification ? I mean if they will take the time to vote,why not take the time to get a proper id.

1)

Photo ID's cost money.

Voting should not cost money.

Period.

2)

Citizenship does not require a photo ID.

All citizens get to vote.

Period.

3)

Ihre Papiere, Bitte

I though we were done with fascism.

Period.

If I wake up each day in this great country, farm my own food... drink from the spring the flows forth... and I choose to take part in a democratic process that makes this land great and keeps it free... why do I have to be numbered, tagged, chipped, verified, registered, authorized, and licensed? Why? Why? Why? and why?

The right to privacy is a basic human right and the 9th amendment withholds all rights not enumerated in the hands of the individual citizen.

If I was born here to parents also born legal citizens... why do I need to be treated like cattle, enslaved to bureaucracy and public fear with the mark of this ugly beast always in my pocket, or else living in exile from the very democratic process which is supposed to protect my freedom?

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"

Sri Oracle - a friend of old Ben

On election day, I think I'll tool around to a dozen cities and towns and cast a vote in each one. That's how your corrupt liberal parties steal elections, so I can see why you are against picture ID.

Please don't quote Ben Franklin - you sound like a fool.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I thought 'hmmm' and wiki'd Jim Crow Laws

The Jim Crow laws were state and local laws in the United States enacted between 1876 and 1965. They mandated de jure racial segregation in all public facilities, with a supposedly "separate but equal" status for black Americans. In reality, this led to treatment and accommodations that were usually inferior to those provided for white Americans, systematizing a number of economic, educational and social disadvantages.

It goes on to explain;

Generally, the remaining Jim Crow laws were overruled by the Civil Rights Act of 1964[1] and the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

Hmmm, Voting Rights Act of 1965.

The 13th Amendment, ratified in 1865 after the Civil War, abolished and prohibited slavery and secured a minimal degree of citizenship to former slaves. The 14th Amendment, ratified in 1868, granted citizenship to all people “born or naturalized in the United States,” and included the due process and equal protection clauses. This amendment did not explicitly prohibit vote discrimination on racial grounds.

Then we have the Fifteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude

Hmm..."Servitude"? That's pretty vague, it doesn't specify involuntary or voluntary,

Let us check the legal dictionaries. Servitude

The state of a person who is subjected, voluntarily or involuntarily, to another person as a servant. A charge or burden resting upon one estate for the benefit or advantage of another.

What is a "charge" dear legal dictionary?

To impose a burden, duty, obligation, or lien; to create a claim against property; to assess; to demand; to accuse; to instruct a jury on matters of law. To impose a tax, duty, or trust. To entrust with responsibilities and duties (e.g., care of another). In commercial transactions, to bill or invoice; to purchase on credit. In Criminal Law, to indict or formally accuse.

Looks like the 15th Amendment trumps the call for "State ID cards" to be requirements for voting. There is already a working voter registration process in use. Essentially the State "Corporation" "charges" you for the 'privilege of commerce' through the use of these "State IDs" which cost money (TAX).

Do you think " Poll Taxes " are a good or bad thing?

Look it's right here. Twenty-fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

Hey don't be mad at me, it's just the Law.

You cannot suppress people by requiring a 'poll tax'. Read them and weep.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

How do the numbers not jive? I do not understand how not showing an ID at the booth would allow fake people to register. It looks a lot like many of you have actually never voted. The only people that can vote are the ones in the registration books. Photo ID or no photo ID, you cannot have more voters than you have registrations and the numbers you offered up show no indication otherwise.

Can someone explain to me how this allows voter fraud? I am feel like I am missing something.

"Hi. I'm new in town, been here only 2 months. But I really want to vote."

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Do the 75% of Americans realize that the Jim Crow era has nothing to do with the
movie "The Crow"?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I was thinking, why not just give everyone a mark or implant...say on your right hand or forehead? That way you could be scanned and no need to carry identification. What do you think?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

Could you give a good reason why someone that is a citizen of this country,would not have some form of identification ? I mean if they will take the time to vote,why not take the time to get a proper id.

1)

Photo ID's cost money.

Voting should not cost money.

Period.

2)

Citizenship does not require a photo ID.

All citizens get to vote.

Period.

3)

Ihre Papiere, Bitte

I though we were done with fascism.

Period.

If I wake up each day in this great country, farm my own food... drink from the spring the flows forth... and I choose to take part in a democratic process that makes this land great and keeps it free... why do I have to be numbered, tagged, chipped, verified, registered, authorized, and licensed? Why? Why? Why? and why?

The right to privacy is a basic human right and the 9th amendment withholds all rights not enumerated in the hands of the individual citizen.

If I was born here to parents also born legal citizens... why do I need to be treated like cattle, enslaved to bureaucracy and public fear with the mark of this ugly beast always in my pocket, or else living in exile from the very democratic process which is supposed to protect my freedom?

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"

Sri Oracle - a friend of old Ben

edit on 10-6-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

Please, allow me...

1) Photo IDs do cost money. But compared to the cost of voter fraud, don't you think it is marginal? Nothing is free, period.

2) Citizenship DOES require an ID. It's called a BIRTH CERTIFICATE. Agencies require you to show your birth certificate to obtain a photo ID. A photo ID is much more portable and convenient than carrying your original birth certificate folded up in your wallet, wouldn't you agree?

Apparently you're one of those who believe that someone becomes a citizen simply by crossing the border into this country.

3) Having "papers" doesn't necessarily mean you live in a fascist state, although we DO live in one for the most part. There are plenty of instances where your identity would need to be verified, and not for nefarious reasons.

edit on 10-6-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join