It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently, 75% of Americans want to be Dragged Back to the Jim Crow Era

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Liberals are more guilty than any other party. Case in Point. One word. ACORN. Funny you never mentioned that. Seems to me your being a little biased. Hmmm. Interesting.

ACORN pleads guilty to voter registration fraud in Nevada

dailycaller.com...

Voting eligibility literacy test.

Question 1.
Do you know the difference between voter fraud and registration fraud?
Not so fast, Kelly.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

And so why do you suppose the Democrats didnt win in 2000 and 2004 if they are able to so easily manipulate the vote? Hmmmm?

Ummm....Because the omniscient PTB did not want them to win, for reasons far beyond our ken? Part of their grand plan to control us with a police state and food shortages before they herd us into FEMA concentration camps?

edit on 12-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

Is this sarcasm again or do you really believe that we have no real choice anyway? You seem pretty confused as to whether or not you thin this is a good idea and whether or not you think it does not matter how we vote anyway. Can you pick one? Can you explain how it is both? Or is this another joke no one but you gets?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

IDs are not a monetary payment, it is not a tax, it is not a literacy tax. It is a simple requirement to provide something that everybody has. Your social security card counts as a form of ID. Unless you weren't born in the US (or you weren't born at all ... I'm looking at you illegal Android-Americans) you have one. So the entire concept of it somehow prohibiting and restricting voting rights is simply a fools argument.

edit on 6-12-2011 by WolfofWar because: I wrote Photo by accident.

Social Security Cards are not photo IDs.
How about every person that could not understand a simple article be disqualified from voting?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

It has your signature and SS number on it, which allows you to verify and match a person.

Since when does a SS Card contain your signature? Oh...right. After you sign it. How in the world would anyone ever be able to produce the same fraudulent signature twice.
They are not issued with signatures on them you know?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

Why would you be committing voter registration fraud, if not to commit voting fraud? I can think of no other logical reason myself...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

reply to post by DZAG Wright

So if you know this...why fuss about voter fraud?

See how that works?

There is a certain percentage - not high, mind you, but a percentage - that are unable to see sarcasm and humor in some posts.

I'm looking at you when I say that, DZAG..

Need I say more?

edit on 13-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

So, this was sarcasm?

Bingo! We are irrelevant! We only think that our vote counts!

So what was this?

Ummm....Because the omniscient PTB did not want them to win, for reasons far beyond our ken? Part of their grand plan to control us with a police state and food shortages before they herd us into FEMA concentration camps?

edit on 12-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

It is actually quite hard to understand what you have posted now that should be taken seriously and what should be understood as sarcasm. Do you think it is actually all controlled anyway or not? This seems important because you make two opposing arguments to try and prove two different points which goes a long way to show that you are just trying to shut down opposing viewpoints, no matter how much you have to contradict yourself to do it. That seems dishonest for a reason. I am really curious why there is so much deceit going into advocating voter suppression.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
Who is responsible to exercise that right? Me? Anyone who starred your post should be ashamed. It is a pretty simple process to get a state I.D., at least if you are here legally.

Ease is not the issue for me and it never has been. The problem with your argument is that same "ease" is malleable and going by this, somewhat tenuous. Still, not my concern.

I am responsible for myself and my actions and the action to get a valid I.D. falls upon myself and no one else. If you want to participate in this Nation, take care of your responsibilities to be able to participate in it. Of course, you have the right, you also have the responsibility to first use it, and figure out the requirements.

I do not know who you are talking to but the constitution begs to differ with you. The constitution only ask that you be born here which you can prove when you register.

How do these non-identified people get cigarettes and alcohol without I.D.? If it is required for that, voting responsibilities should be no different.
edit on 6/13/2011 by mugger because: add

By offering the merchant money.

How does anyone buy anything? You do not need a photo ID to buy these things. Well, maybe you do. You might need to wear a helmet around the house as well, I do not know. I am not required to show a photo ID to buy these things because there is no such law requiring that I do so. Even if there were, the constitution does not cover my right to buy smokes and booze so I do not care.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Why would you be committing voter registration fraud, if not to commit voting fraud? I can think of no other logical reason myself...

It really does not matter here since this proposal does nothing to address registration fraud. I had to show a photo ID to register. With this law, that just means I need to keep that same photo ID with me. Easy enough.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Yes I know the difference. Do you know the difference between moral and immoral? Looks like your good at deflecting away from the general basis of the discussion. I understand, its hard to accept defeat.
Seems like the liberal party doesn't have a problem with that good old saying "The end justifies the means". Personally I hold myself to a higher standard than that, but maybe you dont. That's fine. Let me know how that works out for you.

Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.
Robert Frost

edit on 14-6-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Voter fraud is a non-issue.
If they were actually worried about Vote fraud they would get rid of electronic voting machines.
But they won't do that since it gives them the ability to fix elections.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

If they were actually worried about Vote fraud they would get rid of electronic voting machines.

And it's impossible to fix elections with paper ballots?

Voter/registration fraud *is* an issue.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Asktheanimals

What I find ironic is that the biggest example of voter fraud was when G-dub stole the election from that other Skull-N'-Bones fella. Yet, it's his political gene pool that wants to add a prohibitive element to voting in the false guise of "preventing voter fraud".

I still can't believe people are buying it.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I keep seeing these arguments that requiring someone to have a voter ID card is unconstitutional because it costs money. Well, the 26th ammendment to the Bill of Rights is stated as thus:

"The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age."

The second ammendment gives you the right to "keep and bear arms", but that doesn't mean that just because it's my right, that I shouldn't have to pay for a gun.

My point is that no where in the Constitution does it say that "All rights listed herein must be provided for FREE." It DOES say that you can't deny someone their right due to their race, color, religion, sex, etc. That's my two cents, as it is.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MensaDude
I keep seeing these arguments that requiring someone to have a voter ID card is unconstitutional because it costs money. Well, the 26th ammendment to the Bill of Rights is stated as thus:

"The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age."

Maybe at your next MENSA meeting, someone can teach you what "shall not be abridged" means.

The second ammendment gives you the right to "keep and bear arms", but that doesn't mean that just because it's my right, that I shouldn't have to pay for a gun.

My point is that no where in the Constitution does it say that "All rights listed herein must be provided for FREE." It DOES say that you can't deny someone their right due to their race, color, religion, sex, etc. That's my two cents, as it is.

The 2nd amendment does not say anything about guns. If you do not like paying for your arms, build your own. You have that right.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

Yes I know the difference. Do you know the difference between moral and immoral? Looks like your good at deflecting away from the general basis of the discussion. I understand, its hard to accept defeat.
Seems like the liberal party doesn't have a problem with that good old saying "The end justifies the means". Personally I hold myself to a higher standard than that, but maybe you dont. That's fine. Let me know how that works out for you.

Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.
Robert Frost

I do not even know what you are talking about. I really do not get anything you posted here.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1
reply to post by mishigas

The right to vote.

I agree it is a right... But what of the fact that felons lose their RIGHT to vote?

Just a thought I had... If it is a right how can it be taken away?

Hmm

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Convince me.

Stop hiding all that great evidence that voter fraud is an issue. You seem genuinely worried about a problem you cannot even demonstrate ever happening. Repeat it without any backing facts for another 20+ pages then. See if you get any more convincing that way.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I do not agree with felons losing their right to vote either.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If you have to show a photo ID to vote its racist?...Ok,Is it racist to require you to be 18 before you vote?...How about racist if its required to be a citizen to vote?...Lets get all the different racist ideas out there

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Cost of State Issued IDs by state

The most expensive one i saw was a 10 year ID from the state of Georgia. It was a WHOPPING 35 SMACKERS!!!!!!!! If someone cant afford 35 bucks every 10 years then how the hell did they get on welfare to begin with? It only makes sense to ID people at the polls. ONE legal citizen, ONE legal vote. Whats the problem with that? Anyone arguing that it costs too much or that it costs at all to get an ID card Needs to get off the internet for a month to pay for that ID card. I find it hard to imagine all the hungry, homeless, naked, cold, shoeless, people who are sitting on the sidewalk right now playing on their laptops.

MOTF!
edit on 14-6-2011 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join