It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently, 75% of Americans want to be Dragged Back to the Jim Crow Era

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hey, coastalite, vor78, mishigas, Plotus, zenjewel, and kellynap43:

It is really great to see that there people that actually have common sense. I have starred all of your posts.

I must say that don't worry, some people here have no clue what they are talking about and will make up anything to try to get their point across. Just prove them wrong and laugh at them, and they will give up. It's happened before!!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

THERE IS NO REASON YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE VALID FORM OF PHOTO ID if you are a legal functioning citizen of this great nation. Anybody who argues otherwise must be an illegal, criminal, or just plain DUMB!!

In my area, to legally register to vote, you have to have proof of identity. If you have to verify your identity (like should be required) to register, you should definitely have to verify your identity to vote.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by deesul69

THERE IS NO REASON YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE VALID FORM OF PHOTO ID if you are a legal functioning citizen of this great nation. Anybody who argues otherwise must be an illegal, criminal, or just plain DUMB!!

No reason? Lots of people dont carry photo id, and requiring them to do so to exercise their constitutional right to vote is a poll tax, unless you want the government to furnish them all for free.

Anybody who argues otherwise must be an illegal, criminal, or just plain DUMB!!

Again, this 'issue' is nothing more than prep-work for the GOP to claim that roving bands of illegal immigrants are why mtttens romney loses to Obama in 2012.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

NO president has won reelection when unemployment is over 9%. This is fact. This president, unless he can crap gold in the next year, he will not be re-elected.

Current Unemployment 9.1%

You seem to misunderstand my point. I am not arguing the merits of Obama. I am merely pointing out that this GOP-manufactured issue is prep work to cover their arses when they lose, as they are obviously desperately hoping to do.

The GOP DONT WANT TO WIN IN 2012. Anyone who doesnt see that, is naive as all get out. And this manufactured faux-issue is for the explicit purpose of creating an excuse for why they will lose in 2012, in the same way the Dems cried foul in 2004, EVEN THOUGHT THEY DIDNT WANT TO WIN THE ELECTION IN THE FIRST PLACE!

So, to re-cap--the GOP are intentionally hamstringing themselves for the 2012 election, but they need to create some pre-prepared excuses to hide this intentional loss, and this issue is a perfect one.

Go ahead, deny it, Republicans-in-hiding.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Americans take the integrity of our elections for granted. Every citizen has an equal right to vote, and every vote cast is counted. Rubbish.

The voter rolls of this country are stuffed with illegal aliens, felons and dead people, who not only vote, they vote overwhelmingly Democrat.

Citizens in uniform serving overseas, who might vote Republican, are routinely denied the right to vote when ballots are mailed "too late" to be returned in time to count. When a Republican wins a close race, uncounted ballots are "found" in the backseat of a Democrat poll worker's car.

American elections are getting more corrupt every election year.

www.humanevents.com...

And so why do you suppose the Democrats didnt win in 2000 and 2004 if they are able to so easily manipulate the vote? Hmmmm?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

And so why do you suppose the Democrats didnt win in 2000 and 2004 if they are able to so easily manipulate the vote? Hmmmm?

Ummm....Because the omniscient PTB did not want them to win, for reasons far beyond our ken? Part of their grand plan to control us with a police state and food shortages before they herd us into FEMA concentration camps?

edit on 12-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Because the last Democrat in office nailed a fat chick with a cigar and lied about it!!

No amount of fraud could get around that one!!

edit on 12-6-2011 by deesul69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

No reason? Lots of people dont carry photo id, and requiring them to do so to exercise their constitutional right to vote is a poll tax, unless you want the government to furnish them all for free.

Anybody who argues otherwise must be an illegal, criminal, or just plain DUMB!!

Again, this 'issue' is nothing more than prep-work for the GOP to claim that roving bands of illegal immigrants are why mtttens romney loses to Obama in 2012.

You spent all this time since being proven wrong in yesterday's debate reading the Constitution, and this is all you could come up with?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

You spent all this time since being proven wrong in yesterday's debate reading the Constitution, and this is all you could come up with?

No, sir, you didn't 'prove me wrong'. You claimed so. Your opinion is not 'proof'.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

IDs are not a monetary payment, it is not a tax, it is not a literacy tax. It is a simple requirement to provide something that everybody has. Your social security card counts as a form of ID. Unless you weren't born in the US (or you weren't born at all ... I'm looking at you illegal Android-Americans) you have one. So the entire concept of it somehow prohibiting and restricting voting rights is simply a fools argument.

edit on 6-12-2011 by WolfofWar because: I wrote Photo by accident.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Photo IDs are not a monetary payment, it is not a tax, it is not a literacy tax. It is a simple requirement to provide something that everybody has. Your social security card counts as a form of ID.

You social security card is not a photo ID.

Not all states offer photo ID's for free.

Unless the federal government pays for these, it's a poll tax.

A fools argument, indeed.

edit on 12-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

A photo ID is not at the issue. I mistakenly wrote it, obviously, but if you read the article, you'd notice that it is asking about requiring any ID for vote. A Social Security card counts, according to the federal government, for as long as it has existed, as a form of ID.

Fools argument.
edit on 6-12-2011 by WolfofWar because: Fixed

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

please explain how showing a non-photo id like a social security card would prevent voter fraud?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Ummm....Because the omniscient PTB did not want them to win, for reasons far beyond our ken? Part of their grand plan to control us with a police state and food shortages before they herd us into FEMA concentration camps?

edit on 12-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

Let's follow that logic...

so, according to you 'tptb' control the result of elections.

Wouldn't that imply that vote fraud would be irrelevant, since they just control the count?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

It has your signature and SS number on it, which allows you to verify and match a person.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Your ideas are a sign that the US is indeed headed for the dust bin of history.

You are part of the problem.

It's not my idea, it's over two thousand years old yet it is just as valid now as it was then. Already in this country we have roughly half the population that does pay income taxes working to support the other half that doesn't. It can't last. People that produce are getting tired of supporting people who don't. And politicians on both sides continue to spend like there's infinite money. Things are going to get really ugly in this country before there's any hope of them getting better. Look up hyperinflation in countries like Brazil, Zimbabwe, or Germany. It's coming here. People will starve, there will be food riots and roving gangs of looters looking for basic sustenance. The haves are not going to give up what's theirs without a fight. I'm not going to give up what's mine without a fight.

I'm old and overweight but I'm also smart, mean, and well armed. With any luck, when the real SHTF, it will be you in my sights one day and I can do my part to help solve the problem.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Originally posted by Janky Red
Your ideas are a sign that the US is indeed headed for the dust bin of history.

You are part of the problem.

It's not my idea, it's over two thousand years old yet it is just as valid now as it was then. Already in this country we have roughly half the population that does pay income taxes working to support the other half that doesn't. It can't last. People that produce are getting tired of supporting people who don't. And politicians on both sides continue to spend like there's infinite money. Things are going to get really ugly in this country before there's any hope of them getting better. Look up hyperinflation in countries like Brazil, Zimbabwe, or Germany. It's coming here. People will starve, there will be food riots and roving gangs of looters looking for basic sustenance. The haves are not going to give up what's theirs without a fight. I'm not going to give up what's mine without a fight.

I'm old and overweight but I'm also smart, mean, and well armed. With any luck, when the real SHTF, it will be you in my sights one day and I can do my part to help solve the problem.

I know critical thought is part of the problem opposing you and your corporate masters.

And

ya some of your ideas are probably B.C, I won't argue that.

You are pretty full of crap, you're a kiss the master producer kind of guy, what a suprise, wow,
such an original idea.The poor, abused producers, are richer than they have ever been in history,
it must be nice to be brain washed a wasco?I am sure the elites and producers will come and
rescue you from being amongst the wretched commoners. When the producer get fed up with
being so abused, maybe they will hire the leeches to express their anger while they vacation
in Barbados.

Sounds good Wasco, shooting me will solve all the worlds problems, I am truly flattered with your
offer, maybe you can skin me and stone my corpse too.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Wouldn't that imply that vote fraud would be irrelevant, since they just control the count?

Bingo! We are irrelevant! We only think that our vote counts!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Bingo! We are irrelevant! We only think that our vote counts!

So if you know this...why fuss about voter fraud?

See how that works?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The problem with this country is there are still too many squirrel eating, raccoon cap wearing, parrots who allow themselves to be locked, cocked and aimed at obsolete targets.

I sometimes call these types cowards. A coward is someone who will fight someone smaller and weaker than them with all their might. But let them meet someone their size or bigger and they turn into boot-lickers.

These people will go to absolute war against homeless people and people receiving welfare because those people are weaker than them. However they will gladly grab ankles and BOHICA, then turn around and kiss the arse of corporations, execs, etc, because those people are bigger than them. Thus they earn the term of COWARD.

You folks are worried about Shaquesha or Pedro voting too many times, while William Bush V laughs in your face and tells you he doesn't care what the votes say, he's still President.

Some of the people here are so enthralled to Rush, they're still tossing around terms like "liberal" as if it's really a insult! I dare one of them to acknowledge where the term "liberal" comes from. Let me include it for those who would be too lazy or stupid to research:

Wikipedia -

Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis, "of freedom")[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but most liberals support such fundamental ideas as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, free trade, and the freedom of religion.[3][4][5][6][7] These ideas are widely accepted, even by political groups that do not openly profess a liberal ideological orientation. Liberalism encompasses several intellectual trends and traditions, but the dominant variants are classical liberalism, which became popular in the eighteenth century, and social liberalism, which became popular in the twentieth century.

Liberalism first became a powerful force in the Age of Enlightenment, rejecting several foundational assumptions that dominated most earlier theories of government, such as hereditary status, established religion, absolute monarchy, and the Divine Right of Kings. The early liberal thinker John Locke, who is often credited for the creation of liberalism as a distinct philosophical tradition, employed the concept of natural rights and the social contract to argue that the rule of law should replace absolutism in government, that rulers were subject to the consent of the governed, and that private individuals had a fundamental right to life, liberty, and property.

I'll bet many of you thought this was the definition and description of Conservatism...LOL! So turn off the Rush and Hannity and begin thinking for yourselves.

TPTB are treating you all like silly children. They're waving their left hand in front your face (poor people) while slapping you with the right. And like a silly child...you all can't realize it's the right hand that's smacking you.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

A photo ID is not at the issue. I mistakenly wrote it, obviously, but if you read the article, you'd notice that it is asking about requiring any ID for vote. A Social Security card counts, according to the federal government, for as long as it has existed, as a form of ID.

Fools argument.
edit on 6-12-2011 by WolfofWar because: Fixed

Yeah, I think it is time to bring back literacy tests. The article in the OP is indeed specifically about PHOTO ID.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join