It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently, 75% of Americans want to be Dragged Back to the Jim Crow Era

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

That was a mistake, sorry I had a few beers, saw three posts in a row and assumed. I have been getting double posts like crazy tonight, and assumed I broke a record and made a triple post.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

You are right, I saw 3 in a row and thought it was a triple post. In my town, I was required to show a photo ID along with my voter card to prove who I was at the polls.

I dont believe you. Know why? Because that would be against NY state law. Are you saying your town violated NY state law?

www.vote411.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Elections are not manipulated with individuals voting over and over. Elections are manipulated by programmers and the people who count the votes.(or at least those who announce and/or handle the votes.)

All states except North Dakota require citizens to register to vote. You are usually required to present a valid form of id for this process. Then, your name goes on a list for your district. So in order to manipulate the system as it currently stands, you would need to know who isn't voting. In order to impersonate them so you can cast a vote for your party of choice.

Requiring no id at a polling station, is not "giving up", its just not necessary.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Well, you and your friend are still erecting straw man arguments,

That is an interesting term to use considering there is not one example given in this entire thread of one case of the type of voter fraud this is meant to prevent.

Good point, actually. But it's easy to find many instances of voter fraud on the net.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I have asked people repeatedly what they do where they live, and what they propose should be done besides the point. No one answers. Typical, people love to criticize, but never give a better solution.

More than enough people have suggested simply handing out free photo IDs so you must just want to argue.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

If it is against state law, then yeah I guess they did. I voted a whopping 4 time, once for the last primary, once for the main presidential election, and twice for local elections. I don't see a problem with them asking for my voter card, and a photo ID verifying that it was me.....

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

That was a mistake, sorry I had a few beers, saw three posts in a row and assumed. I have been getting double posts like crazy tonight, and assumed I broke a record and made a triple post.

So that is why you posted a complete lie, then took it down, then tried to pretend you never posted it at all but just miscounted? Silly me. Tell me how to take that seriously.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Who pays for the free Id's? There is no such thing as free.... So taxpayer paid ID's, but I assume you still need to prove who you are in some way to get them no?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Are you saying you support the idea of government-funded free photo id cards?

Or are you claiming they already exist?

They do already exist, in many states. Free Voter ID cards.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Screw you, I made a mistake..... Like you never made one before? I posted exactly what I said again when it was pointed out to me.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Wait....Wait... You already have a Voter ID when you "REGISTER" to vote... It's not an ID you can hold in your hand but it's an ID of yourself you give in the voting booth. This thread is crap.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I don't see a problem with them asking for my voter card, and a photo ID verifying that it was me.....

Well, except that it's against state law, right?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Are you saying you support the idea of government-funded free photo id cards?

Or are you claiming they already exist?

They do already exist, in many states. Free Voter ID cards.

Indeed. And your suggestion for the many states who do not offer them free?

what then?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

So that is why you posted a complete lie, then took it down, then tried to pretend you never posted it at all but just miscounted? Silly me. Tell me how to take that seriously.

C'mon, knock it off. Don't you think you're being a little harsh? She made a mistake - we all know how to make mistakes, don't we? Or are you the proverbial first one to cast stones because you are so pure?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Indeed. And your suggestion for the many states who do not offer them free?

what then?

Then challenge them in court; argue that poll taxes are unconsty. Easy win.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Does state law trump town law? I don't know to be honest, I nver really cared before. State law trumps federal law, is it the same for town VS state?

ID Needed for Voter Registration
To register to vote you must have either a verifiable New York State driver's license number or the last four digits of your Social Security number… Click to learn more

To register to vote you must have either a verifiable New York State driver's license number or the last four digits of your Social Security number. If you do not have either of these, and you are registering for the first time by mail, you may provide a copy of one of the following:

* A valid photo ID
* A current utility bill
* A bank statement
* A government check
* Some other government documentation that shows your name and address

If you do not provide identification with this form, you will be asked for it the first time you vote. Forms of "current and valid photo identification" include but are not limited to:

* Passport
* Government ID card
* Military ID card
* Student ID card
* Public housing ID card
* Any ID specified by HAVA and New York State law as acceptable
* Utility bill
* Bank statement
* Paycheck
* Government check (Social Security, tax refund, military paycheck or paycheck stub)
* Other government documents with your name and address including but not limited to: voter registration card, hunting, fishing, or trapping license or firearm permit.

ID Needed for Voting
If you are a new voter who is registering by mail, you will be required to show identification when you go to vote for the first time.… Click to learn more

If you are a new voter who is registering by mail, you will be required to show identification when you go to vote for the first time. If you are already registered at the board of elections or a state agency, you should not have to show identification at the polls. It is advisable for all new voters to bring identification when voting for the first time. Acceptable IDs to to vote are:
# Passport
# Government ID card
# Military ID card
# Student ID card
# Public housing ID card
# Any ID specified by HAVA and New York State law as acceptable
# Utility bill
# Bank statement
# Paycheck
# Government check (Social Security, tax refund, military paycheck or paycheck stub)
# Other government documents with your name and address including but not limited to: voter registration card, hunting, fishing, or trapping license or firearm permit

If town law does not trump state law, according to the link it was wrong. I just don't see how verifying you are eligable to vote is somehow dangerous.....
edit on Fri, 10 Jun 2011 23:32:07 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Thanks.... normally after I start partying, I log off, but I admit I got caught up in this conversation, and stayed longer than I should have. My mistake, won't happen again.

Have a good night everyone

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
They can rig an election without voter fraud now.

Polls are done using computers on a vast scale now. It's not hard to change data under certain circumstances.

The cons outweigh the pros in regard to requiring an identification that many don't have.

I don't vote though, so I don't really care.
edit on 11-6-2011 by drkylefletcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Is voter ID free?

if not, then it is a poll tax.

Pol taxes are illegal.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I like how they only poll 1000 people then generalize the whole country with their results. Why do people get so bent out of shape by these useless polls? They always throw these polls out there with these sensational headlines and people always seem to eat them up. Anyone with a basic understanding of statistics knows these polls are meaningless.

Yes people should provide appropriate ID when voting. Everyone should have appropriate ID on them whenever they travel away from their home anyways.

Let the excuses begin!!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join