It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do Animals Think of Us?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I ponder this a lot.

We are still creatures to them after all. They still see us and sense us.

Sometimes I have staring contests with the wild geckos in my house. I wonder what they think of me.

There are definitely certain birds that think they are superior to us, as well as all cats.

But what I'm trying to get at is, what do you think their actual thought process is when they see us? We do look kinda strange compared to other animals.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hmmmm......well , cats are smart enough to plot lil pinky and the brain plots against us in their imagining just because they know in no uncertain terms that they are in charge......................... mew ......if I only had hands ...... the stuff I could do..............................

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
They think about their future...they think about their place compromised by humans...they think about survival...they wonder why humans left their animal state to human state. No..they don't have much time to think, they have to choose a place where they can counter extinction. They want freedom maybe or a guide.
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah

But what I'm trying to get at is, what do you think their actual thought process is when they see us? We do look kinda strange compared to other animals.

I think they look at humans like your supposed to be protecting us and ensuring our longevity not making us into endangered species. Cant you make some flavorful meat tasting vitamin filled plant foods and let us be. Also do you feel bad you dont have your natural tele communications links cut ON with the rest of us BECAUSE WE TALK ABOUT YOU ALOT AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT HUMANITY HAS TO SAY. The apes are sick of being related to your actions since they dont build weapons and tear down rainforest. But they look like you so we always ask the apes and they are pissed since they dont even speak your LANGUAGE. The sea life just would like to say CLEAN UP THEM MESSES IT DOES LAND DOWN HERE WHEN YOU DUMP AND CAN YOU PUT YOUR LABS NEAR THE HEAT WATERS TO CLEAN THE POLLUTION FROM THEM.

The Sky animals CAN YOU PLEASE STOP PUTTING SO MUCH RADIO MICRO TELEVISION CELLUAR IN THE AIR WE CANT TEACH OUR FLEDGLINGS TO FLY IN PROPERFORMATION OR DIRECTIONas these waves are causing issues.

Those below your feets
How come you take our home and not even think to share

edit on 6/10/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
"just don't understand why they go through great lengths to get rid of their little bit of hair just so they can wear our fur? Otherwise, continue on, speed up your mutually assured destruction already"

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 10-6-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
double

edit on 10-6-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Just one moment I'll get my cat to get QWERTY here with ya and explain it all to ya!

Hang on, retracting claws.... fdybhobaujlrlje axkdhibadbadnaiewnalg ghrnmizxgsdhwdt kjcouaygumjscfe lku aygm.

Now he said, he only types uses one toe but two others always got in the way so you have to deduct two letters all the way through ok!?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

After reading animal communicator Karen Anderson's book,having several readings with her to find two of my lost cats (which were both found I will add) and also listening to Sonia Fitzpatrick's program, and others that are not quite so famous, my personal conclusions are that animals are extremely attuned to nature and universal energy, have feelings and emotions of love, anger ,jealousy and fear, and are fully knowing of the wheel of karma, life, death, afterlife and reincarnation. Having said this, animals, having a simpler mind because they they have less complex reasoning ability and can see truth much more easily and being just completely open spiritually, view us almost as a parent that unconditionally loves their kids who allows us to learn our lessons, and sometimes at great expense to them. They are the teachers and we are the students. They anticipate our actions because they can understand our thoughts/energy and can make their own decisions based on what they understand from us. Their dependence on us for food and shelter, and even love, is the catalyst for the relationship that the universe, God, or whatever/whoever you call the great consciousness, is designed to create a co-dependent relationship in which we learn unconditional love from them and to know that unconditional love does exist and is possible, because we won't get that lesson too often from our human brothers and sisters! Maybe this wasn't quite the response you were looking for, but it is how I see it at this point in my life.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
First of all. Animals dont possess "thought. Atleast not verbal thought (unless you would be crazy enough to think they think in words)

When they look at us i imagine it as an instictual process of some sort. They see us as a dangerous creature. Or in the case of my dog, she sees me as a multitude of things. BUT, and this is where i think you err in your presumption, it is entirely one thing to just react, and another to respond and analyze your reaction. Animals do not have self consciousness to the degree where they can analyze and form a reasonable impression of what they're observing. So, most of all i imagine theyre either confused, or intimidated, or amused. But their feelings are mostly primitive and primal and easy to understand for a higher creature - such as us.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

So when my dog is sniffing and licking at another dogs poo, or in a more severe case, sticking her nose into dangerous places...... these actions ARENT entirely stupid?

Dont get me wrong. I have a respect for a dogs emotional awareness in some ways and i think theyre a great symbol in which we can learn from (and no, i dont think they themselves teach, but the creator of these creatures is the one doing the teaching) but what you say is just way too much, and beyond illogical. Dogs, Cats have an awareness of Karma? Reincarnation? Is this why my cousins dog ran across the street when he saw another dog and got hit by a car? Or would you attribute this obvious action - motivated by wanting to play with another dog - to a "Karmic awareness" that it was time to get injured?
edit on 10-6-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
They don't. That's why they are so beautiful. They don't judge like we do.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

So when my dog is sniffing and licking at another dogs poo, or in a more severe case, sticking her nose into dangerous places...... these actions ARENT entirely stupid?

Dont get me wrong. I have a respect for a dogs emotional awareness in some ways and i think theyre a great symbol in which we can learn from (and no, i dont think they themselves teach, but the creator of these creatures is the one doing the teaching) but what you say is just way too much, and beyond illogical. Dogs, Cats have an awareness of Karma? Reincarnation? Is this why my cousins dog ran across the street when he saw another dog and got hit by a car? Or would you attribute this obvious action - motivated by wanting to play with another dog - to a "Karmic awareness" that it was time to get injured?

Yes. All of my life I've sought to understand the purpose of my existance as well as those of the animals I loved so much. Confronting one's spirituality requires a lot of committment and research and experience. I have done the same when trying to get inside the heart and mind of animals as well. The best way I have experienced this was through meditation and then communicating with the spirit of my animals. What I learned was nothing short of miraculous and incredulous as my formed beliefs previously came from my ego and the short sighted minds of people who didn't know any better, such as my friends, my parents, vets and everyone who has an opinion on the subject who judge based on what they project into the actions of an animal. Animals are no different that us when they are confronted with their own emotions and instincts and react and make mistakes. The point I tried to get across was that even though animals have less developed communication skills, they are far more aware of the nature of our existance than us humans who must use questioning, reasoning, analysis, logic and theory to come to a conslusion when animals are just completely in the moment and aware of multiple levels of consciousness. Having said this, on a purely physical level, just like people, some animals can have greater awareness than others, just like some are smarter than others. I'm sorry if this may not make any sense to you, I'm not the best communicator on the planet, but it makes complete sense to me and much of what I learned was confirmed when I started reading the books of animal communicators such as the ones I mentioned who had the same findings. These are people like myself who dived deep into the spiritual aspects of animal life and came up with the same conclusions independent of each other.

I can't answer why the dog ran into the street and got hit, as I do not know the animal, the caretakers or anything about the situation. But I've learned that when something tragic happens to an animal that we love, that there are no accidents and they will put themselves into great harm and pain in order to teach us humans a lesson about love.

Please don't be offended, but I am not trying to sell you or anyone on this point of view and I don't want to derail this thread.I did make an honest attempt to answer your question. My response was directed at the OP's question and I answered it as best I could based on my personal experiences, however different it may be from anyone else's.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The tens of millions or more of cows, sheep, pigs and chickens must think we are SOBs for keeping them in tiny little pens, crammed together in filth, separating them from their babies almost at birth, lining them up for slaughter and than the stun guns don't always work...............don't get me going on how humanity treats every living creature on this planet including each other.
(I don't do the mad face often).

Now, animals think a lot more than we give them credit for.

Yesterday, June 9th at around 10:00 AM C/T my dog came up to me, I absent mindedly leaned down to scratch her while key boarding and she clearly said, "outttttttttt".

Hello................................she talked, she clearly told me no, I a don't want a scratch, I need to go outside to pee.

We've had this "dog" for about four months, she is six years old and a rescue dog from death row that came from a puppy mill (breeder female they call them).

Sorry I didn't have my camera/recorder ready I wasn't expecting my dog to talk to me and tell me she wanted to go out you will have to take my word for it. She clearly said "outtt"

This morning while cutting up veggies she was watching me and I cut myself and said the brown word, than I told her, "now don't repeat that word, that's a naughty word, I'm going to have to watch my mouth around you sweetie."
I can see my husband or friends coming home and her repeating that word.

This morning (4:00 AM) it was raining, lightening and thundering like crazy, Lucy, that's my dog's name, came into our bedroom and poked at me, than we got up, she sat at the door looking out whining, (She is scared of thunder and lightening) I promised her I would let her right back in, dry her off with a towel and give her a treat so she ran out quickly and did her thing and ran back stopped right inside the door grumbling (complaining about the weather) liked being dried off and told how good she is and grabbed her treat. But she clearly was grumbling about having to go out in the rain and upset about the lightening and thunder.

When we go out side during nice weather, a lot of the robins, butterlies bees, rabbits, toads and squirrels come pretty close to me because maybe they know I won't hurt them............we must give off a scent or something that let's them know.

Personally, I think animals think a lot more than we realize. Like humans some are brighter than others.

When I use to milk our cows, I always got double the milk because I would talk to them and tell them how beautiful they were and how good their milk tasted.

Be kind and nice to animals, they don't usually betray your kindness like many homosapiens do.

Directly to answer your question................I think that most of them think humans are ruining our planet and scared of us because many of us are so mean and heartless. We use them, disrespect them, throw them away like things when they are thinking, feeling entities in their own right.

We kill in America alone 8-10 million dogs a year and no, not one at a time gently floating them down with a drug...........that's too expensive. 10-15 at a time are usually shoved in a sealed box and then the CO2 is piped in and the other dogs and cats can hear the ones in the box at the kill shelters screaming for about two minutes.

What do animals think of us as the cows, sheep and pigs are lined up at the slaughter house door as they listen to the ones the stun gun doesn't render unconscious as they are skinned alive? My girlfriend's brother has worked at a slaughter house for years and says every year their "quota" goes up, they can't stop and make sure the animals are humanely killed...........our animal food industry has a lot of clout in DC, more so than the ASPCA.

How do the mother cows,sheep, pigs and chickens feel when we rip their babies from them?

My dog was a "puppy mill breeder" and she keeps a bunch of little beanie baby puppies in her crate, maybe to make up for her puppies that were taken from her.

As posted in another thread, I watched Molly, our cow stand over her still born calf and cry..........yes cows can cry.

No, animals aren't as smart as us as far as being able to do math, look out for cars, and other stuff. But, they do think and they do feel and we need to be kinder to them and respect them as sentinel beings.

What do zoo animals think of us?

I wouldn't want to be Dr. Dolittle, what they think of us would drive me mad.

Lastly if you read two books, read Gail A. Eixnitz's Slaughterhouse and Dominion by Matthew Scully.

edit on 10-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Animals think we're awesome, as they should. My cat loves me. Other wild animals are generally afraid of me. Either way, animals basically think people are dangerous and cool and great. Which we are.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Spoken like a true scientist.

Maybe the animals you have dealt with, not the ones I have..............and I was raised on a farm.

I walk in the woods, any woods and the animals come out from the brush because they know I won't hurt them. My girlfriend is always bribing me to hike with her because it's the only time the animals come out.

I've been with a couple of my dogs that had to be put "asleep" and yes they do worry, they do think ahead, they are conscious of their mortality and death...............don't kid yourself.

By your thought process you thus excuse yourself, as do most of humanity that animals aren't as worried or think or feel like we do so we can dominate and do what we feel with them.

I'm not saying to invite a bear in to play poker and have a beer but many animals have way more of a consciousness than people want to admit......................because once you admit something you than become responsible for that knowledge. That's why most people chose to play the "animals are stupid and don't feel game", that mindset lets them off the hook for treating animals with the respect they deserve.

"Do unto others exactly as you would have them do unto you".

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Maybe the animals you have dealt with, not the ones I have..............and I was raised on a farm.

What exactly did you disagree with?

First of all. Animals dont possess "thought. Atleast not verbal thought (unless you would be crazy enough to think they think in words)

Do you believe animals think in words? If so, why cant they talk? Of course, any rational person will infer that an animals thinking is instinct-based. They dont think in words because their minds are not that sophisticated.

They see us as a dangerous creature.

Do you disagree with this? If this werent true, why do squirrels, chipmunks etc, whom i find extremely cute, run away from me? Its because theyre scared and their instinct causes them to run away. Im percieved as a 'dangerous creature" to them. How is this wrong?

animals do not have self consciousness to the degree where they can analyze and form a reasonable impression of what they're observing.

I have never seen animal - and i have a dog - a very intelligent, beautiful (both in appearance and her smell) labrador/ridgeback/doberman mix whose reasoning capabilities are limited to what serves her natural instincts. Thus, if she wants some food, she can reason how to get it. If she wants to go outside, she can reason, if i put my snout here, i can open the door. If i point this way - she reasons, there must be something there. This is all still, extremely primitive, albeit, cute and lovely to see in an animal.

I've been with a couple of my dogs that had to be put "asleep" and yes they do worry, they do think ahead, they are conscious of their mortality and death...............don't kid yourself.

I never said dogs didnt feel. The very word for dog in Hebrew - kelev - literally means "like the heart". They are intelligent in some ways; but lets be completely honest when assessing them. Some people can be a little too melodramatic as i think "justsaying" was; that dogs and cats have a knowledge of karma, reincarnation. Wheres the critical thought there? If im being 'scientific' by saying otherwise, then i take it as a very big compliment. Id rather be logical then illogical.

by your thought process you thus excuse yourself, as do most of humanity that animals aren't as worried or think or feel like we do so we can dominate and do what we feel with them.

Where on earth did you draw that conclusion? I said no such thing. I am a spiritual, mindful person and i am absolutely against animal cruelty in all shapes and forms. Im against hunting animals for sport. Im even against those who buy dogs and dont give them a good 30 minute run each and every day. If you knew me, you'd understand how close i am to my dog. I take her out twice - each day. I take her to the fields, to the woods, and i cant stand to see her on her leash. It bothers me to see an animal - especially a dog whose happiest when running - bound by a leash. I dont eat my meals until i first feed my dog (another principle of my belief system - Judaism. To feed your animals before yourself). Im constantly giving my dogs hugs and kisses, rubbing her belly, and i feel bad for her when i see that she wants to go out but cant because im working/studying. I also cant resist not giving her atleast a little of my bread, or pizza, or red peppers (she especially loves these) etc when i eat.

Please in the future try not to draw conclusions that arent present in the post quoted.

"Do unto others exactly as you would have them do unto you".

That applies to human beings. Animals dont have freewill. Thus, when my dog gets in my way in the kitchen, or if she poos or pees inside. It is my fault. Its in her nature to do that. I have never hit my dog (not unless she really did something bad, like run across the street and almost get hit by a car) for something that i failed to ingrain in her. I dont even like being rude to my dog. If shes in my way, i politely say in my typical way of speaking to her "'scuse me" and like a sweetie she moves.

In anycase, my problem is equating humans with animals. I have a great deal of love and respect for animals. But, unlike so many here, i give Humans their just do. We are the superior creation. Our job is to tend to the world, and indeed, if the world is in disarray, and animals suffer, its because we are not doing what we should be doing.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Then how come my dog said "outttttttt" and my previous pointer talked too..........only a few words like, no, yes and food.

Sorry, yes animals do think in words.

How the sam heck do you know, you mind meld with an animal before?

My dog clearly said outttttttttt yesterday, she thinks in words.

I talk to her and she listens to me more so than the two men (son & husband) I live with.

Sorry but I disagree with your statement.

Yes they think in pictures too, just like I do, but they also think in words sometimes..........not always.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The point I tried to get across was that even though animals have less developed communication skills,

Less developed communication skills? A bark, or a chirp, has at most a few shades of meaning.

Human language - just take a second an analyze human language. Look at the concepts, ideas, and worlds beyond worlds that can be accessed by us.

Animals are limited to their behavior. And im sorry, until it is scientifically shown that animals "know" the things you imagine them to know, whos to say the 'communications' youve had with animals spirits arent the same projections - from your unconscious - onto the animals, which you claim we do when we analyze their behavior.. From a kabbalistic perspective, that would make a great deal of sense (since animals themselves are projections of principles that exist within man - who is the microcosm - containing everything that exists within the macrocosm within him)

Answer me this simply question. It happened today. My dog had a crusty in her eye so i wiped it off. as a joke, i showed it to her. What does she then do? she licks it. If she were so 'enlightened' how come she can do such blatantly stupid things? And what about her paranoia? I ring the door bell and she FREAKS out. If she hears something strange, she freaks. Is this flawless 'intution' you think dogs have? The fact that they react the way they do to doorbells probably provides an example that when they bark at nothing for no reason, it is probably some subtle sound or noise (although i am open to the possibility that dogs,cats etc percieve disembodied spirits) they overreacted to. So, even if they do have some 'spiritual powers' like their incredibly keen sense of smell, and the joy they give their human friends, they are still very simple, paranoid and in many cases, stupid.

I can't answer why the dog ran into the street and got hit, as I do not know the animal, the caretakers or anything about the situation. But I've learned that when something tragic happens to an animal that we love, that there are no accidents and they will put themselves into great harm and pain in order to teach us humans a lesson about love.

Before i answer this, i want to say something first. On every level - we are CLEARLY the superior creature. It is simple fantasy to say otherwise. Where are the cities dogs and cats built? Have they understood the mysteries of mathematics, the universe? Can they build a nuclear reactor? Temper your statements because they are going beyond the absurd. I know you may 'want' to believe as you do; nonetheless, you cant ignore simple reality is it is. To lean one way in total rejection of the other is nothing but fantasy.

Now, as for your statement. I personally believe as you do - although to be clear - the animal is a simple medium. It does not act with Free will. It simply acts by instinct. The programmer however, the GAOTU, or creator, or G-d, causes animals to do what they do to teach us moral and spiritual lessons. I believe that aswell.

Now, having a dog, and analyzing her, obviously she possesses a little tiny sense of self; a minature personality, if you will. In this, she has an incredibly limited range of being. She can never know G-d, because she can never know the significance of her existence. She acts, and when she acts, she acts out of instinct. But in those rarer times when she does something unique like licks me when im sad, or curls besides me, or lays down on my arm (which i find funny) when im laying on the deck, or gets incredibly excited when someone comes home. I think that is G-d working through this little creature. Its simple joy, and its simply happiness in standing by man, with true devotion, is part of the reason why the word dog, is G-d backwards. Its a symbol for how we should relate with G-d; with total devotion. And just as we need to discipline dogs, likewise G-d needs to discipline us. We, in a way, understand G-ds relationship to us by analyzing our relationship with dogs.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Sorry, yes animals do think in words.

Which words do they think in? English? Spanish, French? Hindi, Japanese, Mandarin? Thai? Do British cats speak with an accent - of course in 'thought'.

Animals think; just not in words. Their thinking occurs without the aspect of thinking to oneself. That is the unique aspect of thinking with words. One is essentially talking to himself.

And, if you happen to see your dog saying 'out'. Its an imitation. Parrots do it too. They dont actually understand what theyre saying.

Theres a video of a dog at youtube who is clever enough to do that aswell. The owner says "say ________" and the dog says it. Very intelligent dog.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Yes they do think in pictures....my cat would always respond to my mental projection of images that I sent to him, every time regardless of his location. If I visualized a picture of him sitting in my daughters lap, he would go over and sit in her lap. If I visualized a picture to him to come to the back door if he was outside, as when bad weather would be moving in, he would always respond and be there at the back door within a few minutes. On the flip side, I I would receive an image from his point of view when something wasn't right, for instance, when I changed his food and he didn't like it, I kept getting a mental picture of him getting nauseated from his food, and this continued until his food was changed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join