It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will it take for YOU to become involved!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I read a lot about people venting frustration about our current government. Yet I really don't see anything of significance happening. Either the majority is content with the status quot, or everyone is waiting for "the shot heard round the world" to do anything about it. I'm curious as to what it will take for YOU to get motivated to change things. Are you an armchair activist who spouts change, or do you really want it? My threshold has been reached, how about yours?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I been doing all I can for a while now... Which of course is not much. Writing letters, email, faxes to my "reps" on my opinion on how they should vote on bills, attending local protests I care about. Not much more I can do at this point.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
My threshold has been reached, how about yours?

So what exactly are you doing about "it"?

For me, I take care of me and mine. Until "it" reaches me locally/personally, I won't be initiating anything except trying to inform myself and espousing my ire against it all.

I realize how that sounds but it's honesty you're after, right?
edit on 10/6/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Yes, honest answers. As for me, I write letters, emails phone calls. I also hold meetings and discuss ways to effect change. It doesn't have to come to violence, and you don't have to agree on every point. If we can simply agree change needs to happen, then we figure out how to get people in there to make the change. WE have to exert our right to force those we elect to LISTEN to us or else, and mean it! We have to stick to our guns. It might take 5 election cycles, but if the turnover happens when they don't listen, we can and will get their attention. Look at what the tea Party did in 2 years!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Double post....sorry
edit on 10-6-2011 by havok because: Double post

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Unfortunately for most people it is going to be a drastic event that makes them move toward changing anything. For example: when the Internet and cable are shut down and their smart phone no longer has service because the government has pulled the plug...well then I think we will see the "commoners" reach their threshold too.

When the depression finally hits and most of the country is out of work and the American Dollar has no value anymore then you'll see people say enough is enough. Until the normal flow of their lives is interrupted in some big way few people are going to reach the boiling point.

Basic psychology says that true meaningful change only happens when your mad enough, sad enough, hurt enough, etc...to make a change...I think it hold true to every single one of us, and change will be hard in coming these days. In my opinion of course.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Personally I've been involved since about 2008, when I joined ATS.

What have I done?
Well for starters, I've tried to inform people of what's going on in the world today for about 3 years now. Getting them out of their fantasy lifestyle and back to reality is tough, but possible. The biggest setback is ignorance.
Some people will never accept the truth.
They only believe what they read or have learned in school.

I use the old saying when giving out information:
"When a man asks for a drink, you give him half a glass...if he is still thirsty, you give him more."
Basically, you don't want to drown people with too much information.
You will lose your audience quickly.
Let them digest a little at a time.
Then if they want more, give it to them sparingly, but in good taste.
You do not want to overwhelm them...(as I was when first "informed")

But what a great feeling I get from opening someone's eyes!
Once a person sees this world the way it should be viewed, it is amazing.

Besides voting, informing people, and just good preparation, I've been vigilant too.
Just being aware of my surroundings and seeing the corruption is overwhelming enough...
Let alone being a whistle-blower.
Getting far away from debt, credit cards and that whole Jones lifestyle is what I'm staying away from.
I guess you could say I am staying away from what people emulate off the television.
I am being myself.
Free from society's worries!

But I will say this:
After years of spouting off, I've come to the conclusion that people can only change themselves.
You can influence someone, but you can't change them.
And some people don't want to know the truth.
They are happy being slaves.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I admire the people from the 60's. Not because I agree with what their agenda was, but because they stood up to government. They were heard, they banded together for a common purpose. They rallied, and in some cases even put up with violence. How many of you would have joined the cause had you been there? I know I would have. This is what the government fears. They will do/say anything to keep it from happening again. Why? Because this is not the 60's. We have mass communications, cell phones and the internet. We can organize and protest at a much faster rate than they could back then. Our forefathers started in much the same way many are today. Silent whispers of revolution, backroom meetings. Those with a common goal banded together. No they didn't all agree on everything, but they did agree on principal and effected change that made history. They took on the mightiest army in the world and won. Like the saying says, you eat an elephant one bite at a time.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You said it. The majority ("Thinks" that it) is happy with the status quo. Therefore any active involvement is doomed to fail and it will take the majority to wake up for me personally to get actively involved. Otherwise...well you know. I`ll end up in jail or dead or something along the lines (And for what? It won`t change anything. I have more opportinity to make an impact by passively opposing the status quo. Trying carefully to awake people and trying to avoid as many pro-NWO aspects of our reality as possible).

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Me? It's disgusting yes. We can make organizations and protest.

Then against those organizations there will be the government and the infinite amount of funds they have to make whatever claim they wish. It's not even David and the Goliath any more. It's David verses the entire Goliath nation and David will get stepped on.

This metaphor applies to all the current organizations out there now. Unless you have deep pockets and specific bureaucratic connections, then it will be misplaced energy.

In summary, I, as a person, will remain on my own individual path without interjecting.

new topics

top topics

join