It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music that moves you

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by justyc

No, didn't follow the series but can see how the vid you added was pieced together very well for a highly emotive effect. You just spared me five seasons of television, cheers lol.

I feel kind of silly though, as until tonight I was only aware of the chillout sessions version I have at home, yet the original has so much more depth imo.

Thumbs up for starting the thread

edit on 30-6-2011 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by benedict9
reply to post by justyc

No, didn't follow the series but can see how the vid you added was pieced together very well for a highly emotive effect. You just spared me five seasons of television, cheers lol.

I feel kind of silly though, as until tonight I was only aware of the chillout sessions version I have at home, yet the original has so much more depth imo.

Thumbs up for starting the thread

edit on 30-6-2011 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

oooh - if you have never seen 6 feet under you have missed probably the best series ever on tv (with the possible exception of 'the wire' - i can never decide which i like better). it really, really is worth watching and i again watched the last 6 minutes after i posted it here and cried my eyes out again but you have to know the series to understand why it is such a powerful ending. i can listen to the song on it's own and think yeah it's a really good song without it affecting me but i cry every time i hear and see that ending - weird huh?

thnx for the thumbs up
i'm still wading through the songs here when i can - some really great and interesting stuff i've not heard before.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Here's another of my favs by Loreena McKinnett..I've always enjoyed her.

Thanks.
I had to wrack my memory to find her name again. Love her music. I also liked your Appalachian video, I sure hate to see them deforesting those mountains that's my favorite place in my small world so far.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

How can it not ?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
One more, for the Road, ....

the five minute mark, ... gets me everytime.

Untitled 1, Vaka, ..... Your Soul.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by benedict9

First song 'Breathe Me' - Sia I could listen to everyday and never get tired of it, and it would always remind me of this moment of truth. " Don't break this" - never! "Headphones" are off and I'm looking directly into your eyes, your wish has been heard and reciprocated. I cried all day long, and was so touched and overcome, just know this.

The second vid I got the code and loved it. You could not have picked a better movie or theme, this was where I really cried ALOT! Last two I liked also, mellowed out the emotions somewhat. These will be hard to top, but I'll try.

Leona Lewis - I see you.

Stabbing Westward - You Complete Me

www.youtube.com... If doesn't work.

Papa Can You Hear Me - Barbara Striesand Movie "Yentl" This is for "US" religious nutters. haha.

If it doesn't work: www.youtube.com...

Daree
edit on 1-7-2011 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
kate bush's song about wilhelm reich - cloudbusting

and this one -

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

i can listen to the song on it's own and think yeah it's a really good song without it affecting me but i cry every time i hear and see that ending - weird huh?

Not weird at all. It's a testament to the great writers that can create such rounded characters that we can universally identify with and even come to recognise parts of ourselves within.

I only watched very small snippets of the show, yet from what I saw it was intelligently crafted series demonstrating the complexities of the human condition. Now I sound like a pompous reviewer hehe.

'Running up the Hill'--nice one

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

First song 'Breathe Me' - Sia I could listen to everyday and never get tired of it

No doubt! I went to bed and still had the tune ringing in my ears.

As for the headphones, they were never on, I know you 'hear' me--always feeling the love sister
I also recalled someone saying they like vampire flicks, so felt you'd appreciate the second track clip which I agree was beautifully composed and emotionally stirring. I'll have to compensate you for all the tissues you sensitive thing you.

Now I'm going to get a little religiously 'nutty' with the next set as I feel I have been slightly neglecting the powers that should rightly be at the forefront of my consciousness. A more 'atmospheric' tone this time. Peace Dee.

first minute is of bells ringing and another min of chiming in between song pieces--free free to skip.

Thanks for the latest offerings, hadn't heard any of them prior as I don't recall getting through all of the yentl movie, was young the last time I noticed it on the box. Thanks for broadening my musical horizons.

edit on 1-7-2011 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Changing gears here.

Something a little fun no one has probably seen English/Hindi. "Just Chill, Chill" This will move you, yeah, right out of your chair!

reply to post by benedict9

You're welcome. Keep the faith brother and all that jazz. Take care, Daphne.
edit on 1-7-2011 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The faith will be kept as long as I am in His Grace, making choices in accordance with the Divine will. That is the only way. Enjoyed the latest tracks again new to me and moving, even with the chill
thank you once more dearest Daphne.

A great song from an iconic Aussie band.

edit on 2-7-2011 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i've always loved the lyrics of this song -

grandmaster flash and the furious five - the message

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
also the message behind this one -

yothu yindi - tribal voice

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

edit on 2-7-2011 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a classic and haunting song =

joy division - love will tear us apart

and the sad 'twenty four hours'

edit on 2-7-2011 by justyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
simon and garfunkel...

for emily whenever i may find her -

kathy's song -

old friends/bookends

the boxer

and their amazing song - sound of silence

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
simple minds - someone, somewhere, in summertime

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM