It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music that moves you

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

Big fan of the first 3 Radiohead albums, well especially the Bends and OK computer. Some of the best albums I have ever heard.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Gaudete - Mediaeval Baebes

Binnorie O Binnorie - Mediaeval Baebes

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Thanks - and you just reminded me of another great track by (Jon &) Vangelis...

- I'll find my way home

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Me Ru Con - The Justified Ancients Of Mu Mu (The Jamms [AKA The KLF]

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

This is moves me almost to tears.

ALS

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Concierto de Aranjuez II Adagio - Joaquín Rodrigo

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Con Te Partiro (Time to say goodbye) - Andrea Bocelli

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Listen - Tears For Fears

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Very nice discussion here and some nice music, i find most people listen to music without knowing that music can be moving (kids these days and the crappy chart music).
I want to add my 2 cents worth and mention the music of sigor ros and jonsi, the first time i heard his music i thought it very refreshing and completely absorbed me. hope you enjoy.
www.youtube.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">sigor ros von
jonsi tornado

ps sorry if the vids arnt embedded, still getting used to ats.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by baldybill
Very nice discussion here and some nice music, i find most people listen to music without knowing that music can be moving (kids these days and the crappy chart music).
I want to add my 2 cents worth and mention the music of sigor ros and jonsi, the first time i heard his music i thought it very refreshing and completely absorbed me. hope you enjoy.
www.youtube.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">sigor ros von
jonsi tornado

Sigor ros is awesome.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by baldybill

I'm happy that so many people are contributing to this thread - doesn't matter what language you speak, race, religion etc that you are - music is something that touches all of us and it is going to take me a long time going through these pages to listen to each track in turn.

god, yes - how could i have forgotten sigur ros???

Untitled 8 - from their film Heima

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

to embed a youtube video - look for the button that says vid:youtube and paste the number & l etter code of the url there (not the whole url) eg - i used the number 3_iWa7MQy48 for the sigur ros link but the whole url is www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_iWa7MQy48

just use everything after it says v=
edit on 10-6-2011 by justyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Second Skin - The Chameleons

dedicated to those who replied

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My favorite song from Queen and appropriate for the times.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo
reply to post by justyc

I'm a massive Gregorian chants fan, Latin catholic music, most songs have pure stories.

I'm a huge Mediaeval Baebes fan myself

My favourite Gregorian Chant

Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lakotas

I think this is always going to be their most beautiful song - his most heartfelt lyrics. Knowing he was living with a death sentence hanging over him...

Who wants to live forever - Queen

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I am particularly fond of Jazz-Funk:

edit on 10-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I just heard about this new d.j., DJ Jamie James, from a friend on Facebook. At first, i didnt believe it, when my friend told me how good he was; but after about 10 minutes of listening to his mix, i was hooked. His mixes blend and create a whole new vibe that makes you wanna dance or workout. I take his mixes everywhere i go; especially when i go to the gym. The music he chooses for his mixes get me all pumped up and ready to go. Oh, and you should hear his classic dance mixes. Talk about 'memory lane'...classic 80's early 90's....wow, instant flashbacks!!! The best part is he doesnt charge anything for his mixtapes...he loads them for free. Only bad part, he doesnt always allow you to download them; but he loads a new mix, on his facebook every week; sometimes twice a week. Anyway, here's 3 of my favs. I hope you got time to listen because once you click play, you wont stop!

DJ Jamie James - Who's That Chick (1 hour Dance mix)]
DJ Jamie James - When I Hear Music (2 Hour Classic Dance mix)
DJ Jamie James - Notorious Thugz (1 Hour Classic Hip-Hop mix)

Here is his facebook page:

DJ Jamie James Facebook

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Bela Lugosi's Dead - Bauhaus

Lost count of the amount of times I listened to this in my youth - most atmospheric goth song ever

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

hey Suspiria a fellow brit and most importantly a fellow sigor ros/jonsi fan. nice to meet you.
strangely none of my friends appreciate good music so its nice to meet a fan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join